Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Simians waving into an active hostile

AB, stop. It is called entertainment. Let people do what is mildly diverting.

Quote Originally Posted by American Badass View Post
    I was talking to the dude moaning of bottom feeding. To me this thread is resolved and should be locked. Don't see why people are still posting about the events. It's in all this 19 pages of garbage if they can be bothered to read it.

If they can't be bothered to read it all they shouldn't post about anything.
    If you don't want people posting, don't post yourself. Let it die.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

keep on posting, dont let these people bring you down!

I am with gergnub

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel038 View Post
    a 30 mill nw kd could do whatever they wanted Palem. You cannot speak for every monarch in the top 20 rankings. Even a single wave of quad razes by the 30 mill kingdom ruins the smaller kingdom. But rather than look at a way to prevent it happening, you simply hide behind "oh they wouldn't do that anyway". which really isn't the way to look at things.
    If they're hitting into tiny ghettos, they're looking for easy gains, which means they're trying to grow, which means they don't want to waste time razing ghetto provs who do retals. There's no reason to "prevent" top kds from razekilling ghetto provs for retalling because that doesn't happen, not without some SERIOUS provocation from the ghetto, in which case they deserve it. They have SOOOO much better things to do than to screw with some no-name ghetto. If they were going to get into a conflict with a kd, it's either going to be for the sake of having a good fun war or trying to farm out some bad kd that's grown way too big. Oh and let's not forget the fact that if top kds were razekilling ghettos for basically no reason, someone would be on here complaining about it and drawing attention to the matter, which is going to shine a bad light on the top kd doing the razekilling, which really no kds wants.

But I'll tell you what, if you can give me 5 examples of ghetto provs who fairly retalled a top kd bottomfeeding on them and were razekilled from it that happened in the last 10 ages (Once every 2 ages shouldn't be too hard to muster since this happens all the time and it's a serious issue), I'll go ahead and concede that you're much more knowledgeable on the topic than I am.

Just ignore him Palem, everyone can see he has no idea what he's talking about. He's off topic anyway, at least Simians is entertaining, this is just nubery.
    S E C R E T S

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Not relevant to this situation. No one has razed down, no one is being bottom fed, no one even mentioned it until someone who hadn't read the thread started discussing it.
    Actually you might want to read back Bishop. It was explained to me that at least one third of the issue being discussed was because of a much larger kingdom attacking a much smaller one. I merely commented that such an issue could be addressed by the devs if they chose to by tweaking the bottom feed protection formula. If you think that's an unreasonable solution to kingdoms b**ching about being hit by larger kingdoms (which I know you do).. then it shows that you favour the ability for such kingdoms to use such tactics. End of discussion :)

The explanation is wrong. Gains aren't an issue.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    If they're hitting into tiny ghettos, they're looking for easy gains, which means they're trying to grow, which means they don't want to waste time razing ghetto provs who do retals. There's no reason to "prevent" top kds from razekilling ghetto provs for retalling because that doesn't happen, not without some SERIOUS provocation from the ghetto, in which case they deserve it. They have SOOOO much better things to do than to screw with some no-name ghetto. If they were going to get into a conflict with a kd, it's either going to be for the sake of having a good fun war or trying to farm out some bad kd that's grown way too big. Oh and let's not forget the fact that if top kds were razekilling ghettos for basically no reason, someone would be on here complaining about it and drawing attention to the matter, which is going to shine a bad light on the top kd doing the razekilling, which really no kds wants.

But I'll tell you what, if you can give me 5 examples of ghetto provs who fairly retalled a top kd bottomfeeding on them and were razekilled from it that happened in the last 10 ages (Once every 2 ages shouldn't be too hard to muster since this happens all the time and it's a serious issue), I'll go ahead and concede that you're much more knowledgeable on the topic than I am.
    The number 1 reason that most new players don't become long term players is an unpleasant game experience. Being fed on by massive kingdoms and then being told "Deal with it, it's how the game works" is a deterrent to any new player to continue playing. Now forgive me for thinking that the aim of the developers was to grow the player base so that they can actually make money from this game. But I would have thought that S&B should be doing everything in their power to try and encourage new players and to keep them here. Let the top kingdoms fight among themselves..and let the new guys in the 6 province kingdoms have a fair crack at the game and at least get involved in the community/invited to larger kingdoms etc before they get totally disheartened by "the establishment" who have had many years of utilising the game mechanics to best advantage.

