Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Is there no room for diplomacy in Utopia any more?

So you admit it was a fake war.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Andr3w View Post
    Dude, from your point 2, it seems to suggest to just remove casual and inactive players from the game? people do have lives which they priorotise over game, not everyone is interested wants to standby 24/7 for the game and aim for the top, thats why theyre playing in a ghetto/semi-ghetto thats alittle inactive just to enjoy some war in a slow pace at their own time. By gaining no/minimal benefits, its as good as asking them to choose either stop playing and enjoy their real life or spend MUCH more time and effort on war -.- it will end up just making people quit and will be lesser and lesser players..

Even coming up with criterias to 'flag' a 'suspicious' war is almost impossible given the different circumstances and strategies in war..

Even just according to your example 1, where by 10-20 hits and retals made = legit. what if its just 10-20 hits on an inactive province hitting both sides, in the disguise of 'chaining'? it can be legit chain in 1 war, but fake war in another. That will flag almost 80%+- wars I guess, workload of mod/support increase = more time taken to check legitimacy of each war = player's new complain/report will go below the already HUGE pile of fake-war 'flags' and other player's complain/report = slower actions on player's email regarding bug/complains/etc = more drama in forum like this?

Dude, seriously your just raging at everything. Actions start to be taken against fake wars since few ages ago may have its own reasons? There was maybe more important stuff going on before? Another drama about another game mechanics? Theres a grow on fake wars recently? or yada yada yada.. >.>
    "dude" YOU are the ONLY person who is talking about removinganybody from the game.. i have NEVER said anybody should be removed. get over that pont and stop trying to derail a legitimate suggestion for improvement.

An the simple fact is..if you "know a fake war when you see it" then the criteria for such can obviously be quantified.. if they can be quantified, then they can be incorporated into a mechanic. What is to say that what you consider to be a fake war actually IS one, and not simply a different strategy?

So.. if your premise of chaining being legit in one war but fake in another.. then how would you.. or any moderator determine the difference between the two? How would YOU differentiate between the two?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    So you admit it was a fake war.
    not sure where you got that one from octo.. re-read my post and comeback when you realise your error

Stoffi is odd ... :)

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel038 View Post
    "dude" YOU are the ONLY person who is talking about removinganybody from the game.. i have NEVER said anybody should be removed. get over that pont and stop trying to derail a legitimate suggestion for improvement.

An the simple fact is..if you "know a fake war when you see it" then the criteria for such can obviously be quantified.. if they can be quantified, then they can be incorporated into a mechanic. What is to say that what you consider to be a fake war actually IS one, and not simply a different strategy?

So.. if your premise of chaining being legit in one war but fake in another.. then how would you.. or any moderator determine the difference between the two? How would YOU differentiate between the two?
    Sigh..if you re-read your 2nd example criteria and dont understand what I meant by it will reduce players then forget it, nvm then, not interested to try explain anymore~ Will await whats your final suggestion then. GL :) Cheers.

kestrel, you are not helping the point anymore. i do agree with andr3w here, but if you miss the point, well we are out of luck then.

this game is too complex to have quantified rules and regulations for each situation (fake war for example), that should be clear by now.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gergnub View Post
    this game is too complex
    nub, this game is easy as 1 2 3

Nubs! <3

Regular
    Read the first 5 pages and I can truly say i'm walking away from this thread with a headache.
    You people argue too much.
    :\

That statement made no sense whatsoever.
    I say that about most of what you've been posting since the Debauchery thread.

And we already have no new players at all lol
    That is not true either. I have personally brought new people into the game. On top of that a lot of old blood has been coming back.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Forum Fanatic
    Wait wait Kestrel are you still contending that your actions didn't fall under the blanket of a fake war? Rofl

Thread Information