Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cats vs Legacy

Wars like this are stupid, because they involve more than just consuming as many acres as possible and thinking you've attained a victory?..
    Your words are not clear, Dear Sir, could you explain, please, why wars like this (like what precisely?) are stupid, so simpleton like me could understand?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaded View Post
    Wars like this are stupid, because they involve more than just consuming as many acres as possible and thinking you've attained a victory?..
    Shaded no one was saying that, what was implied is that due our setup/strat we can drop huge amounts of acres and still have a very real chance at winning the war. I dont think that anyone who has warred us lately would argue that we win by being more active than our opponents.
    A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeFiwYQtGp0

Any and all opinions I express are mine and mine alone and are not a reflection upon my kingdoms way of thinking

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Elurin View Post
    I'm the first to agree NoseBlood. Sillflogger expressed it well in the next age suggestion. Wars comes down to stamina in keeping up army in army out and number of T/M's instead of strategy, it's becoming really boring to war in this game anymore. The problem is the extent of changes this would require, as you would need to balance T/M's with decreasing attacker's sustain, and the devs lack game understanding to be able to do this even if they had the time.

On the bright side for Legacy they also have a lot of peasants on their elves/halfers that now started to grow. Unfortunately this growth makes them even less able to deal with our faes, and the avians off keep's decreasing..
    I think this hits the nail on the head. It has come almost to the point that most wars aren't worth fighting due to the length of time it will take and the effort involved not being proportional to the benefits.

I dislike the type of setup cats run whilst knowing still that for their purpose it is the best one they could have chosen.

I'm hoping we see a big shake-up that makes wars more interesting soon. Bring on those changes!
    Hi Spike,
    Thanks for your message - as you know we do our very best to minimise any
    mental anguish suffered as a result of playing Utopia.

Regards,
    Simon Shirlow
    Communuity Manager

--------------
    I miss Jolt....

Veteran
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...oposed-changes

^been up for 6 days or so

Your big changes to shake up wars isn't happening, better luck next age.

Post Fiend
    yes, I'm sure everyone is aware of that already. I was talking about the comment in that thread that states: " its likely that this will be the last age before a re-jig"

Hopefully next age is the last boring one for a long time. Bring on THOSE changes ;)
    Hi Spike,
    Thanks for your message - as you know we do our very best to minimise any
    mental anguish suffered as a result of playing Utopia.

Regards,
    Simon Shirlow
    Communuity Manager

--------------
    I miss Jolt....

Post Fiend
    I'm in Fs, so you should know that I don't think he who makes the most unique wins.

was more or less making fun of the guy who thinks land gained/unique = victory.

I only see two kds doing this successfully, with fs and cats being the respective kingdoms.cats copied fs setup ages ago and has been using it for quite some time now.

If the strat was easy to use we would see more people doing it.
    Last edited by Shaded; 28-05-2013 at 19:10.

Forum Addict
    I think your streaks may well be over if people know how to counter your moves. All they have to do now is aw your 3 remaining ub's and u have no chance of victory., If somehow u manage to keep them afloat u will not overturn the acres or nw deficit before age end.

News Correspondent
    AW the remaining ubs? You mean the halfer rogue prince and the two faery way out of range that are completely healthy with great econ?
    Said UBs just instant slayed the dragon legacy spent a couple of days funding. Once the emerald on legacy flies away, there will be a one sided sapphire advantage for cats which will make any further attempts of disabling our top futile

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
    AW the remaining ubs? You mean the halfer rogue prince and the two faery way out of range that are completely healthy with great econ?
    Said UBs just instant slayed the dragon legacy spent a couple of days funding. Once the emerald on legacy flies away, there will be a one sided sapphire advantage for cats which will make any further attempts of disabling our top futile
    Dreams are my reality
    The only real kind of real fantasy
    Illusions are a common thing
    I try to live in dreams
    It seems as if it's meant to be

p.s:
    May 8 of YR14 O0Silurian0O (##:##) invaded Cheezy Pidgeon Salade (##:##) and killed 5,492 people.
    May 8 of YR14 O0Silurian0O (##:##) invaded Kristen Bell (##:##) and killed 823 people.
    May 8 of YR14 __Cenoz0ic__ (##:##) invaded Unlimited Blade Works (##:##) and killed 1,834 people.
    May 8 of YR14 __Cenoz0ic__ (##:##) invaded Unlimited Blade Works (##:##) and killed 1,659 people.
    May 9 of YR14 O0Silurian0O (##:##) invaded Unlimited Blade Works (##:##) and killed 1,498 people.

