Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there no room for diplomacy in Utopia any more?

Those who are deleted generally tend to disagree with being deleted, lol.
    S E C R E T S

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Krynn View Post
    I wish there were a way to take this to an outside forum. Again I will say, at best the deletions were over kill and uncalled for.
    Actions speak louder than words......RAZE Bishop, DHaran and Palem. Prior to that make sure you tactfully utilize diplomacy inquiring about and receiving agreement to trimming them. Or spam the email I posted previously. Either will work.

oh i DO so love these threads....
    'why are the rules not more clearly outlined'?
    well, this thread is a good example of 'why', if the rules of the game were perfectly clear as in one situation is perfectly alright but another is not, then they would not be able to twist the wording to be used to further their claim that a province/kingdom was indeed 'cheating', while allowing certain other provinces/kingdoms to do much similar/worse things and get away with them.
    'why have some provinces been deleted while others, also involved and spreading rumours while all but openly owning up to being a multi are still playing quite happily'?
    again, we only have to read this and similar threads, in this game we have 'friends with benefits', something which was claimed a good while ago but was denied and was not pushed any further, probably due to the fear of deletion many people chose not to speak up in the forums but have spoken during wars and in IRC....to be honest i am really hoping that this thread or maybe the next one concerning such matters will lead to a shake up within the higher reaches of the game.
    i will for now take only one example, a province was seen to be hitting a target, there then followed usually 2 or 3 more hits on the same province, now, we all know such things can happen but the provinces making these attacks were ALL names of cars/car related, they were ALL in full capitals and ALL bar one were the same race, following the news from kingdom to kingdom i found no less than TEN of these provinces, reporting this to the 'uto lords' at the time resulted in no action being taken at all, not even the courtesy of a reply despite this being the most blatant multi the game had ever seen .... luckily the ZEE alliance/rebellion were told of it and they took all the provs out, yes, this was a few years ago and in all honesty i cannot recall the names of the said 'uto lords' at the time, further questions as to why no action was taken from those in charge were also ignored and one has to wonder why.
    on the subject of game rules, i am fairly sure that misleading names and abusive names along with banners or names that may cause offence are also against the 'spirit of the game'.
    i feel sure a lot of people will find references to Hitler offensive as they would the word 'coons' being used as well as other banners and names bordering on racism, sexist or just plain 'adults only'..why are they all still playing?
    oh yes, i forgot my own post there for a second, because the rules are not completely clearly defined so if one person finds them offensive it does not matter, as long as those who have the say do NOT find them offensive.
    'friends with benefits'.....has to be the ONLY answer to every one of these type of threads!!!
    '...and the Meek shall inherit the earth.'
    anon 2112

Tell us what your terms were to end the war, and we can tell you why it was against the rules.
    S E C R E T S

All I would like to see is a clarification of these fake war rules and to have my province back.
    We have seen in here that you can totally mess people up in all kinds of ways that are by nature questionable and dishonorable, but have not seen any one statement that tells me how I personally broke any rules.

I mean, there is 50 hours of war here. It is posted for all to see. How is this in any way a FAKE WAR!
    Last edited by Krynn; 15-05-2013 at 18:59.
    " It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Samuel Langhorne Clemens (November 30, 1835 ? April 21, 1910)
    Dungeon Dwellers Founder est age 25 -

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    Stop using the word moderator until you learn the difference between mods and support.
    Which is why I specifically use the term "moderating team" which encompasses both in-game moderators and members of the support team who "moderate" the actions and mechanics of the game.

the point is Dharan, yourself along with Palem and Bishop are the public facing side of that team, with Bishop straddling the divide between the two "sides" to some degree. It is inevitable that any displeasure the community might have with the game and the decisions made by the "team" as a whole are going to reflect on you three guys on a level that may seem personal to you. Just as being threatened with permanent bans for daring to voice such displeasure often come across as being personal from the point of view of the players.

If one cannot tell the organ grinder that they do not like the music, then one is forced to talk to the monkey instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    It's not arbitrary. If a friend asks you to wave a kd they plan on warring that's not against the rules and neither is razekilling all 50 provs that were involved whether they're in a war or not.
    So what you're saying is. that using the game mechanics re: massacre/plunder/learn attacks to give an unfair advantage to friends is NOT against the rules, but two monarchs working to keep their kingdoms intact IS against the rules? Had this war continued for a week or more with the numbers aove, I might concede that you had a point. But if either kingdo were trying to "benefit from oow protection" as you claim, then why would the losing side have withdrawn when they did? Why would both kingdoms not have tried to extend such protection by extending the war??

People have done a really good job at avoiding saying what EXACTLY the EoW diplo deals that Krynn said were made himself actually were. I'm 99% sure that somewhere in there is what the parties were deleted for.
    And the reason for that Palem is because there was no "deal" made on either side.. One side stated that they intended to withdraw at minimum time and laid out how they planned to minimise gains for the other.. the other side then modified it's strategy to counter the first and maintain a healthy gain in the war. At no time did one side say "we will do this if you do that" and at no time did the other side say "okay.. that sounds acceptable". The diplomacy mentioned was not only in regards to the accusations of multi-hostiling that preceded the war, but also was in regards to ourselves mediating the original dispute between our opponents and the kingdom they were originally triple-hostiling. The only mention of any "deal" was made by Aus Yob in the enemy kingdom, known on here as brickwolfman.. known in IRC and his kingdom as Tony.

