Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: cakey

Hello guys, I'm Sparkling Champagne from "TSB"
    Interesting post, may I join the conversation? :)

I won't talk about justice, since each side has it's own vision of the things that happened, and they strongly believe in that. As always, people have their own reasons and motives to do the things that they do, and nobody can blame them for that.

I'll make a generalization of events so that you guys don't start falling asleep while reading. But still, it's not a small post.
    After cf we asked 3 kingdoms for war. (We sent messages)
    Somehow "Cakey Cakey" accepted our proposal, was it through a reply message or through a hit, I don't remember.
    We were prepared to war, so we started actions as well as they did.
    We understood that we have a problem, this is the first kingdom that doesn't push the button, but wants to draw on hostilities.
    We attacked further hoping that they will push the button someday soon. But our hopes were in vain.
    We stopped attacking, entered fortified stance hoping for them to give us the button or declare eventually. None of that happened.
    Eventually we understood that we'll lose the war and we're loosing too much time with this kingdom, but we couldn't do much.
    With luck on our side, we found another kingdom in the same situation as us, "hostile stfo" that were harassed by "Frog Punchers". So we arranged a war with them.
    After entering war, we started to get hit by "Cakey Cakey", I guess that the same goes for "hostile stfo" that are still hit by "Frog Punchers", but I don't know this for sure.

Ok. Now some details about all these events. From the time that we started actions with "Cakey Cakey" till we entered war with another kingdom passed 8 days.
    We are still a young kingdom and some of us didn't know about the 200 hostility points ceiling. So we thought that hitting in them would be futile, this is why we stopped hitting into "Cakey Cakey", and entered fortified since we were getting badly OP'ed on. The reason is that "Cakey Cakey" are more focused on T/M's, while we are more focused on attackers. Please keep in mind that 3 of our faeries, aren't real T/M, they have sage personality.
    One funny thing I want to say is that, the current "hostility" mechanics aren't good enough..

Unfriendly: Unlocks certain ( Unfriendly / Hostile / War ) spells and thievery operations to opposite Kingdom
    Hostile: +10% Combat Gains; Increases the Networth Range of the Conquest Attack; Mana & Stealth costs for offensive spells/ops reduced to 2%; Opens almost all the magic/thievery operations;
    Below the cap, only the kingdom with the lower hostility points may declare war; The Hostile Meter is capped at 200 points; If both Kingdoms reach the cap, then both Kingdoms will have the option to declare war; If there is a disparity between the two Kingdoms' hostility point totals greater than 100, then gains on attacks will be reduced;

So let's review.. What does hostile give to more attacker heavy kingdoms? 10% combat gains? Really? But this bonus is given to both kingdoms. As long as one kingdom keeps their hostility points lower than the opposing kingdom, everything will be fine. But on the other hand 2% mana/stealth is given to the T/M heavy kingdom.. Hail to the gods, what else does such a kingdom need? :) We all know that T/M's are provinces that deal damage over time. Give them enough time and you'll weaken any kingdom, and not only weaken, disable it completely, since a kingdom can't do anything if it's half-ready for war. And by the way, attackers don't get any time-travel bonuses in hostile, I bet T/M's are happy :) As I understand both kingdoms need to reach 200 hostility points so that they automatically enter war? But hey, did you know that there is a 16% (16.3% or 16.6% don't remember) decay on those points? So, if you have 150 hostility points, the decay will be 24 points in 24 hours, that's 12 hits, and taking into consideration the fact that your armies return slow, it's very hard to reach those 200 points, but hey a kingdom focused on T/M's would even benefit, since all their attackers can attack without even reaching those 200 points... Very nice.. The idea is that a smart kingdom can draw out the hostilities so much, that you can keep a kingdom on it's knees for a very long time.. Say 2 weeks, 4 or more, depending on what you want to do :) So, as you understand, it's enough to have a few more T/M's, say 2-3, the more the better, and by drawing out hostilities, you'll have the upper hand when war starts. Fantastic, this is something only a smart kingdom can see. But not everybody would use, since it requires quite some time..

Who would like to go hostile with a kingdom that wars with you 1 or 2 weeks before even war starts? We're a fast paced kingdom, we don't have time for kingdoms that use poor game mechanics to win a war. But in any case, we can't say anything about it, since even though it's wrong, they did use the game mechanics fair and square, so we had to obey to the game rules.
    We are a honest kingdom, we don't set-up wars, we didn't ask any kingdom for help, even if we didn't like the situation, and we would have gone to war with "Cakey Cakey" because we wouldn't have a choice.

