Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bot+site

Post Demon

Bot+site

Just wondering how much interest there is in a customizable bot+site tool being made available to the public. I spent this last age building one for my kingdom, since there aren't any public to use (other than StingerNET who is severely mistreated)...

So, I been thinking to myself the last couple weeks about the possibility of beta'ing out my bot to a few friends to get some feedback on the design and potential changes that could be made to it. I guess I'm wondering how much interest there is in the community in something like this.

Here's the deal.

There is very little help that I will offer to it. Almost no help files, but everything is commented nicely enough. It would take you a little time to get it set up (read this as a few hours), so it's a slower setup than any other bot out there. I'm mainly not interested in answering peoples questions on how to set things up and get things working.

If anyone I know is interested in testing this for next age, PM me on IRC. If you don't know me or don't know me very well but are interested in it, please state your interest here for such a tool.

Just so interested parties have an idea of what they may be getting into:
    Platform:
    It's written in mrc, php, javascript and uses SQL for the database. It also uses FF and Chrome extensions, so you need to be somewhat familiar with these.

It's intended to be used with WAMP server and mIRC. You need to be able to install these preferably on a spare computer that you can dedicate for the bots use (not necessary, but helpful).

I personally use a dynamic DNS site (no-ip) to make it easier for my kd mates and such to access the website itself, but you could use your own IP, meaning you need to be familiar with port forwarding and establishing this connection.

Features:
    It comes with FF and Chrome extensions that will send intel/ops/self-spells/attacks to the bot automatically. It also accepts Angel forum agent. Raw intel or angel based intel is postable through the bot website in an all-in-one formatter. It has been modified so that it does not matter if you use utools or not, all intel should still be accepted. I should note the extensions are built to know the difference between your prov and a sat prov. But, when you are done sitting a prov you will need to delete that sitting cookie or the next time you sit a prov it will assume you are still sitting the last user.

Ops, intel, etc are all tracked through the website, as well as self-armies. Unlike most bots, there is no limit on how many armies you can post. This was intended for sitting purposes.

There are a lot of standard/normal commands, but due to the creation of the FF/Chrome extensions a lot of them are being modified/altered to include more detail (for intel) or to be more of a pain in the arse to post (ops and such) to avoid multi-posting. Attacks will likely not be affected by this, just people using the extension in your kingdom will just have to remember to no longer post attacks into the kd chan.

Some commands are missing right now, as the bot is not complete. For example, it does not do any sort of dragon/aid tracking/requests.

I hope people use black backgrounds... the bot looks best on it. It doesn't require it but it just looks better that way.

I should mention it's also set up so that it records logs of a council/LS chan as well as a Kingdom channel. These are accessible via the website (so yes, web chat is included). This is a php web-based chat which means that you can access it from your phone/work/whatever without issue as long as you can access the website. Unlike java/cgi:irc's it's not really blockable by most work/school setups. These are also stripped versions of chat, so they only show conversation (they ignore any bot spam/joins/leaves/etc). My kingdom has generally found it very useful just to catch up on recent conversation.

Chats and commands are all access level based. That means you can optionally give people access to the bot but not the ability to use most of the commands. Similarly, in order to access the Council IRC chat on the website you need council access level.

It has a built in target finder (players who use the extension auto-post any kd page they visit, or you can manually post them through the bot site. This is not utools compatible at this time), so it's legit/legal for use. This needs some updates to it, but it still exists at a very basic level atm.

It has a built in ambush calc on the bot site, built in news formatter, built in prov simulator and built in game simulator (all 4 of these tools are on AllianceRanking if you want to see what I'm talking about).

It also has Angelus' Draft calculator (The one on the k3ltic site) built into it, though this is modified to take raw intel as well as angel intel (currently not compatible with utools).

I'm sure there is more, but, you get the point I think..

So recap:
    I just want to gauge interest in the community for access to this project, and any friends interested I may beta this out to 1-2-3 kingdoms for testing and feedback.

Regards,

Forum Addict
    It would be greatly needed! Devs should just pay you to make it available for all kds. I'd want it!

