Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there no room for diplomacy in Utopia any more?

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    Seriously, I'm tired of having to explain this. Palem and I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with in-game support or admin actions. We are friggin' forum moderators, THAT'S IT. We answer questions about this kind of thing when we can, because we're familiar with the rules, as most players are. We handle people who break rules on THIS forum, not rules in the game.

Support knows why you were deleted, we do not. If you would like me to try to explain what you did wrong, you need to tell me what this suspect agreement was to end the war.
    So, first of all, if you guys are only forum moderators and only handle forum issues, why are you even posting in this thread where clearly no forum rules are being broken? Where are they in-game mods who should be handling this issue?

Secondly, I've seen no actual evidence of anything being done wrong being posted in here. So far all I've seen is hearsay, and if IN-GAME mods are taking action based on hearsay than there is seriously something wrong with this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelstomrblade View Post
    Tell us what your terms were to end the war, and we can tell you why it was against the rules.

^^^ Thats amazing... this entire conflict stems around deletion of 2 provs based on the terms a war was ended on... and you dont even know the terms??? incredible...

ive played since the single digit ages, this crap continues every age... why do u shoot yourself (mods) in the feet when trying to run a game that is struggling to survive? and you continue to ignorantly punish players who have been loyal to you for soooo long.

I dont get it
    to be fair to dharan, he is a forum mod, not a game mod.
    i guess you were/are under the same impression as myself that the three of them are in constant contact and each knows everything the other is doing, from previous posts and comments over the years that is exactly the conclusion i have reached, or maybe this only happens when they need to team up with other 'friends with benefits'?
    who knows, we never will for sure.
    1999 november i began playing this game and apart from a couple of minor breaks i have been here all along, my problem is that i do not spam forums to 'make a name' or to get well in with mods, i read a lot and post occasionally (my join date is actually the 2nd time i joined), in that time i have noticed an incredible increase in the use of bad language and bad taste in prov/kd names some of which would never have been allowed and also an increase in keyboard warriors, little monarchs that simply cannot accept when they have lost a war and go out to cause as much mayhem as possible.
    '...and the Meek shall inherit the earth.'
    anon 2112

lol I can't see the PMs between the kingdoms, because I AM NOT GAME SUPPORT. Your vague description is insufficient for me to figure out what you guys did wrong, and I'm not going to waste my time pouring through all the stuff you've said about it because frankly you guys are ignorant and rude to the people who had nothing to do with you being deleted.

I am neither ignorant, nor have I been rude to any one.
    " It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Samuel Langhorne Clemens (November 30, 1835 ? April 21, 1910)
    Dungeon Dwellers Founder est age 25 -

Dig into it.. get the pm's between the two kingdoms get the forum posts made during the war.. and PROVE that there was an agreement anywhere outside the mind of one multi by the name of tony. We know that no such "deal" existed which is why we are so vehement in opposing this decision.
    This is what I was asking for long before this thread was made.
    " It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Samuel Langhorne Clemens (November 30, 1835 ? April 21, 1910)
    Dungeon Dwellers Founder est age 25 -

Post Fiend
    lol I can't see the PMs between the kingdoms, because I AM NOT GAME SUPPORT. Your vague description is insufficient for me to figure out what you guys did wrong, and I'm not going to waste my time pouring through all the stuff you've said about it because frankly you guys are ignorant and rude to the people who had nothing to do with you being deleted.
    Please explain how "There was no deal" is in any way vague?

I have repeated that several times now.. and it has been ignored on each and every occasion. are we really the ones being "ignorant" in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by Krynn View Post
    I am neither ignorant, nor have I been rude to any one.
    You are obviously ignorant cause you fail to grasp such simple concept as forum moderator = forum moderator. Its a pretty damn simple concept to grasp but somehow it failed you.

Quote Originally Posted by Naiva View Post
    So, first of all, if you guys are only forum moderators and only handle forum issues, why are you even posting in this thread where clearly no forum rules are being broken? Where are they in-game mods who should be handling this issue?

Secondly, I've seen no actual evidence of anything being done wrong being posted in here. So far all I've seen is hearsay, and if IN-GAME mods are taking action based on hearsay than there is seriously something wrong with this game.
    We can post where we please, the same as everyone else. I understand the rules and will try to help people when I can, so will Palem. In-game issues are handled by Support via email.

The evidence is known to Support, and it wouldn't simply be hearsay. It was stated already there were messages indicating something that was against the rules, just not what those messages were. Support generally does not divulge such information to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel038 View Post
    Please explain how "There was no deal" is in any way vague?

