View Poll Results: Would you play on a new server?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

85 79.44%
  • No

22 20.56%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Server

Quote Originally Posted by flutterby View Post
    I agree with the reduced costs (less credits used) because the kingdoms aren't permanent.
    For some reason I think Bishop agreed with this too, but again I might be wrong and am imagining a conversation in my head :P
    S E C R E T S

Post Demon
    *pounds on the desk*
    DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!
    :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    *pounds on the desk*
    DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!
    :P
    And here I thought you'd be quoting Waterboy.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

i'd play for sure
    Reptar in Paris - Ball So Hard Babies Try to Find Me
    Summer 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Elitbg View Post
    Second server like old gen will be cool. I think its good if rules on second server allow ppl to have 2 provinces with few conditions:
    1. different kds
    2. different races
    3 cant hit/op/intel same target.

In old days there was many ppl run few provinces. If its different races/pers this help ppl to learn game better/faster. If its farms/multies for gbs its bad for all.
    I disagree, only one account per server should ever be allowed, it's too easy to set up a massive circle-jerking ring of farming and the more people/provs involved the easier it becomes to obfuscate this as regular randoming.

Say that Abs(I am only using Abs here because they are convenient example in that they already are an established group of ~75 people united in commonish goals) decided to play on new server as a coordinated effort, assuming they can't all play in the same kd's because of limiting the number of invites available it'd still be easy for everyone to create 1-3 farm provinces, post these on a shared forum or whatever and then everyone farms out to the main provs(and to some farms for good measure in order to obfuscate whats really going on.

Post Demon
    Also, lower kingdom limits to 20 provs per kingdom on the new server! whoo!

Even less...go 15 people per server...Make exploring costs ridiculously high so you have to war to get anywhere...
    Kuhan's idea would go into this solidly. Make a thread where people can add their name and interest to a pool, delegate x amount of captains (based on how many players are in the pool), captains take turns picking people from the pool, may the best kd win :D
    Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn
    Epic White Mage

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    No, I meant I believe Bishop was ok with having multiple provinces on the secondary server, but I don't remember where or when he said it, or I might be mistaken entirely.
    You are not mistaken.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    yes
    #Hiatus

Forum Fanatic
    I'd be interested in a server that is warring only and knockout style. Wars could be set to 96 hours with 96 hours eowcf to retrain. Remove sciences, war win bonuses, remove exploring and have a system in place so that any kd who has (+) sign gets removed and replaced with active players of the knocked out kindgoms (have the knocked out players pay 10 credits or so to rejoin the age). Also to build on the inactive side of things give monarchs the ability to replace players during eowcf with knocked out people... (remove the delete province option to stop people deleting to get invited to friends kds)

Apart from the above with something different added I wouldn't want to see another server. Make it like last kingdom standing with no age end until there is one clear winner that's killed everyone. Wars random based on current Nw/acre ratio. Also bring back a war meter with accurate an accurate acre counter from start to finish to determine the winner.

Could maybe give the kingdom that wins the age a crown next to their name and an incentive to stay as a kingdom for next age as a "prize" and try to accumulate as many crowns as possible and have a kingdom hall of fame with streaks listed... Obviously as soon as there kingdom looses they are disbanded and join random kds again the age after.
    Last edited by American Badass; 07-05-2013 at 10:28.

Post Fiend
    Gotta take into account the ~77% who voted dont really represent all the community, maybe just those with too much time on their hands and those more active ones.. theres plenty of uto peeps who just login when theyre free and not as INTO the game as those voted in forums :) and dont think 25man KDs will work there, will definitely have significantly lesser number of players there than at WoL... goodz's suggestion to lower KD size to 10-15 seems appropriate.. +1

Post Fiend
    I think the best element of genesis was meeting new people. It also puts new players with experienced players and helps the new players learn about the game.
    Last edited by knucksicus; 07-05-2013 at 10:25.

I voted no.

I banned genesis from Simians. Some players was hiding it and still played there. But there was just a few times that genesis was stealing attention from WoL server.
    People end up in two wars at the same time and all of a sudden they need to set alarms for two wars etc etc. From my personal experience it just makes WoL server a bit worse. I dont think its the way to go. Sure if Bishop like to test things on a second server it would be good ofc. I can see why he would like it and i can see why some "solo" players or people with to much time would like to play on another server. Maybe they should have a certain level of activity to even be able to play on a second server. We have those activity bars to use. Id hate it if people rather go to a new server over wol. Main account should be played on WoL. Reaching a certain level of activity could allow play on a second server maybe.

This is mostly my own perspective, for some this is a really good idea. For me its not a good idea so i vote after what i feel is best for myself. Ego <-- :P

EDIT: I also let two or three players play genesis, only for recruitment purpose. I dont think that really made genesis better. It was all about recruitment.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Also a question: Was genesis really made for the players? It was made for the devs to test things, no?
    In the end of the day it might have made things better for the players. I just want Bishop and the rest to be honest before they start something like that up.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Post Fiend
    great idea..! but steps has to be taken to ensure majority people's interest should still heavily focused on WoL servers.. the risk is if the new server is more interesting than the current WoL, people might just stick to it and abandon WoL..

Thread Information