Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: SWEA Vs ABSALOM - Braveheart Vs England and Catholic Church

Regular
    Osaze offcourse we do, we came to top 10 with a half full kingdom that hadnt played for an age - you are in top 10 with the only reason that you are an alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Oden View Post
    the only way this war can end is if we get this:
    40k acres / abs-kd
    45 mill. gc / abs-kd

VIKINGATAG I NORR OCH SODER - INGET STAR EMOT MINA VIKINGABRODER
    VIKINGATAG I OST OCH VAST - INGET BESEGRAR OSS VI AR VARST
    I am unsure why my KD would be involved in your request for peace. I believe we happily left you guys all age. We have an EoA nap with you etc. We do have a religous buff tho. Cannot recall if he is roman catholic or a different sect of christianity. :)
    My life is better then yours.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    that sounds like a cool job Stoffi. something im quite interested in.
    It's not my job though, just my education. The only place you can get a job as a linguist/sociolinguist is at a uni, and then I would have to get a PhD. So I guess I can't call myself an expert, my degree is only a Master degree in English sociolinguistics. My job is being an English, history and social sciences teacher, starting this autumn.

But yeah, linguistics/sociolinguistics is interesting.
    Last edited by stoffi; 14-05-2013 at 07:34.
    ABS vs Rangers

Regular
    Oden you're funny, you claim to be a viking, yet I bet you have never even set foot on a vikingship.
    Retired
    ~HaLL of Mankind .::. HaLL of Blackguards .::. HaLL of Heroes .::. HaLL of Knights .::. HaLL of Force~

unlike wartague who co-owns 2
    Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn
    Epic White Mage

pffft Masters

Forum Fanatic
    U teaching at a high school Stoffi?
    i was talkin to my bud Doppler the other day and he said stuff in Norway is expensive as ****

Regular
    Wartague

offcourse I have, I live not that far away from Birka!

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    U teaching at a high school Stoffi?
    i was talkin to my bud Doppler the other day and he said stuff in Norway is expensive as ****
    Yeah, starting this August.

It's expensive alright, but our salaries are also much higher, driven by the oil. In the future, though, we're screwed as we can't compete with other countries.

But the real reason why we've got money is that the vikings brought so much loot home that we still live off of it. :p Thank you, UK, France, Russia, Germany, Spain, Turkey, Italy, Morocco, Estonia, Poland, Lithuania, Portugal, Ireland, The Netherlands, Belgium and everyone else who contributed. :p

Btw, from what I know about Canada, it's quite similar to Norway. Lots of wilderness, glaciers, forests, fjords and beautiful nature. And I also hear that Canadians are quite sane. :) Actually, there's a Canadian working at the bar/club I bounce. He's new, though, haven't worked with him yet.

Btw, for anyone interested in Viking stuff and ships, take a look at this facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/277020215675452/
    Dragon Harold Fairhair

Basically, they've reconstructed the great King Harold Hairfair's old ship. 120 rowers. I believe they are sailing to America this summer, or the next. It's set in Harold Hairfair's old core area, just by Avaldsnes in Rogaland. The viking kings of old used to live there.
    Last edited by stoffi; 15-05-2013 at 07:36.
    ABS vs Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post

But the real reason why we've got money is that the vikings brought so much loot home that we still live off of it. :p Thank you, UK, France, Russia, Germany, Spain, Turkey, Italy, Morocco, Estonia, Poland, Lithuania, Portugal, Ireland, The Netherlands, Belgium and everyone else who contributed. :p
    Love it

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Oden View Post
    Wartague

offcourse I have, I live not that far away from Birka!
    That's good, can't stand people who claims to be vikings and have yet to hold a cut ax in their hands or set foot on a vikingship.
    Retired
    ~HaLL of Mankind .::. HaLL of Blackguards .::. HaLL of Heroes .::. HaLL of Knights .::. HaLL of Force~

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Yeah, starting this August.

Nah the reason you have money is because of a drunk danish politician called Per H?kkerup, who back in 1963 gave away most of the underground in the North Sea to Norway, or at least that's the popular story :P

On another note, if anyone who are interested in the viking era ever comes to Denmark, they should visit the Viking Museum in Roskilde. Most danish vikingships are replicas of the so called Skuldelev ships http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skuldelev_ships

The 2 ships I sail are Freja Byrding which is a replica of Skuldelev 3, a cargo ship which could haul around 6 tons of goods if I remember correctly and the other is Sebbe Als which is a warship, the wiki article is a little outdated as we increased the size of the sail and she now has a top speed measured at 15 knots. Sebbe Als is the oldest of the Skuldelev Replicas and was built in 1967-1969 entirely with original tools.
    Last edited by wartague; 16-05-2013 at 01:32. Reason: typo
    Retired

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by wartague View Post
    That's good, can't stand people who claims to be vikings and have yet to hold a cut ax in their hands or set foot on a vikingship.
    Well, seriously, how many of us do you think have set foot on a viking ship when there are only a few up and running?
    Last edited by stoffi; 03-06-2013 at 07:48.
    ABS vs Rangers

Regular
    stoffi <3
    16-05-2013 01:34 #88
    stoffi
    Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wartague
    Well, seriously, how many of us do you think have set foot on a viking ship when there are only a few up and running? However, give me an axe or a sword, and I'll kick your fake-HaLL arse. :) Both are fine.
    ABS vs Rangers

death and destruction to abs!

Forum Addict
    Actually, there's a viking festival this weekend at Avaldsnes, where the viking kings of old had their home. For hundreds of years, bigmen and viking kings lived there, and Harald Fairhair's vikingship, "Dragen" (the Dragon) is there as well. The largest vikingship ever built in modern times.
    ABS vs Rangers

Thread Information