Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Human Attacker

Homes: A Case Study for your Embetterment.

When a superkingdom (not to be confused with a "top kingdom") uses homes, you don't see them in the pump or the war build. They are rotated in, ever so briefly, to allow a province to fully draft without needing to feed them soldiers. To keep with the theme of the thread, the actual race used will be human clerics instead. Behind a wall of cfs, they have been pumping science and stocking gold while passively training wizards into the mid-age. They are currently heading toward an expiration of their ceasefire with "favoritekingdom of absalom" and have accumulated around 1,500 books per acre and a minimum of 20,000 gc per acre. Currently, their provinces look something like this:

8epa, 2tpa, 3wpa, 18ppa, 115%BE
    8% farms
    29% banks
    25% schools
    20% guilds
    18% towers

The ceasefire expires as of 6/1 but this war has been planned and theorized about since 0/1. Diplomatic measures were taken on both sides (absalom and non-absalom) to ensure favoritekingdom was secure to stockpile acres until the inevitable extraction. The first build rotation takes place on 5/2 and appears as follows. Drafting with patriotism begins immediately and FL is kept on to stockpile food. LP when homes are in.

8epa, 2tpa, 3wpa, 27ppa/spa, 115% BE
    10% farms
    8% guilds
    82% homes

On the 1st of 5/3, the kingdom switches to fortified stance, to increase the draft rate and to ensure they will have the option to rotate back into fortified when the cf expires. The target draft is 86-88% and will take around 4 days total.

Around the 12th of 5/5, the BE will begin to decline. This is countered by razing farms and guilds into barren acres. Aim for 13% total farms and guilds. Everything else should be non-job-producing.

The 1st of 5/6 is where the micromanagement really begins. The province will be at 86+% draft and on 5 ppa or less. Begin razing homes into barren acres (a few % each hour). You will also have to continue reducing farms and guilds as you overpopulate your peasants to maintain BE. STAY BETWEEN 105% AND 114% OF MAX POPULATION. Reduce draft rate to aggressive or less, and pat is no longer required. The goal is to have 2ppa remaining as of the 24th of 5/6. This will require ~20% barren acres.

On the 12th of 5/6, build 10% arms and raze enough homes to offset the addition to max pop.

Province as of the 24th of 5/6: Training day.
    8epa, 2tpa, 3wpa, 21spa, ~2ppa, ~115%BE
    5% farms
    10% arms (for just this hour)
    20+% barren
    65-% homes

Train: 1tpa, 12epa, 8ospa. Raze arms after training and continue razing farms as needed to reduce jobs in proportion to ppa.

The next tick, the 1st of 5/7, the kingdom switches to aggressive stance. This is to ensure they can switch back to fort after the wave date. The stockpiled GC will be in free-fall since there is no longer any income, but there will still be enough to fund 2-3 dragons (stockpiled on the t/ms) and wages (which have been at 200% thus far) throughout the hostile.

8th of 5/7: Build to the following. Yes, some is missing.
    10% farms
    14% tgs
    10% guilds
    8% towers
    16% rax
    1% dungeons

9th of 5/7: Build 30% guard stations and 11% forts. You should currently have less than 5% job producing buildings in place.

1st of 6/1: Wave date. Offensive buildings are in. Troops are in. Unleash the fury half way through the hour, while the nw remains low from missing buildings, but keep spare generals home. Favoritekingdom blows a ton of stealth gathering intel and sets up their wave.

2nd of 6/1: Defensive buildings come in. The province looks something like this:

20epa, 3tpa, 3wpa, 8ospa, 2-ppa + soldiers for pool, 115%BE
    10% farms
    14% tgs
    30% guard stations
    10% guilds
    8% towers
    16% rax
    11%forts
    1% dungeons

This results in 160opa, 100dpa, 5mtpa, 5mwpa.
    54opa is sendable with 100dpa at home, 118opa is sendable with 40dpa at home.
    Attack time on trad march is 11 hours.
    Province intakes at +18% gains and outputs at -48% gains.
    Province has -50% combat losses in and out.