BUT!!!! They made a miscalculation, LOL :) Thank God for "not so good" game mechanics, but this time, it was our luck.. When we stopped to make hits on them, the hostility points on our side was 60 and on their side, since they are VERY VERY SMART and BADASS guys 58... What do you know, just enough to have the button on their side. And what do you think? :) After the decay it was 50/50.. HAHAH, can you believe it ? A week of hard work, operations, carefully attacking, and in the end they CAN'T DECLARE? Now, doesn't this smell greedy? :) Why not leave 2 attacks behind guys? You would surely have your plans put into action then.

When we understood that they can't make the next step, we decided to find war with another kingdom, we were in luck, and soon war started, but what do you know, after more than 3-4 days of no hits from "Cakey Cakey", they finally started to hit in us? When we're at war? Really?

While we were searching for ways to get "Cakey Cakey" off our back, I was talking to their king, and told him that they can take the acres and we would like to end this situation, but even after 7 days of "weakening", they were still afraid to give us the button, this is why they didn't hit. LoL ) I can't say that we would have lost 100% if they hit and we started war, but they had a ton of chances to win, after a week of operations on us, since our T/M's weren't doing as good as a job as their T/M's :) Some were disabled, some were doing nothing, since we were searching for ways to get away from "Cakey Cakey".

Now I want to ask. Is there anything that the administration can do to stop the hits of "Cakey Cakey"? Since as I understand, it's unfair to attack into someone's war?

And for the guys from "Cakey Cakey", more to their king really. You guys can chew on your nails and fingers because of your anger all you want. I already wrote this, but I'll write it once more. It's not our fault that you made a mistake, a miscalculation. I'm really happy that you attack into us, since this feeds us with joy, we can't stop laughing at what a perfect plan you destroyed by your hand, how much time lost in vain, sad, guys, very sad. But every action has reaction. We made a mistake once, but we don't make it twice, remember it well. And I told you guys that WE WON'T WAR YOU! And that happened.. Wishing both kingdoms luck in next age, hopefully some game mechanics will change...
    Last edited by Cybersnake; 12-05-2013 at 14:47.

Post Fiend
    There was no miscalculation or anger from the side of Cake, don't worry so much. We really couldn't care less about the outcome to this point, and we were aware of how the decay works on hostile points. I think you need to check your facts on a few claims too.

No amount of childish name calling will change the fact that you picked a fight with a kingdom who outplayed you, then ran away without making any attempt to resolve the situation first.

No CF has been offered to Cake at this time.

EDIT: In the interest of full disclosure, I am the monarch of Cake, and the thread starter is the monarch of a friendly kingdom to TSB who have assisted them throughout their hostile with intel and PF.
    Last edited by Spikey; 12-05-2013 at 10:21.
    Hi Spike,
    Thanks for your message - as you know we do our very best to minimise any
    mental anguish suffered as a result of playing Utopia.

Regards,
    Simon Shirlow
    Communuity Manager

--------------
    I miss Jolt....

Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    ghettos gonna ghetto. aint no place and time for this useless dribble on these forums
    Tru Dat
    Blowing down homes since 2005
    Group Forum Trolling is a wonderful Kingdom bonding Activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    TSB asked for outside hits against cake.
    TSB chose to disrespect hostile by running away.
    Why would cake respect that?

Side note: GJ @ Cake for learning the power of hostile.... Almost worth of a head pat
    don't encourage the dirtbags

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    We really couldn't care less about the outcome to this point,
    he spikey is it "we couldn't care less in which you are actually in capable of less caring? or should it be 'we could care less' which as far as i can tell is more commonly used sarcastic version implying that maybe you could care less but nah you couldn't"

"Ghettos gonna ghetto" i need to disappear before Bishop creates a reason to ban me for this week

I have seen your reply king of x:x.. I just want to see more comments on the matter, and I would like to see the answer to my question. I will surely reply to you after.
    Last edited by Palem; 14-05-2013 at 03:08.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybersnake View Post
    Hello guys, I'm Sparkling Champagne from xx

I won't talk about justice, since each side has it's own vision of the things that happened, and they strongly believe in that. As always, people have their own reasons and motives to do the things that they do, and nobody can blame them for that.

I'll make a generalization of events so that you guys don't start falling asleep while reading. But still, it's not a small post.
    Somehow xx accepted our proposal, was it through a reply message or through a hit, I don't remember.
    We understood that we have a problem, this is the first kingdom that doesn't push the button, but wants to draw on hostilities.
    We attacked further hoping that they will push the button someday soon. But our hopes were in vain.
    We stopped attacking, entered fortified stance hoping for them to give us the button or declare eventually. None of that happened.
    Eventually we understood that we'll lose the war and we're loosing too much time with this kingdom, but we couldn't do much.
    With luck on our side, we found another kingdom in the same situation as us, xx that were harassed by xx. So we arranged a war with them.
    After entering war, we started to get hit by xx, I guess that the same goes for that are still hit by xx, but I don't know this for sure.