And those 2 faeries and 1 halfling that can't be hit yet, will go down to the elves and halfings.. as you can see their nwpa is already dropping and Legacy nwpa on TM's is already higher than those UBs..
    By all means keep repeating your strategy while your kingdom is being picked apart.

I guess the only bright side in this war for SPGC is that the age ends in a week and they don't care if their t/ms get slaughtered..
    Normally they would have already withdrawn before their t/ms get sent back to the stone age.
    Last edited by fawk; 29-05-2013 at 02:22.

News Correspondent
    Nwa just dropped a tonne because we instant slay a dragon. Funny those elves who have been massacred a tonne still MS and cast spells with success. Gonna be even easier with a one sided saph soon. If they do magically hollow out our 3 UB t/m with ops I might be worried. But they haven't been, and I don't see it happening. With the incoming saph.

Elurin is an honorable leader, competitor and player. He will wd if he thinks the war is lost. Cats won't drag it to eoa out of spite just to deny legacy a ww, we aren't that kind of kd. But yes legacy has come a long way these last few ages. It's a good fun war and closer than nw and acre difference indicates.

Veteran
    fawk, some more humility. Mystics are able to repop a high wpa very quickly. It is unfortunate that our tiny A/T/M's are getting massed, but it would quite easy to put them back where they belong in terms of wpa and nw. The lost honor hurts, but on the bright side we as a kd gained immense amount of honor this war due to the large initial difference.

As for dropping nwpa, sending 80k specs to instant kill a drake ususally does that to you :) Last 3 days Cat's has been gaining despite hitting upwards 170% on most hits to drag down avians and get incoming with spare off. The orcs continuously increase in offense. The top avians massing have lost 300k off since the point when they started massacring down and each nado costs ~400k to rebuild. Shouldn't underestimate the economy of elf/princes with 100k peasants, but they are not going to fund drake and keep their avians afloat.

That said, show me you would be able to win if the war kept going and we will of course WD as Avalanche states. Expect you to do the same if we manage to demonstrate the same.
    Silldiest

Forum Addict
    I don't think fawk plays in either of the KD's. I might be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by fawk View Post
    Dreams are my reality
    The only real kind of real fantasy
    Illusions are a common thing
    I try to live in dreams
    It seems as if it's meant to be

p.s:
    May 8 of YR14 O0Silurian0O (##:##) invaded Cheezy Pidgeon Salade (##:##) and killed 5,492 people.
    May 8 of YR14 O0Silurian0O (##:##) invaded Kristen Bell (##:##) and killed 823 people.
    May 8 of YR14 __Cenoz0ic__ (##:##) invaded Unlimited Blade Works (##:##) and killed 1,834 people.
    May 8 of YR14 __Cenoz0ic__ (##:##) invaded Unlimited Blade Works (##:##) and killed 1,659 people.
    May 9 of YR14 O0Silurian0O (##:##) invaded Unlimited Blade Works (##:##) and killed 1,498 people.

And those 2 faeries and 1 halfling that can't be hit yet, will go down to the elves and halfings.. as you can see their nwpa is already dropping and Legacy nwpa on TM's is already higher than those UBs..
    By all means keep repeating your strategy while your kingdom is being picked apart.

I guess the only bright side in this war for SPGC is that the age ends in a week and they don't care if their t/ms get slaughtered..
    Normally they would have already withdrawn before their t/ms get sent back to the stone age.
    Fawk, you're not in any of the kds are you? If you aren't, then how does it make sense to argue facts with a player IN the war, when all you have is a SN of their lower tier T/Ms being massed? I mean.. yeah you know
    It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Forum Addict
    I'm willing to bet 10 credits vs anyone that SPGC will win this war.
    I'm accepting one bet only, however.

Fewk is not part of any of the 2 Kingdoms.

Thread Information