Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Be a man press the button

Regular
    haha i was chained from 4700 acres to 263 acres within their first 2 waves which got me in the mood for some honor leeching. thanks to RK for making me a prince :)

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilClown666 View Post
    Pfft! Hah! Look who's cute? So whats the excuse now? I know every kd that acts tough just because their name sounds tough always have lame excuses for losing...
    We don't loose very often, but when we do we applaud our opponents. Too bad BoB has been by the far the least gracious winner we've ever come across. From zero posts in the war forum all war - to full out gloating and trash talking (which has now spilled over to our side who got annoyed - and full mudslinging contest is now in action sadly enough). You deserved the win, you played much better than we did - too bad you feel the need to mock, troll and generally act like puberty hit a sweet spot at the time of our withdrawal.

Why so hurt? I apologize in whatever way we may have offended you. Your trolling and attempts to aggravate us won't really work though. We're not 14 year old girls all of us you know (well, aside from Bungarm). Know that there's nothing but love for and to you and BoB to be had from Roughknecks direction. And we forgive you. For everything.

Quote Originally Posted by idiocy
    So how did RK lose? It sounded like they had made the right strategic decisions and had a huge advantage when I last looked at their kingdom pages, but I wasn't watching the game for the past few days. Details are fun...
    We lost simply because BoB played better than us.

As to how they played better;

1) They managed to kill and manage our econ in hostile already. Took us two waves before we could even fund our first drake. And never stood a chance to fund a second. Broke and with no income from war start. Our provinces were simply too overpumped. As a consequence we couldn't afford to slay drakes, nor fund any. BoB had a 1 way dragon advantage from day 2. First got slayed in 5 min, the other stayed until it flew away and got replaced.

2) We underestimated how quickly the def on our orcs would drop. And we overestimated the time-frame we had in dealing with their elves and halfers (our high off and off sustainable attackers could easily hit elves and halfers all war, UB building wasn't an issue on either side).

As a consequence we spent too many waves NM-chaining attackers. Once we turned to their elves and halfers they could easily prevent chaining by soaking up acres in huge gains on our fat and def-less orcs.

4) We overestimated the damage done by AW waves and massacres on their elves. 2 of their Elves had 4-5 WPA AWed away first two days, a third almost as much, and a fourth massacred a few times. With their strong resulting econ, and with weak FB coverage to disable rebounce, they quickly trained offence and managed to turn themselves into quad-attacking high def provinces that could easily stay alive while still doing damage to our acre bloated, low def orcs.

5) Our halfers and Elves got chained down too easily. Horrible province management on our part (4 out of 5 elves got disabled via very avoidable WPA bloating) made BoBs slow tm chains very efficient. Much more so than they should have been.

6) Heavy reliance on NM waves, in combination with tons of LL to keep our elves and halfer afloat left little mana to FB. BoB handled their econ very well though, and despite an early 20k acre advantage for us, they still generated a lot more money than we ever did.

In conclusion;

The war was lost already by day two, when we were 20k acres up and decided to keep on chaining down their high off attackers instead of turning to their halfers and elves, and after killing our ratios with huge gains. We should have WDed at min time and re-declared. We've spent 4 weeks looking for and waving for war before we warred BoB though. Figured this to be the last war of the age, and kept on going. You learn a lot more loosing a war than you ever do winning. So since we hadn't lost a war in a few ages, we had an excellent opportunity to learn our weaknesses on many levels, and since we're no chart hunters, we really didn't care about the losses in themselves, no reason to cut them short. Got to try out a few new things, and learned a lot from the war. The dragging out part sadly seems to have aggravated BoB a large deal though, for that I'm sorry.
    Last edited by Tadpole; 24-05-2013 at 09:34.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Post Fiend
    I obviously don't speak for all of BoB but I hold no ill will towards rk (though the dragging was slightly annoying). It was a Great War and some of your waves were absolutely overwhelming. Gl for in the future.

Postaholic
    In part I think we were unused to the situation of being at an advantage (or at least not at a disadvantage). Almost every war we've had the past 3 ages have been us waving into larger kingdoms with big advantages. UBs and +10-15% NW advantages at hostile start is our usual game. Now that we were actually equal in nw at the time of declaration, it was a new game we really haven't played before, or at least very rarely - we played it sloppy and managed to screw it up badly. A good learning experience though, and I'd love to rematch BoB again next age.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

BoB has proven to be a solid KD. We underestimated them aswell in our war, and we used more or less the same tactic as you did Tadpole. Seems them keeping their T/Ms alligned on very small nw makes it uninteresting to chain em, as most hitters are out of range and would have to hit too far down in nw. It would create a slow, high off needed chain. BoB rematch next age too :)
    It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Forum Addict
    Thanks for the compliments. It is our usual practice not to engage in war forum during war. U can say that we r dull, but it is our kingdom rule. Second, I just hope to change ppl opinion abt BOB ESP for last age. Whereby ppl keep talking abt us farming war wins on ghetto just to get crown. We would prefer challenging war instead. Some kingdom mates of mine are just quite straightforward and blunt . I hereby apologize on their behalf. Good war overall. Decent And respected opponent, RK.

Regular
    i got no ill feelings towards RK. was moaning about why i didnt get chained the last war and finally got my wish.
    Nataku was happy for me i got so small this war but as i am always a hero - war hero.
    Sidetrack: quitting BOB due to overweight issues.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by kurei87 View Post
    i got no ill feelings towards RK. was moaning about why i didnt get chained the last war and finally got my wish.
    Nataku was happy for me i got so small this war but as i am always a hero - war hero.
    Sidetrack: quitting BOB due to overweight issues.
    yes, he finally got chained. Relief for me but he still ended up with more land and honor than me!!!!

@Tadpole, one person in our kingdom don't speak for the majority of the kingdom. All of us have ranters in our kingdom and some don't take it very well, hence the outbursts for some of them.

@MrCurious & Tadpole, for rematches next age, please just chain feint. Thanks!

Forum Fanatic
    Funny thing was after our war (Jerks), I recall you guys said that we SHOULDN'T have engaged your elves with hits, and instead should have just focused on continuing to chain down your top attackers. It seems like we needed to trade strats w/ RK ;P

Forum Addict
    RK did actually started doing masscare on our elves with their big orcs but stopped and tm the same elf again after 2 massacre.

Odd

Forum Addict
    Not sure why also...

Thread Information