Ok. Now some details about all these events. From the time that we started actions with xx till we entered war with another kingdom passed 8 days.
    We are still a young kingdom and some of us didn't know about the 200 hostility points ceiling. So we thought that hitting in them would be futile, this is why we stopped hitting into xx, and entered fortified since we were getting badly OP'ed on. The reason is that xx are more focused on T/M's, while we are more focused on attackers. Please keep in mind that 3 of our faeries, aren't real T/M, they have sage personality.
    One funny thing I want to say is that, the current "hostility" mechanics aren't good enough..

Unfriendly: Unlocks certain ( Unfriendly / Hostile / War ) spells and thievery operations to opposite Kingdom
    Hostile: +10% Combat Gains; Increases the Networth Range of the Conquest Attack; Mana & Stealth costs for offensive spells/ops reduced to 2%; Opens almost all the magic/thievery operations;
    Below the cap, only the kingdom with the lower hostility points may declare war; The Hostile Meter is capped at 200 points; If both Kingdoms reach the cap, then both Kingdoms will have the option to declare war; If there is a disparity between the two Kingdoms' hostility point totals greater than 100, then gains on attacks will be reduced;

So let's review.. What does hostile give to more attacker heavy kingdoms? 10% combat gains? Really? But this bonus is given to both kingdoms. As long as one kingdom keeps their hostility points lower than the opposing kingdom, everything will be fine. But on the other hand 2% mana/stealth is given to the T/M heavy kingdom.. Hail to the gods, what else does such a kingdom need? :) We all know that T/M's are provinces that deal damage over time. Give them enough time and you'll weaken any kingdom, and not only weaken, disable it completely, since a kingdom can't do anything if it's half-ready for war. And by the way, attackers don't get any time-travel bonuses in hostile, I bet T/M's are happy :) As I understand both kingdoms need to reach 200 hostility points so that they automatically enter war? But hey, did you know that there is a 16% (16.3% or 16.6% don't remember) decay on those points? So, if you have 150 hostility points, the decay will be 24 points in 24 hours, that's 12 hits, and taking into consideration the fact that your armies return slow, it's very hard to reach those 200 points, but hey a kingdom focused on T/M's would even benefit, since all their attackers can attack without even reaching those 200 points... Very nice.. The idea is that a smart kingdom can draw out the hostilities so much, that you can keep a kingdom on it's knees for a very long time.. Say 2 weeks, 4 or more, depending on what you want to do :) So, as you understand, it's enough to have a few more T/M's, say 2-3, the more the better, and by drawing out hostilities, you'll have the upper hand when war starts. Fantastic, this is something only a smart kingdom can see. But not everybody would use, since it requires quite some time..

Who would like to go hostile with a kingdom that wars with you 1 or 2 weeks before even war starts? We're a fast paced kingdom, we don't have time for kingdoms that use poor game mechanics to win a war. But in any case, we can't say anything about it, since even though it's wrong, they did use the game mechanics fair and square, so we had to obey to the game rules.
    We are a honest kingdom, we don't set-up wars, we didn't ask any kingdom for help, even if we didn't like the situation, and we would have gone to war with xx because we wouldn't have a choice.

BUT!!!! They made a miscalculation, LOL :) Thank God for "not so good" game mechanics, but this time, it was our luck.. When we stopped to make hits on them, the hostility points on our side was 60 and on their side, since they are VERY VERY SMART and BADASS guys 58... What do you know, just enough to have the button on their side. And what do you think? :) After the decay it was 50/50.. HAHAH, can you believe it ? A week of hard work, operations, carefully attacking, and in the end they CAN'T DECLARE? Now, doesn't this smell greedy? :) Why not leave 2 attacks behind guys? You would surely have your plans put into action then.

When we understood that they can't make the next step, we decided to find war with another kingdom, we were in luck, and soon war started, but what do you know, after more than 3-4 days of no hits from xx, they finally started to hit in us? When we're at war? Really?

While we were searching for ways to get xx off our back, I was talking to their king, and told him that they can take the acres and we would like to end this situation, but even after 7 days of "weakening", they were still afraid to give us the button, this is why they didn't hit. LoL ) I can't say that we would have lost 100% if they hit and we started war, but they had a ton of chances to win, after a week of operations on us, since our T/M's weren't doing as good as a job as their T/M's :) Some were disabled, some were doing nothing, since we were searching for ways to get away from x:x

Now I want to ask. Is there anything that the administration can do to stop the hits of xx? Since as I understand, it's unfair to attack into someone's war?

