View Poll Results: Would you play on a new server?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

85 79.44%
  • No

22 20.56%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: A New Server

Post Fiend
    So.. What happened to this idea, Palem? any news yet? Yes/No? The contest that KuHan mentioned before as well?

I used to love the old genesis. while people was testing strategies, I've been testing my new scripts :) I believe it was fun for all of us. I used to learn much about how they catch cheaters on that server :) my biggest success on genesis was to own 68% of the accounts in the whole server and they needed 3-4 days to realize that :/ maybe was going to be longer, if I wasn't trying to make script which run all these provs on different ways each group ...
    Hope they start this server again and me be able to play 3 full kds alone like the old days in wol :) maybe this time ill finally find way to make that control panel for lazy playing 40-50 provs haha
    RATTATA !!!

yep

Quote Originally Posted by TiLL View Post
    I used to love the old genesis. while people was testing strategies, I've been testing my new scripts :) I believe it was fun for all of us. I used to learn much about how they catch cheaters on that server :) my biggest success on genesis was to own 68% of the accounts in the whole server and they needed 3-4 days to realize that :/ maybe was going to be longer, if I wasn't trying to make script which run all these provs on different ways each group ...
    Hope they start this server again and me be able to play 3 full kds alone like the old days in wol :) maybe this time ill finally find way to make that control panel for lazy playing 40-50 provs haha
    Seriously, playing that many accounts was brutal. Especially when you were playing in an actually competitive kingdom.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Andr3w View Post
    So.. What happened to this idea, Palem? any news yet? Yes/No? The contest that KuHan mentioned before as well?
    I did this poll out of my own curiosity. I knew I would enjoy a second server and that a lot of others would as well and if there was enough interest that it could be a profitable investment for the devs.

I think you'd be surprised how little power I actually have around here :p

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I think you'd be surprised how little power I actually have around here :p
    Tell me something I don't already know :D

Anyway that most probably means a "no" or a "yes, but few ages later at least" huh?

A lot of the infrastructure upgrades recently has been to enable an additional server. Its not planned for next age though, i don't think there is a timeline at all right now.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Forum Addict
    Yes give us cute servers!

i would more then likely play on gen. but as some people before me stated, it would be ideal for it to be fast paced (00.30 ticks, shorter ages) and purely for testing purposes. especially for devs. you can throw in some crazy ideas and see how they work for a few weeks, then just reset and start again with fresh ones. after a few ages, the ones that seemed to be quite solid and balanced could be introduced in wol.

i dont think people would take gen too seriously if it would run like this, just a way of testing things out themselves and passing time.
    ==~ Proud Stoner ~==

would there be new moderators? if there were i definately would be down for a second server
    <Cobra> oh god I am old.. I graduated when you were born

<KaiN> respect my internet gangsta
    <KaiN> i'll bust some e-caps in yo ass

<+CrazyMatt> <3 wargodess
    <+Wargodess-away> <3 CrazyMatt

<@cypress[work]> go dream about it, thats the only way ure getting any
    ^she wants to be apart of my dreams... she's not that special :P

Servers don't have moderators.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

As a returning player where alot has changed since I last played a fast tick second server with short ages would be a great to test out new builds and meet new people. Would definitely play there, no questions asked.

Forum Addict
    make it like earth, 5min ticks.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Earth had 1 hour turns.

Earth Express had 5 minute turns and that was intense and awesome but terrible for utopia lol

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by TiLL View Post
    Its good how you admit now part from all you have done in past. You can share how Sorrow (Bamse kd-if remember kd name correct) was "hacked" long ago and disband after it :P
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Thread Information