Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: faery/rogue

faery/rogue

To all the T/M out there i'll give points to whoever can give me a build, science, and ppa allocation for a faery/rogue to achieve the following stats: 115 DPA, 110% BE, 50 mtpa 20 mwpa.
    This is what i currently have and am starting to get really curious why i haven't seen a T/M like this even in the top kds. The common top kd faery runs 3-4 pez/acre, 75% BE and much lower defense to get near the tpa/wpa required. I'm not saying this is right or wrong, but the stats speak for themselves. I also concede that the faery isn't as good as it used to be with no mods to tpa or wpa AND the honor nerf, but imo is still one of the biggest tanks in the game if played correctly. If you know a T/M with better stats please post. To all those wondering, over-drafting and low BE does not work.

Enthusiast
    Something like 13 elites per acre, 8 thieves per acre, 6 wpa, means that you would have 27 non-peasants per acre.

Yeah, new Faery is awesome.

Most of the "top" is pretty ****ty in province management, no better than common ghetto provinces.

Postaholic
    Marquis, 25% homes, 800BPA pop sci and 15% Liebs = 36 pop/a

14 EPA (116 DPA with MP, TW and 25% Forts)
    6 WPA (21 mod with MF cast and 200 BPA magic sci)
    6,5 TPA (50 mod with Invis, 25% TDs and 300 BPA thievery sci)
    10 PPA (for 110% BE with 350 BPA tools sci)

Some quick calcs. Not running Fae, nor do our kd. Nor would I run a Fae like this, but its one way to reach your numbers. You can obviously try optimizing numbers. I'm sure the pop ratio is a bit high in comparison to other categories, but well well.
    Last edited by Tadpole; 27-05-2013 at 11:56.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Postaholic
    the #'s dont look very hard to achive, only the 110% BE looks fishy, guess you have tons of homes.

Tadpole - 6 rtpa would give you around 30 mod. Also why run 25% TD when they max out at a much lower amount with good BE? I'll give you one example of what most miss, and why T/M with low BE fail:

30% TD at 70% BE: +52.2 tpa -70 losses

16% TD at 110% BE: +71.4tpa -95 losses

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by koz View Post
    The common top kd faery runs 3-4 pez/acre, 75% BE and much lower defense to get near the tpa/wpa required. I'm not saying this is right or wrong, but the stats speak for themselves.
    Without proof the stats don't speak for themselves at all! They are just numbers. You also omit your acreage.

Enthusiast
    So how much guild and tower coverage do you have?

@ Pmyraje, I am quite large. At EoA i will post everything, otherwise it wont be hard to find me from the charts.

Post Fiend
    Different TMs have different roles depending on the kingdom. Some TMs are there for opping attackers, some for opping TMs, some for econ, some even for attacking after a day or 2 when they can do so safely. You can't have a general tpa, wpa, dpa, ppa and determine you are better. It's about performing your role.

I'll assume your role has nothing to do with killing dragons quickly, so you probably aren't overdrafted and filled with specs for slaying. Many TMs keep enough wpa/tpa/dpa to do their job, and then fill up with ospecs or dspecs to slay dragons with. Once they slay the dragon, pezzies come back, BE goes back up, econ goes through the roof and they can start aiding out/funding their own dragons while still doing their job as a TM. TMs aren't all solely for opping. To be a great TM you need to know how to juggle and even let your generals stretch their legs making safe hits.

Postaholic
    You're right, made the calcs quickly and didn't consider the TD cap. In any case, it's easy to get those numbers given enough sci, enough homes and enough libraries.

Another example (with TDs fixed);

800 BPA pop sci, 35% Homes, 15% Liebraries = 36.5 pop/acre

14 EPA, 19% Forts = 115 DPA
    6 WPA, MF, 200 BPA magic sci = 20 WPA
    8 TPA, 13% TDs, Invis, 300 BPA thievery sci = 52
    8,5 PPA, 350 BPA tools = 111% BE

Again. Not saying its a good way to build a prov. Just gettin' the numbers.