And for the guys from xx, more to their king really. You guys can chew on your nails and fingers because of your anger all you want. I already wrote this, but I'll write it once more. It's not our fault that you made a mistake, a miscalculation. I'm really happy that you attack into us, since this feeds us with joy, we can't stop laughing at what a perfect plan you destroyed by your hand, how much time lost in vain, sad, guys, very sad. But every action has reaction. We made a mistake once, but we don't make it twice, remember it well. And I told you guys that WE WON'T WAR YOU! And that happened.. Wishing both kingdoms luck in next age, hopefully some game mechanics will change...
    I think this post shows what we have been dealing with:

poor grasp of mechanics, blaming the game instead of their own inability to adapt, pleading to other kingdoms to interfere.

in the end, your allies starting up this thread has worked against you.

No one can take you seriously after that post.

/thread
    Last edited by Palem; 14-05-2013 at 03:10. Reason: we should just end thread so no one has to bother reading this crap

might want to remove all locations in your post guys. Before moderators warns/bans you.
    Just saying! :)
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Kingdom xx attacked into kingdom xx and kingdom xx was confused? That's quite funny I think :)

Kingdom xx attacked into kingdom xx and kingdom xx was confused? That's quite funny I think :)
    Not my rules nor the one to enforce them. You can use KD names instead. ;-)
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Post Fiend
    who are these kingdoms.
    #Hiatus

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by LightNing View Post
    who are these kingdoms.
    Just a couple of ghettos.
    Hi Spike,
    Thanks for your message - as you know we do our very best to minimise any
    mental anguish suffered as a result of playing Utopia.

Regards,
    Simon Shirlow
    Communuity Manager

--------------
    I miss Jolt....

As I said, I'd reply to you king of "Cakey Cakey", since I can't use the kd number ))

This thread is made to draw attention of administration and to clear some things out. I still haven't seen a response to:
    Does the administration have anything to do with such actions as, attacking into a kingdom that is at war, on purpose? I'd really like to know this guys :)

Now then, about being helped out by other kingdoms.. We have enough thieves to intel any kingdom from top to bottom every hour. So we don't need help from other kingdoms with that :)

And I don't like to repeat myself, but for people that don't read long posts and comment anyway, here you go:

"We are a honest kingdom, we don't set-up wars, we didn't ask any kingdom for help, even if we didn't like the situation, and we would have gone to war with Cakey Cakey because we wouldn't have a choice. "

So please, no more things like "they got help from other kingdoms", talk in facts not insinuations.

And on the theme of "running away". Will anyone call a winner "a lowly runaway"? If you win the fight, you're the person that tactically retreated, to run away means to do tricky, low actions to cancel some unwanted consequences. And by the way, we didn't run away from anyone, if you'll read my post, maybe people will understand that it was Cakey's fault that they didn't war in the end? Any supporters here? Since it's like people don't read that part in my post..

And yes, this thread had to be started by me. But since we can't control everything in our lives, it was started by our friend. And I'm really happy about that, since it put a smile on my face :) I don't think that I have more things to say here, and I would like to retreat from this thread :) But surely, if people want to discuss this further, I'll just be glad. Again, good day to everyone )

EDITED:
    Oh yes, another thing.
    "poor grasp of mechanics, blaming the game instead of their own inability to adapt, pleading to other kingdoms to interfere."
    I'll let you adapt to a 2 week siege without chance to win in the end, only because you're more attacker heavy. K bro? No offense :D
    Last edited by Cybersnake; 12-05-2013 at 14:15.

Forum Fanatic
    i think its a bit overly harsh to say they are just straight up ghettos. Cakey is in 10th place...
    Also cybersnake bro edit your post or you're gonna get a warning lol.

Forum Addict
    Let's not go calling them an "ally kingdom" of TSB --- at 12 provinces, they are nothing more than a farm kingdom for TSB, probably run by a multi of a player in TSB, or a player who doesn't care about the game and is just playing to control a smaller kingdom for TSB's personal use. Gosh, someone should bring this to the admins attentions ;)

Also,

Hello guys, I'm Sparkling Champagne from xxx

Somehow xxx accepted our proposal, was it through a reply message or through a hit, I don't remember.
    It seems that all your monarch had to do was ask if Cake had any intentions of pushing the button. If the monarch of Cake said "Yes we do" then you find a way to adapt and follow through with your war commitment. You don't ignore diplomacy and just run when you can't figure out what to do next. Your big mistake, again I state, is that you continued to advertise "Hostile with Cake" in your kingdom name well into your Fortified stance.

Your monarch played this one wrong, plain and simple.

With luck on our side, we found another kingdom in the same situation as us, xxx that were harassed by xxx. So we arranged a war with them.
    I'm sorry, did I understand you correctly? Are you saying you arranged a fake war with a much smaller kingdom to benefit from war protection because you realized you couldn't win against a target that you offered a war to in the first place? I'm sure you know how frowned upon that is by the admins.

Would love to see their input on this one. :)
    Last edited by Verminator; 12-05-2013 at 14:33.

Thread Information