Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bot+site

I vouch for whatever Ezzerland does! He is a nice guy and knows his stuff about stuff! Everyone should beta his bot out right now dont think just do it go forth
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Post Fiend
    so any updates on this? is it available or was the idea to make it public scrapped?

I like to post
    Very good idea Ezzerland. Can help alot kds. Im using atm Lucid and i like it much for several reasons.
    1. its easy for install/setup.
    2. its secure and this is most important for me.
    3. Lucid update him very fast every age for next age.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Post Demon
    The idea to make the current version of it public was scrapped because:
    a) There was very little interest in the project
    b) It was limited to windows only
    c) I did not have time to offer support for it
    d) The ~2 people that had interest in the bot had received it already.

I have been considering cleaning the code and rebuilding it into something multi-platform. Since I am not using it myself atm I have minimal motivation to actually add features or rebuild it, but if I do it will still go public. The main thing to keep in mind is that when/if I release this I have almost no interest in updating it, so you will need to be able to handle that within your own kd.

Quote Originally Posted by munk View Post
    It would be greatly needed! Devs should just pay you to make it available for all kds. I'd want it!
    [SHELDONMODE]
    Was that sarcasm?!
    [/SHELDONMODE]

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    In the newest release, lucid bot has the ability to post data via web. That is the extent of it atm. Anything beyond that needs to be written by the user. I guess it's possible this has changed in the last 3 months, since I have not looked at lucid bot since snakes disband. Lucid has done some awesome work on his bot and has at least 100 commands that my bot does not have.

What my bot has is the FF/Chrome extension capability as well as a rather extensive custom website. It lacks actual bot commands atm, but it has the more important ones. Inevitably I will eventually implement any that I find necessary, which admittedly will still be drastically less than what lucid has.

In a month or so I will request feedback from the few users I beta this bot to. I'll give a comparison at that time as me offering my own opinion is obviously biased. It's natural that I would like my own bot project better than another.
    Chrome extension for Lucid I will provide for free to anyone who asks. Anyone with just a little bit of programming knowledge and google skills can figure out how to create an add on that posts to lucidbot's intel/news page. If all else fails: rename the .xpi or .crx to .zip and open it with winzip/winrar. You'll get the source code and there...bob's yer uncle.
    Last edited by faegan; 19-01-2014 at 03:34.

make something phone friendly (I'm in a phone heavy war kingdom) and you can have my first born .......... or second born there's only minutes separating the hellspawn anyhow ............ or a donut
    IMPERIALS KLA

Post Demon
    Phone friendly is doable/easy. My bot as-is is phone friendly -- particularly it's web-based IRC chat. I have officially started the rebuild on this, though I will only be dedicating 1 night (maybe 4 hours) per week to it. Maybe it can be done for age 61 and put out to the public in the form of a beta or so. The more public interest there is in this, the more likely I am to work on and/or complete a public release.

Interesting.

Wonder how things will change since pimp died?
    Last edited by makeo; 19-01-2014 at 08:04. Reason: me should sleep.

Regular
    I doubt any custom site will beat upoopu.

i don't like mirc, hard to be hosted.

i would choose upoopu + lucidbot + chrome/ff extention for lucid bot anytime over any mirc + php slq project.

Quote Originally Posted by t8x View Post
    I doubt any custom site will beat upoopu.

i would choose upoopu + lucidbot + chrome/ff extention for lucid bot anytime over any mirc + php slq project.

So, how many have you used?

Forum Fanatic
    Give ezzbot some love

The Jerks.

Regular
    I take my words back.

Thanks Ezzerland, keep the good work.

Its better to have an mIRC bot as an option that no options :)
    Last edited by t8x; 19-01-2014 at 16:45.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by t8x View Post
    I have been considering cleaning the code and rebuilding it into something multi-platform.
    I am aware (and even specified in the OP) about hosting issues with how the bot is currently built. I'd be interested, however, to see your answer to korps question :)

Right now I am in planning phases for the rebuild. Anyone have any unique/cool feature requests they think would be useful?

Forum Fanatic
    I am aware (and even specified in the OP) about hosting issues with how the bot is currently built. I'd be interested, however, to see your answer to korps question :)

Right now I am in planning phases for the rebuild. Anyone have any unique/cool feature requests they think would be useful?

Munk's site is quite good, talk to him.

Thread Information