I have repeated that several times now.. and it has been ignored on each and every occasion. are we really the ones being "ignorant" in this case?
    Support said there was something that broke the rules, I tend to believe them over someone who is simply raging against the mods for no reason.
    Last edited by DHaran; 15-05-2013 at 19:48.
    S E C R E T S

It was not a fake war and we only held off attacks after about 30 hours. this we agreed to because of not wanting to have bad feeling in game.
    bargaining for them to take it easy on a few NEW PLAYERS
    It was a KD decision to do so, and to have our top end trimmed down to close the gaps with our smaller, newer players.
    Alright here's the deal. This war with X:XX has been agreed upon with conditions. This does NOT make this a fake war (for the utopian lords out there) as we will be fighting back, but this is how this war will go down:

2100 acres and up: You will be fed upon. I'm in this boat as well. Deal with it. They will stop once you get to around 2000. Do not retal any hits!!!

1900-2100 : this is where most of us wlll be resting. Attack if you must, but do not attack past 2100

1900 and under: You will be growing. Make sure each hit is less than 100 acres gained. This means a lot of -2s. XXXXX and I will help find you targets.

T/Ms: We will not be committing ops this war. You will mainly be in support mode. get the MVs out if called for. Aid as well.

This sucks. I know it does. Some people want to quit. We don't want anybody to quit but if you must, so be it. Anyone who is willing to tough this out will only help this kingdom grow stronger for the rest of the age and future ages as well.

Rock on.
    There was no deal?

Dharan: support is happy to go into more detail publicly to clear up any misrepresentation of facts.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

POW right in the kisser! Consider yourselves all owned.

Bishop: Yea I know, but you only ever go public when they lie about stuff or ask to talk about it publicly. You just weren't here yet :P
    Last edited by DHaran; 15-05-2013 at 19:51.
    S E C R E T S

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post
    'why are the rules not more clearly outlined'?
    It is because you CANT clearly outline it. Lets give an example. If a rule stated, if theres no attacks made every 11h in war, that means its fake war.. Then cheaters who ARE doing fake wars will just do 1 gen 1 soldier bounce every 10.9hours and claim that its still within the rules since he DID attack within 11h..? How is that..? Which peeps will say "Duhhh, give proper rules", how do you define proper? Making the time shorter or etc? Then what happens to KDs who do 25man-waves? Their troops will be out for at least 11h+-, so will that mean if the time limit cur short, they will be banned for fake war, for being over-active KD? :P There is no way to define it clearly when theres obviously so many loopholes if rules were laid out down to the numbers.

and your example of multis... lol are you sure thats multis..? what if thats a KD theme..? Having similar theme names and same spelling type is pretty normal.. So if Sanc Abs hit your prov 3x at the same tick, your reporting them as multis? Their name is pokemon related + same capital at start + most of them have the same race&pers.. so are they a full KD of multis..? (Sorry Sanc, just the first KD with theme names that I can think of :P) And personally, if I am or other peeps are going to play multi, they wont be so dumb to just create the same theme name+ same spelling+same pers..? they'll use diff name at least? even if races/pers are mostly similar...?

@Kestrel, im not getting something...if the other KD was planning to WD asap, why do they even bother to diplo with you and telling you they want to WD asap..? Dont make sense.. Unless its along the line of "Our KD lost the war, we will WD asap, so please do not or refrain from ________" (Fill in the blanks). Other than that I dont see why a KD will announce its intention to WD min time to its war opponent, when they can plan for final wave n etc to reclaim as much as they can.

Dharan comment about ignorant are rude are targetted to overall who posted in this thread.. the above quote is basically 1 example.. So I guess you prefer peeps to get back to you after few days when they have the time..? (Which by then you will have complained extremely about the game does not bother to even read what player posted). Instead of some1 to try to help clarify stuff or give some forms of reply, so that it shows they do read what you post? And do you even own these forums to decide who can/cannot post in this thread? Lawl.

Damn some people are hard to please. Either ways theyre gonna find reasons to be pissed lol.

there was NO deal for the war
    '...and the Meek shall inherit the earth.'
    anon 2112

Post Demon

If you or your kingdom were interested in only discussing things with in-game support. You came to the wrong place.

Post Fiend
    Lol from what Bishop posted, thats pretty much arranged-fake war, no..? Stay below 2100 and you wont be hit, we are not allowed retal with TM ops, not allowed to go above 2100, NOT allowed to retal any hits LOL... hmmmm?

@hoolio: does that mean what Bishop posted above is all fake...? Does he need to go through to find the war reports and see every tick which prov did attack n etc? or if any attacker prov who came online, build/train stuff and yet decided to logout without hitting DURING a war to go along with the above 'conditions of war'..?
    Last edited by Andr3w; 15-05-2013 at 19:59.

Now now Bishop, sharing facts isnt fair. But im sure it will add fuel to the conspiracy theories.

I randomed into this ghetto, coincidentally. Their forums are hilarious

Thread Information