Without furter restrictions (like total BPA for allocation) the experiment is a bit silly. With a million BPA you could get those figures no matter build. The above is based on 2000 BPA or so, and only to get your numbers. Other configurations of homes, forts, liebs and sci allocation would work just as well.

There's obviously a lot of problems with this though. 25% Homes + 15% Liebs = 40% of building space not affected by BE at all. A lot of helpful buildings omitted due to huge home count. No drake slaying help. Etc. etc.
    Last edited by Tadpole; 27-05-2013 at 21:19.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--

The industrys greats

Post Fiend
    A build like that w/ properly placed props can easily slay a dragon ;).

Postaholic
    A build like that can easily be FBed by a well pumped Elf, first rendering the homes (35% of the total land) much less useful (birthrates will be nice obviously), and make the BE plummet too :)
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--

The industrys greats

Enthusiast
    I had similar defensive numbers and better mTPA with Halfling last age, but worse PPA and much worse science, resulting in pretty bad BE and peasant count. Some of my acres went towards stables though. I also set aside 2ppa for def specs instead of elites, so numbers were a little worse than they could have been.

But yeah, that is a pretty good province, if you can get the science to make it work. It's the kind of build that is more suited to Halfling than Faery, because Halfling can take a crap on Guilds and Towers, but Halfer isn't getting that kind of science and has to put a lot more population in defense. Kidnaps and having every magic defense buff available are a good counter to fireballing. Unfortunately, that province can't afford to run many banks, nor can it bring in acres.

In hindsight I should have aimed for something like this instead of running whatever the hell I was trying to run. I sucked last age when it came time to put that tpa to use...

Postaholic
    Actually don't need that many banks, that prov is making quite a bit of cash even without banks.

BUT. The above province is a paper tiger, and will crumble quickly. 115 DPA isn't enough to be UB unless you're +15% bigger than any other prov in the opposing kd. 15% Liebs, 35 homes and 25 forts leaves 25% to fit guilds, towers, farms and whatever else you like.

No def builds (GS and/or Hosps) make being hit hell. Very easy to take out.
    No off buildings (stables and/or TGs and/or rax and/or dungeons) makes bounce backs very difficult.

A few FBs and chastity and homes turn useless, as does your BE (around which the prov is built in large part).

Its also very situational weather or not you succeed getting that kind of BPA. For a lot of kingdoms its nearly impossible. Too many wars and too few sci pumps for the mid range warring kds. Too much growth for non-abs-napped growth kds to get there etc.

Its a perfect example of a statically powerful province, but one that won't stand the test of dynamics in war when facing a kd that knows what to do. I'm sure it could work wonders in ghettos though. Strong econ and strong starting numbers is usually enough when your opponent isn't coordinated enough.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--

The industrys greats

Tadpole, sorry but you have no idea.. i was hoping to get some experienced T/M posting in here. 1) I prop a lot more than the standard 2dspa to kill dragons, 2) What faery T/M runs stables, TG, rax or dungeons? 3) have you tried to FB a prov with over 20mwpa?. I didn't make this thread to argue but i welcome any mage wasting mana - 30 ages of experience says even a supermage gets maybe 15-20% FB through if you keep over 20mwpa. You talk about the test of war dynamics, did you consider that the prov gets stronger in war? After a decent prop run you can expect much higher tpa/wpa and defense than at war start.. and who cares if your BE comes down 10% in 2 days if it's high at the beginning. With -95% losses you can keep propping all war and not even be bothered by any thief losses on fails. As you need to send almost all thieves when doing prop for max conversion, the standard rogue with only -70% losses (x5 more) gives up after a few fails because his losses are too heavy to continue. With this setup I have completely dismantled good T/M and other T/M simply don't get through. Also, my bpa is only around 1100/acre total.. goodluck getting 1k bpa in housing. In fact none of your attempts at build/science/ppa have been close. You say you wouldn't run a province like this, so how would you run it to be better? If it's "easy" to get those numbers why can't i find just 1 other prov like it?
    Last edited by koz; 28-05-2013 at 06:03.

Thread Information