Veteran
    Melee Weapons volunteers to try it.

Hello Ezzerland,

May I know how will you support other kingdoms in setting up the website?

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Navizarian View Post
    Hello Ezzerland,

May I know how will you support other kingdoms in setting up the website?
    Sure. I answered this in the opening post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    Here's the deal.

There is very little help that I will offer to it. Almost no help files, but everything is commented nicely enough. It would take you a little time to get it set up (read this as a few hours), so it's a slower setup than any other bot out there. I'm mainly not interested in answering peoples questions on how to set things up and get things working.

Post Fiend
    Ezzerland beat me to the punch
    Last edited by Memster; 26-05-2013 at 22:21. Reason: Ezz already answered

Forum Fanatic
    This is a great idea Ezz .. I really like the idea of addons that will auto-add ops.

Lucidbot although not connected to a site was a pretty good bot / displays info nicely

I assume it still exists
    My life is better then yours.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post
    Lucidbot although not connected to a site was a pretty good bot / displays info nicely

I assume it still exists
    Shot in the dark says you didn't read the thread. I'm aware of what exists and to what capacity. I think I've used every bot setup including a few private ones and a few of my own over the years.

Post Demon
    For those that have interest in this, just wanted to give a quick update.
    I have been doing a little bit of restructuring on it to reduce the amount of db space taken and clean up a few things that just aren't really necessary. The creation of the chrome and FF extensions drastically altered the way the bot has been used/will be used, so, I am trying to clean up the mess it left behind properly.

I intend on beta-ing the bot/site out to -at most- 3 kingdoms for the coming age. Anyone that is interested needs to be able to fulfill the requirements under the platform section of the OP. I require the following two additional things for those wanting to use it for next age:
    1) You must be someone I am familiar with/can trust.
    2) You must be able to provide feedback.

Again, PM me on IRC if you're interested in the beta testing for it.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    Shot in the dark says you didn't read the thread. I'm aware of what exists and to what capacity. I think I've used every bot setup including a few private ones and a few of my own over the years.
    Not every one, my kingdom uses a custom built bot in a very similar style to the one you appear to have worked on.

We find ours useful, if your bot handles similar things to our bot, I'm sure this will be very useful to a lot of kingdoms.
    Hi Spike,
    Thanks for your message - as you know we do our very best to minimise any
    mental anguish suffered as a result of playing Utopia.

Regards,
    Simon Shirlow
    Communuity Manager

--------------
    I miss Jolt....

Post Demon
    Yeah, there will be some custom ones I haven't used ofc. But I just mean I'm rather familiar with how most bots work etc...

I dropped the first beta of this bot out to a very long standing friend of mine. Someone I know to know his stuff when it comes to programming/server related things. I will try and give updates on progress as it goes. My todo list for it is still a mile long but it's in good enough shape to still be quite a tool.

Again, anyone that knows me and is interested in checking this out give me a shout on IRC. Though with the amount of work that still needs to go into it I'll be a bit reluctant atm to share the project.

@Lead_Pipe: Would you be the one hosting this from your kd if you used it?

Lucid bot has a browser UI, if you know how to get to it.
    -- Freedom Valley - Cartoon Networth - Harsh Cheeses - HaLL of FORCE - The Fantastic Trollfags - Polar Bears - Simians - Pew Pew - RoO - Mango Unchained - RoO

Post Demon
    In the newest release, lucid bot has the ability to post data via web. That is the extent of it atm. Anything beyond that needs to be written by the user. I guess it's possible this has changed in the last 3 months, since I have not looked at lucid bot since snakes disband. Lucid has done some awesome work on his bot and has at least 100 commands that my bot does not have.

What my bot has is the FF/Chrome extension capability as well as a rather extensive custom website. It lacks actual bot commands atm, but it has the more important ones. Inevitably I will eventually implement any that I find necessary, which admittedly will still be drastically less than what lucid has.

In a month or so I will request feedback from the few users I beta this bot to. I'll give a comparison at that time as me offering my own opinion is obviously biased. It's natural that I would like my own bot project better than another.

Forum Addict
    gg ezzer!

Thread Information