I do like how all three mods have jumped in to defend this point... The ladies do protest too much methinks ;)

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    Just ignore him Palem, everyone can see he has no idea what he's talking about. He's off topic anyway, at least Simians is entertaining, this is just nubery.
    The word is nubbery you poor illiterate person. And are off topic posts against the rules?.. or is it just some "unspoken rule" that one shall not attempt to improve the game for new players and will instead bow down to the mighty green coated mods who are quite happy being able to abuse the mechanics? Don't answer.. the question is rhetorical.. much like the prepared responses that you and your fellow mods keep spouting.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel038 View Post
    The number 1 reason that most new players don't become long term players is an unpleasant game experience. Being fed on by massive kingdoms and then being told "Deal with it, it's how the game works" is a deterrent to any new player to continue playing. Now forgive me for thinking that the aim of the developers was to grow the player base so that they can actually make money from this game. But I would have thought that S&B should be doing everything in their power to try and encourage new players and to keep them here. Let the top kingdoms fight among themselves..and let the new guys in the 6 province kingdoms have a fair crack at the game and at least get involved in the community/invited to larger kingdoms etc before they get totally disheartened by "the establishment" who have had many years of utilising the game mechanics to best advantage.
    Yep, because everyone knows I'm the most l33t player in the history of utopia and have had a stranglehold on the game since age 20 lol

The fact that you think "Deal with it, that's how the game works" is the correct response is ridiculous. The correct response is retal and then they'll leave you alone and keep looking for safe acres elsehwere. However, people like you get into ghettos, tell the new guys that if they retal, they're going to get razekilled and scare them off.

So...who's really doing more damage to the player base?

I've had enough of this, come back tomorrow and try again.
    S E C R E T S

I love that this thread is like 20 pages long now..=D
    "The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." Terry Pratchett.

Postaholic
    knbg should be symmetrical. then it could be stronger without being "overpowered".

Forum Fanatic
    Can I just ask a legitimate question: if Anri agreed to the CF under the assumption that Dharan was temporarily refraining from talking a bunch of ****, or would stop after the CF, and then he didn't stop... I mean, doesn't that in some ways invalidate the CF? Does someone agreeing to a cf give you free reign to say whatever you want and risk no payback?

Just seriously, I mean if Anri says "okay fine, we won't interfere in your hostile," and then you continue talking **** about him and his kingdom in public and banning his kd from the channel, do you really think it's reasonable to assume his statement will hold? Maybe he said it, sure, but then you ran your mouth a bunch. You're entitled to your opinion of simians, and to some extent aren't they entitled to get you back for insulting them?

”Words are wind, even words like love and peace.”
    - Daenerys Targaryen

Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    Can I just ask a legitimate question: if Anri agreed to the CF under the assumption that Dharan was temporarily refraining from talking a bunch of ****, or would stop after the CF, and then he didn't stop... I mean, doesn't that in some ways invalidate the CF? Does someone agreeing to a cf give you free reign to say whatever you want and risk no payback?

Just seriously, I mean if Anri says "okay fine, we won't interfere in your hostile," and then you continue talking **** about him and his kingdom in public and banning his kd from the channel, do you really think it's reasonable to assume his statement will hold? Maybe he said it, sure, but then you ran your mouth a bunch. You're entitled to your opinion of simians, and to some extent aren't they entitled to get you back for insulting them?

?Words are wind, even words like love and peace.?
    - Daenerys Targaryen
    Typically speaking trash-talk isn't justification to break a CF and double-hostile somebody. Otherwise double-hostiles would be ridiculously common, don't you think? It's also important to note that Dharan was initially arguing with somebody from Simians who was being a dumbass while Anri was trying to be diplomatic.

Also, kb'ing people from an IRC channel has never warranted a double-hostile before.

Thread Information