Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: cakey

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrystal Palace View Post
    The kd that TSB is in war with right now is not an easy opponent.
    Not for someone on equal footing, sure. But TSB was 3 million nw and 30k acres larger when they arranged the war with this other kingdom. That in itself is a pretty good head start on any war effort, don't kid yourself.

you guys also opped them for awhile. don't underestimate the dudes TSB are warring. 3mil bigger and I still wouldn't have put my money on TSB. no offense to TSB. I just been watching "hostile stfo" since mid age.

*edit* I am a nub though. so I don't really know to much. all I know hitting into someones war is wrong.
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

Post Fiend
    I don't know why so many people are saying we'd be angry. We're pretty amused by the whole thing, mostly.

For the record, I have no qualms with the 3rd kingdom in this engagement, they just did what was good for their kingdom. A sensible choice for any good monarch.

This thread is a constant source of amusement for me now. Post on my friends.
    Hi Spike,
    Thanks for your message - as you know we do our very best to minimise any
    mental anguish suffered as a result of playing Utopia.

Regards,
    Simon Shirlow
    Communuity Manager

--------------
    I miss Jolt....

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Alazne View Post
    They had that opportunity but didn't use it.
    Incorrect. TSB hasn't even ended the war they fled into yet. The opportunity would have taken too long to come around. ;)

I don't know these kingdoms and have not seen papers
    So why are you making definitive statements? Get facts first or limit yourself to opinions, not "understandings of how things went" like they are fact.

Again, I can't be sure, but the bullies to me look Verminator and his kingdom: they entered into a state of rage when the others could escape from warring them, and started attacking them non-stop even into a foreign war
    Incorrect. (again.) There was no rage, there were no non-stop attacks. The warning was given loud and clear to TSB; if you flee the war you committed to with us, we will farm your acres.

The non-stop attacks only came once the "foreign war" began, to fulfill the warning. The attacks only lasted until war protection took full effect, long enough to take the acres that Cake needed to get back from TSB, since TSB took a lot of land from Cake in the Hostile period.

(when they at first had the war button and could have just warred them!).
    That was the plan. It wasn't fast enough for TSB however, but the monarch of TSB communicated very poorly and kept Cake on the line with expectations of war, only to be hung up on without explanation.

Welcome to the power of the Hostile period. I wish more kingdoms would respect it, learn how to adapt to it and use it to their advantage.

Verminator. Please be our advisor next time, maybe you'll approve of what we did?

One more thing guys, you all look only at the acre side difference between kingdoms.. Yes, we were bigger in acres than the kingdom that we're warring, but we were close in NW, that's the most important thing, I think we were 1 - 2 million apart (don't remember the true numbers), + - So, that's in no case a big difference, you can have tons of acres and be as land fat as you want, but acres don't always dictate the outcome of a war.

And by the way, haven't we been so lucky, we were already planning to intra-kd hit, or ask bigger kingdoms to hit in us, so that we could get smaller and get away from "Cakey Cakey" siege.. They had their chance, we didn't like to lose time.. It's called strategy. We would never enter a losing war if we weren't forced into it. But point the finger to a person that would?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybersnake View Post
    Verminator. Please be our advisor next time, maybe you'll approve of what we did?

One more thing guys, you all look only at the acre side difference between kingdoms.. Yes, we were bigger in acres than the kingdom that we're warring, but we were close in NW, that's the most important thing, I think we were 1 - 2 million apart (don't remember the true numbers), + - So, that's in no case a big difference, you can have tons of acres and be as land fat as you want, but acres don't always dictate the outcome of a war.

And by the way, haven't we been so lucky, we were already planning to intra-kd hit, or ask bigger kingdoms to hit in us, so that we could get smaller and get away from "Cakey Cakey" siege.. They had their chance, we didn't like to lose time.. It's called strategy. We would never enter a losing war if we weren't forced into it. But point the finger to a person that would?
    It is funny that you waved us being 1.2M bigger (nothing really) and expected us to push button right away. However when we were 400k nw bigger than you, you couldn't possibly war us anymore due to having such a big lead over you.

For the record, when this happened TSB approached me and said they wont war unless we allow them to re-pump their acres. I guess everyone can imagine the response they would get to such an odd request. Unfortunately for TSB, they weren't in a position to negotiate that due to playing the hostile very poorly.

