Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Dead Proets vs Melee Weapons

But why is the rum gone?
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Post Demon
    From my understanding they started the conflict generally with better co-ordination that we had. Our armies were scattered all over the place as some ppl didn't show up for war declare etc and our chains/opening plan got thrown off because of it. We also had some struggle with networth chains.

I got my prov back yesterday but have not yet actually stepped back in to help co-ord, had some other things going on. I am just getting caught up in the last 20 minutes or so. It appears that we are starting to get a good rhythm in now, but we're a couple waves behind for co-ordinated momentum. As it stands atm I'd say MW has some good advantages and it's just a challenge to see if we can face those challenges or not. The nw/land gap is closing in our favor atm, but I don't know if it will stay that way. It looks like they just killed their dragon so dragon is 1 sided atm.

Edit:
    Most recent summary (Counting their wave which just happened this tick):
    HOSTILE ONLY
    February 6 of YR13 - February 9 of YR13
    3 hours of conflict

Total Attacks Made: 3 (+539 acres)
    + + + Uniques: 1
    + + + Trad March: 3 (+539 acres)
    + + + Aid: 2 Packets
    Total Attacks Suffered: 12 (-6095 acres)
    - - - Uniques: 8
    - - - Trad March: 11 (-6095 acres)
    - - - Fails: 1 (8.33%)
    Net Exchange: -5556 acres

WAR ONLY
    February 9 of YR13 - May 2 of YR13
    65 hours of conflict

Total Attacks Made: 345 (+56898 acres)
    + + + Uniques: 77
    + + + Trad March: 268 (+55707 acres)
    + + + Conquest: 5 (+368 acres)
    + + + Ambush: 3 (+823 acres)
    + + + Learn: 66
    + + + Fails: 3 (0.86%)
    + + + Aid: 127 Packets
    Total Attacks Suffered: 222 (-54314 acres)
    - - - Uniques: 86
    - - - Trad March: 205 (-52735 acres)
    - - - Ambush: 16 (-1579 acres)
    - - - Fails: 1 (0.45%)
    Net Exchange: +2584 acres
    Last edited by Ezzerland; 21-05-2013 at 19:46.

I am eating munchies cheese fix chip mix now and wondering why this lame age wont just end...... and praying the devs roll back all this garbage that they did this age,

Regular
    Dead Proets lost a province.
    Utopia

Post Demon
    That we did. We have yet to speak to the player. He was the most recent/newest recruit to the kd.

Regular
    That sucks, its been happening to us all age as well.
    Utopia

Post Demon
    We went ahead and decided we'd try for another short war following this one since there is still enough time. So we took our acres and walked. We hope to have a rematch with you sometime MW. Good fun and good fight. GL rest of age <3

Combined hostile+war summary
    February 6 of YR13 - May 24 of YR13
    90 hours of conflict

Total Attacks Made: 468 (+78774 acres)
    + + + Uniques: 109
    + + + Trad March: 359 (+75037 acres)
    + + + Conquest: 5 (+368 acres)
    + + + Ambush: 14 (+3369 acres)
    + + + Learn: 86
    + + + Fails: 4 (0.85%)
    + + + Aid: 176 Packets
    Total Attacks Suffered: 321 (-73277 acres)
    - - - Uniques: 120
    - - - Trad March: 297 (-70361 acres)
    - - - Ambush: 22 (-2916 acres)
    - - - Fails: 2 (0.62%)
    Net Exchange: +5497 acres

all according to keikaku
    Reptar in Paris - Ball So Hard Babies Try to Find Me
    Summer 2013

Good timing on that withdraw you looked pretty dead to me with broken banks and another disaster Orc on the cards. I'm quite familiar with the maggot scavengers that dwell in your raven infested lands and I wouldn't wish them on anybody. Perhaps you ought to write a poem about Go Through.

Forum Fanatic
    Would you have still withdrawn if you had not lost the province? Sucks that.

Well played both

Regular
    Our strategy was about to shift after we were to chain your large shell orc to a long-term economy war and taking out some Elves.

Did you guys have a strategy in mind? Our t/ms were unbreakable after your orcs were gone, except by the two human banks; not sure if we had a long term strat to take out your two banks.
    Utopia

It seemed, from what I saw, that some stuff just got done out of sync up front and then there were some RL things that seemed to screw with schedules (yay end of school for people and/or their kids) but how much that made a difference... I dunno. But once things were out of sync, it was either catch a good break or take a TW....

/me shrugs.

life happens.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by American Badass View Post
    Would you have still withdrawn if you had not lost the province? Sucks that.

Well played both
    I cannot say for their part but I think the lost of their province would eventually benefit us if the war continues. Although he was lower than the mid-range, less one orc to hit our small guys mean easier for us to get them up again. We have been through this deletion/inactive thing alot this age, we feel for them :(

Our fetish for their halfer is really a choice between taking down their elves or halfers early. We had to do it before our offense crumble and NM/NS is not going to work with either of them. :)

While their banks were breakable, I think that it wasnt as straightforward as it seems. Their orcs were doing freakish gains on our small guys, and their elves were somewhat stopping our banks being banks. It was a close-call, both our econ were heavily stacked at the top. We had dragon advantage and a better hold on top but Proets still had their Elves sitting pretty and their orcs were winning the bottom battle.

Our activity wasn't great either and we had one or two consistently missing during wave or their hit times.

As metroins said, our long-term plan was to ruin Proets top economy as much as we can while helping our small guy survives (thats why less one orc on their side makes life easier :D). Cant tell if we would have succeed since your Elves were like tanks.

All in all, good clean war. Thanks for the fun guys! We will definitely meet sometime again soon:)
    Last edited by siewpau; 23-05-2013 at 02:12.

Post Demon
    I wasn't involved in the war planning for this one, so I actually don't know. From what I understand the initial plan they had got thrown off by people not showing up for declare. and then they just had a failed rhythm until the last couple of deep chain waves we got in. We timed our W/D pretty nicely. We'll definitely have to war again sometime! :)

It's worth noting we got noticed by 2 kds. One of which noticed us into our active war (quite a few hours before w/d they mentioned noticing us and then a few hours before they actually did notice us), and the other noticed us the hour or so after w/d. One kingdom is in war range, the other not even close. Guess we see how this proceeds.

@AB: I'm sure we would have yes. The decision to W/D came before the Deletion, it was just a matter of choosing when. The main logic behind the w/d was: Do we have an EoA war where we have topfeeding orcs against an econ whoring human setup, or do we end this one now and go for multiple short age-ending wars. Since we don't care about win/loss ratio and more about the fun, we decided we'd rather enjoy a couple of short wars and not one endless one.

@knucksicus: Activity wasn't really an issue during the war, that's not what sheister is saying. It's also not an excuse. I think MW would agree that our war start was horrible, but once we got in sync our last few waves we did some pretty awesome damage and got a great rhythm going. They had 2 big orcs to take down, which would have been dropped in the next 2 waves. After that all of our orcs would have been the same size, give or take, and we'd of been playing top feeding orcs vs high econ humans. We could have kept the war going for quite some time, but we still would have eventually lost. We do accept this. We look forward to finishing out the age with yet one more war, and then regrouping for next age. Live and learn <3

Regular
    I think the decision to not eoa war was a good one for both sides and your wd was timed well. Right before we gained 8-9k acres; I noticed it about 10 minutes before tick and decided to ll the big orc.

It will be fun to see who each of us wars next.
    Utopia

Thread Information