Favoritekingdom declares and sends out their opening wave but they have to readjust and get new intel due to the new buildings, signaling when to cast MP. You send a ruby dragon as they start their hits, while provinces sit online to MPbounce and pass the soldier pool around. Favoritekingdom bounces 1/3 of their opening hits, most of which are larger provinces that opened the chains. The hits that do make it through are reduced by 48%. Their activity drops off massively.

After receiving their opening war wave, the top tier provinces who bounced are targeted with an immediate second wave. This second wave is possible because of the high BE from the rebuild coupled with higher rax. All of the armies will return home before Favoritekingdoms' armies, forcing them to 1x hit again into massive defense. Favoritekingdom also used homes in their build. 15% across the kingdom. They drafted what they could and ended around 80% BE. This small increase in BE came at the cost of guardstations and rax, of which they have 15% and 10% respectively.

The BE on max drafted provs bottoms out at ~58% but will never actually get that far down. With 2 waves of incoming acres and some peasants from the hits, casting LP gets the pool bubbling again. The province, even at low BE, holds much better numbers than the homes-included provinces. The homes-included start at their maximum potential and decline from there. The max drafted provinces slowly decline in BE, which is compensated for by higher military. In the later waves of the war, peasants have returned and military dies off, so they start looking like the homes-included provinces did in their opening wave as the BE returns to compensate for the losses. You get to ride the whole parabola of province-power instead of just the downward half.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    I wouldn't exactly consider a province in havoc of absalom to be an authority on strategy. Their leader spent his entire career in the ghetto. I'm not sure how economy comes into play in war. Could you explain? It should be your goal to start the war on 3k peasants. If the other kingdom has to do it for you, your draft was too low to begin with.
    Yea but they were awesome ghettos. FREE/theHERETICS/Rapture/Insolence(before they lost any wars(all))/HOFF

Anyway everyone knows if playing in a ghetto he should restart as avian cleric, run full elites, raze all land except perhaps rax and stay on ~300 acres :)

It's a case study, not a suggested strategy. The point is, homes are bad. Rebuilding acres at the right time is better than idle homes.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

I fold - Homes are bad, not that I doubted initially but that just blew me away - a completely new level of playing for me and I'm happy to admit that after reading that lol
    Tovarishch
    Пусть ярость благородная Вскипает как волна.

#Settlers

Post Fiend
    i'd suggest this for a war build:

7% Farms
    15% TG
    10% Fort
    10% Guild
    10% Tower (ToG, enough said)
    15% Banks
    20% WT
    10% Hospitals
    3% Dungeons

run all elite defense to 50dpa, and ospec for 30opa and elites for 20opa, for total of 50opa.. increase your opa as your home sciences + honor bonus increases by time..

hospital reduces troop lost and you can easily draft and train all of them in 1 or 2 ticks.. make sure to pump to at least 2rwpa and have around 2rtpa as well.. i would suggest you to have high draft rate as well, reduce your peasant/acre to a number enough to generate enough gc to pay of wages and set science at active.. having too much peasant will easily make you a FB target..

never start hitting in a war, wait for your KD mates to make their move 1st.. high chances that you wont be the chain target at least for the first 48hours.. in an event where you are starting to receive land hits, possibly being chained, build all incoming acres into GS, send 1 general out and ambush all big hits with the rest of generals.. after a while, when you're near to be deep chained completely, and thats when you can go berserk and send all your elites into attacking..

Regular
    mastakizzor, some times it better to give no advice. if u are only running those numbers for tpa/wpa/opa/dpa you are food for any kingdom.

Points for no homes and high draft though! Idk why everyone stresses about BE so much. There is so much more to a province.

octobrev, find me a kingdom that does homes pumps for next age. thanks!

Do you believe?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant View Post
    mastakizzor, some times it better to give no advice. if u are only running those numbers for tpa/wpa/opa/dpa you are food for any kingdom.
    my Human hybrids KD mates never been food to anyone for 2 ages now.. those figures are achievable from the 1st week after oop, so as you pump science and stack honor bonuses throughout the age, the numbers will increase of course..

and i forgot 1 crucial thing about human with 50 opa/dpa, these guys are born hybrids.. a/t goes with 6rtpa, a/m goes with 6rwpa... no wonder it looked ****ty..

Thread Information