At the end of the day, TSB isn't as land-fat, and has a war. Cakey got some acres from them - not as much as farming them in war, but theres no need to be picky. Hopefully a lesson is learnt on diplomacy, though I doubt it.
    Hi Spike,

Regards,
    Simon Shirlow
    Communuity Manager

--------------
    I miss Jolt....

Spikey, please obtain from ruining TSB kingdom image by playing with words. If you want all our messages to be made public, let it rip, I'm only for this. If not, well, I already asked what I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    There's a lot of value in hostile, but hostile for the sake of hostile is just a bad move.
    That depends... on the strat, on the races... etc. So it's not ALWAYS just a bad move.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybersnake View Post
    Spikey, please obtain from ruining TSB kingdom image by playing with words. If you want all our messages to be made public, let it rip, I'm only for this. If not, well, I already asked what I wanted.
    I guess if you're ashamed of your messages you shouldn't be sending them?

Or maybe you should practice what you preach. It was your friends who made this thread, you posted an edited series of events with just enough elements removed and obscured to try and gather public support against my kingdom. You then go on to insinuate my kingdom is acting outside the rules of the game by inviting administrative action against us.

Now you turn around and ask me to not make public the facts you chose to leave out of your own summary? Classy :)
    Hi Spike,

Regards,
    Simon Shirlow
    Communuity Manager

--------------
    I miss Jolt....

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by flutterby View Post
    That depends... on the strat, on the races... etc. So it's not ALWAYS just a bad move.
    You might want to read that post you quoted again. It clearly states that there is value in hostile. The actions described in this thread also indicate my knowledge of that fact. The comment then goes on to state that extending hostile when its not to your advantage is a bad move. It can also be seen as suspicious and ruin relations between kingdoms

Either way +1 post count I guess?
    Hi Spike,

Regards,
    Simon Shirlow
    Communuity Manager

--------------
    I miss Jolt....

Spikey, I'm always talking facts, please point where I have obscured anything, or even worse, lied? And a question.. Can you read? Since I am the one that's telling you to make our messages public if you are ok with that. My God, what will people do, just to be on the bright side. And yes, I have edited my posts, just because I've made some typing mistakes here and there, and even broke some rules by specifying kingdom names? Any problems with that?

yeah running from a hostile into another war will get you hit into that war nothing to see here folks
    Reptar in Paris - Ball So Hard Babies Try to Find Me
    Summer 2013

Post Fiend
    As Mods said MANY MANY times in Debauchery thread, attacking/opping another KD while theyre in war/eowcf is ALLOWED by the game mechanics and the Mods will not do anything about it AT ALL with their Mods acc to delete/freeze acc or something since it is not against the rules. It is left up to the utopia community if they want to take action against it.

But from the looks of it, doubt the community will do much about it unless the KD is somehow affiliated with TSB. Since Cake did nothing wrong to choose prolonged hostile period since they know how the game mechanics works, although the hitting into TSB war may be alil frowned on, but theres a 'fairly' legit reason for it..TSB also did a fairly right choice by choosing to arrange a war with 'hostile stfo' since both side seems to have more chances to win as compared to warring Cake/frogpunchers, but not doing CF beforehand may be alittle bad.. but dont think TSB will have an easy win over that hostile stfo as someone said earlier? or may even lose instead.

Theres nothing wrong with the game mechanics, it was known by players before the age even started. If you have anything to blame, its your own choices of how you make up your KD race/pers, or your players who control that province, or your strategy to give them the button at start and a large gap in hostile meter, as this is a strategy game :P

So I guess peeps will just leave it to them to clean up their own mess xD Mods wont do anything. Uto community most probably would not as well.

Forum Fanatic
    Imo, Cakey, stop hitting into their war. Sure they ran from u. QQ less, find another target, deal with them when war's over. Have some honor, you're in 10th place, be a bit more responsible.

Post Fiend
    How has this made it to 5 pages already when its such a simple concept?

Seeing as the talk doesn't seem to be getting anywhere, I have taken the liberty to draw a diagram instead: http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/6835/diplo.png

Can we have this added to the wiki Bishop? It seems a lot of people are confused by this concept.

EDIT:
    @tetley, read all the posts please. We aren't angry or "QQ". We're happy with the trade off
    @cybersnakey, I gave you an example in the post you responded too (didn't want you to accuse me of ignoring your last post ;0)
    Hi Spike,

Regards,
    Simon Shirlow
    Communuity Manager

--------------
    I miss Jolt....

Thread Information