Bishop surely has access to all pm''s sent in-game, and if he chose to, he could examine communications between ourselves and the opposing kingdom and would indeed see that despite terms being alluded to, there was no "deal" between the two kingdoms at any time. Only in tony's twisted mind was there any agreement.

DHaran and myself aren't game mods. I'm fairly sure that the ONLY game mod who actually does play is Bishop, so any comments about ANY mods who have a bias or an in-game agenda are solely directed at Bishop.
    As i said to dharan, you guys collectively are the "face of the game" to the community. Any displeasure with decisions made are directed at the overall team. If bishop is the only one who both plays and moderates, then perhaps that structure needs modifying so that such accusations are not directed at one person by default.

My apologies. They were PM's from CrazyMatt in regards to you and your deletion. And no, posting PM's aren't against the rules.
    It isn't? oh goodie.. because I have a STACK of pm's that show bias and predjudice against individuals.. i shall look forward to posting them without fear of being deleted/banned for doing so.. I have your assurance that such actions are within accepted boundaries after all :) (Watch this space)

Raze ignoring war stance is irrelevant to the fact the kds in war are protected from kds outside of war. Raze is a weak attack that gains the attacker nothing. Do you get a lot of random razes from kds while you are out of war? War protects you from people who looking to gain from your kd in a weakened state (Which is 99% of the players in the game).
    Once again,if the aim was to utilise war status to gain protection from outside then why would the wr last just over minimum time?? why would one or both kingdoms not choose to extend the protection offered by dragging the "fakewar" out. seems a lot of effort and risk to gain just 50 hours of protection. Surely even you can see the sense in that argument?

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Krynn View Post
    All I would like to see is a clarification of these fake war rules and to have my province back.
    We have seen in here that you can totally mess people up in all kinds of ways that are by nature questionable and dishonorable, but have not seen any one statement that tells me how I personally broke any rules.

I mean, there is 50 hours of war here. It is posted for all to see. How is this in any way a FAKE WAR!
    I would imagine you used some in-game channels to discuss terms. The professional cheaters use entirely external means.

Tell us what your terms were to end the war, and we can tell you why it was against the rules.
    If you do not have them then why was I deleted?
    " It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Samuel Langhorne Clemens (November 30, 1835 ? April 21, 1910)

Seriously, I'm tired of having to explain this. Palem and I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with in-game support or admin actions. We are friggin' forum moderators, THAT'S IT. We answer questions about this kind of thing when we can, because we're familiar with the rules, as most players are. We handle people who break rules on THIS forum, not rules in the game.

Support knows why you were deleted, we do not. If you would like me to try to explain what you did wrong, you need to tell me what this suspect agreement was to end the war.
    S E C R E T S

^^^ Thats amazing... this entire conflict stems around deletion of 2 provs based on the terms a war was ended on... and you dont even know the terms??? incredible...

ive played since the single digit ages, this crap continues every age... why do u shoot yourself (mods) in the feet when trying to run a game that is struggling to survive? and you continue to ignorantly punish players who have been loyal to you for soooo long.

I dont get it

Quote Originally Posted by Baelstomrblade View Post

^^^ Thats amazing... this entire conflict stems around deletion of 2 provs based on the terms a war was ended on... and you dont even know the terms??? incredible...

ive played since the single digit ages, this crap continues every age... why do u shoot yourself (mods) in the feet when trying to run a game that is struggling to survive? and you continue to ignorantly punish players who have been loyal to you for soooo long.

I dont get it
    thank you!

*sigh* read my last post please, then come back and try again. You guys are making me lose all faith in humanity.
    S E C R E T S

Post Fiend
    I have already explained Dharan.. there WERE no "terms" to end the war.. One kingdom stated their intentions vis-a-vis withdrawing at minimum time and reclaiming acres from the top of our kingdom so we switched to taking THEIR top players down instead. and prepred for a possible last minute wave against us. for the love of all that is holy. there was no "deal" struck. That information is Tony's slant on things and what he has used to dupe you and your fellow moderators into penalising two kingdoms who have done nothing wrong!!!!

Dig into it.. get the pm's between the two kingdoms get the forum posts made during the war.. and PROVE that there was an agreement anywhere outside the mind of one multi by the name of tony. We know that no such "deal" existed which is why we are so vehement in opposing this decision.

Edit-------
    It might help you guys make more sense of this if you compare the posts made by both brickwolfman and EoTP representatives in the "hostiles in the ghetto" thread and compare them to the time such a deal was supposedly struck between us. it might help you to realise that this whole situation has been stirred up because one big headed player didn't appreciate being made to look a fool.

Quite why Tony's opinion has been given so much weight in this is something we can only speculate about. but then, as we have been threatened with a permanent game and forum ban for making any such speculations.. we are not allowed to do so. Freedom of speech and right to repy are definitely being stifled in this instance.
    Last edited by Kestrel038; 15-05-2013 at 19:28.

lol I can't see the PMs between the kingdoms, because I AM NOT GAME SUPPORT. Your vague description is insufficient for me to figure out what you guys did wrong, and I'm not going to waste my time pouring through all the stuff you've said about it because frankly you guys are ignorant and rude to the people who had nothing to do with you being deleted.
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by Baelstomrblade View Post

I dont get it

Nobody cares how long you have played, you probably lie either cause nobody can be that stupid that they havent figured it out that moderator has nothing to do with ingame issues.

Thread Information