Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackmail for cf's...

Unhappy Blackmail for cf's...

The first few times I saw it this age, it was the anti abs threatening to farm out to AMA if ABS/HoH wouldn't cf them... I told ABS then, if we let 1 KD blackmail us, they will all do it. So call their bluff...

The first time, ABS let it happen, because the threat was dangerous to them. The next time, it wasn't convenient for them, so they said "Absolutely not, we can't let this kind of thing become a habit"... (not exact terms, but I can't post actual logs without breaking my word).

Later, we noticed Legacy. They immediately pm'd me and said "How dare you, we will farm out to Rage before we let you hit us"... So idiot that I am, I said "Fine, consider notice retracted". But then, oddly enough, they did just that. Donated a nice chunk of acres to Rage after Rage told me they were outraged at the proposed 'farming'.

Days later... I notice another KD, and I'm told immediately "Rage told us they won't hit us, unless we get noticed by HoH, Havoc or Sanc". If we get noticed, then Rage gets 15k free acres.

So while it's wrong for the anti abs to even think of doing such a dastardly thing.... It's okay for them to do it to their own alliance mates and enemies alike.

I realize the odds are very much against HoH winning this age. And we accept that. But we will go out with our heads held high, we will know we played fair, honorably, and we kept our word.

It's a race for the top spot, with 3 ABS and HoH at the top. So yes, it's very competitive, and everyone is scrambling. That's the nature of the game. But the double standard of "You can't black mail us, how dare you"... flipped with "We will blackmail you and in doing so, we'll block our own 3 alliance mates, rather than the anti ABS" should never be accepted.

Win or lose, it no longer matters. I know what my future holds. And I know that this has been the saddest age ever in Utopia, from a diplomatic standpoint. It's no longer a game of strategy, it isn't who can war the best, or win the most wars. It's about who can be the biggest bully. And sadly, that isn't me.... I have cost us many wars/acres by being too nice. And I accept that. But those of you that are blackmailed into donating acres or giving cf's, there's a very simple solution to it. Raze retals. Take a lesson from Mansoor.... If they hit you, raze them. They lose in the long run and they'll think twice about threatening you in the future. Sure, you lose acres, and you may drop in ranking... but hey, atleast you stood your ground and you didn't let them bully you.

Welcome to the world of Rage of Absalom. Isn't this why Fury said they left Abs?
    We're still going for the age win despite fighting an uphill battle. Cakey btw is hitting into our active hostile...they will get theirs. Rage has the advantage now, let's see what aabs thinks of this and if they will do anything about it ;)
    Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn
    Epic White Mage

Im not sure if its different but we got similar threats by KD's we treated fairly nice :)

You wave us we farm out to X. Results in no one waving. It is quite stupid. AFAIK hopefully it will be dealt with differently next age :)
    My life is better then yours.

except theyre not your allies goodz. your allies don't say, don't wave this kd and we wont let them farm out to us...then they go against that and do it.
    Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn
    Epic White Mage

Forum Fanatic
    I've been on vacation during past week enjoying the beach and the sun, is the point of this thread to blame solo kingdoms for pulling the "hit us and we farm out" card or is the point of it blaming other kingdoms allied to HoH who hit other kingdoms for land as the meaning is unclear.

Lmao goods you aren't one to talk you won't even login to send a notice you send it to anri who is getting married and doesn't even hold monarch or steward and you expect the rest of the kingdom and leadership to see it? Plus you're saying your notice 2 hours ago counts for 22 hours ago when we cfed another kingdom so now instead of 47 hours in notice you're claiming we only have 20 left after the fact that you found out the other kingdom you noticed after us had already been noticed.. that's how abs runs their cfs?
    <Cobra> oh god I am old.. I graduated when you were born

<KaiN> respect my internet gangsta
    <KaiN> i'll bust some e-caps in yo ass

<+CrazyMatt> <3 wargodess
    <+Wargodess-away> <3 CrazyMatt

<@cypress[work]> go dream about it, thats the only way ure getting any
    ^she wants to be apart of my dreams... she's not that special :P

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    I've been on vacation during past week enjoying the beach and the sun, is the point of this thread to blame solo kingdoms for pulling the "hit us and we farm out" card or is the point of it blaming other kingdoms allied to HoH who hit other kingdoms for land as the meaning is unclear.
    It's not a matter of blame Proteus. I know you are most likely going to win, because you play with a completely different set of rules than we do. But 1 of the points is... You not only block anti abs, you block potential targets for your own allies, with your own blackmail scheme...

I've been itching for you to piss me off though, so I can really say what I have to say :D So there's a little blackmail scheme of my own... Go ahead, make my age...

Oh snap! Absalom and their main ally taking it public! *gets popcorn*
    #sinners <---click to join

On a serious note though, perhaps you (HoH) should finally start carrying the Absalom tag. As long as you're HoH and not HoA, you are simply in the "ally" category. They don't want you winning the age over their own which I understand from their standpoint. This is simply my opinion though. I don't know much from an outside perspective.
    #sinners <---click to join

Needs to get out more
    This reminds me of the Saturday Night Live skit of Bill Clinton at McDonalds. It's none of my business, but since it's in forum...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

wow KyGal, wow...

Post Fiend
    This is amusing....

hoh who have benefitted tremendously from alliance is now complaining about it. If they were allied with rage they would prolly farm out.

how do i know this? some of their human provinces have 2% pop science and 15% magic science....

and known hostile hitters now complaining about being hit into when they are hostile. tsk tsk.

kygal, dont complain about current diplomacy when your kingdom has been the main beneficiary the last 10 ages.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by KyGal View Post
    It's not a matter of blame Proteus. I know you are most likely going to win, because you play with a completely different set of rules than we do. But 1 of the points is... You not only block anti abs, you block potential targets
    1) If we win its because we played better
    2) Block allies from targets? Correct me if I am wrong but everyone is always competing to gain land from other kingdoms, there is a limited set of targets out there and everyone wants to be the first to hit them. The difference is I do not call dibs on anyone, case in point is when 3 kingdoms had cf expire with a certain kingdom at the same time and one of those kingdoms happened to call dibs and tell others they are 'Not Allowed' to try and wave them first. This person was not me.

Thumbs up

I check my paypal everyday and dont see no $100.

saD.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by KuhaN View Post
    I check my paypal everyday and dont see no $100.

saD.
    /thread

Thread Information