Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TheCoon taunts?

TheCoon taunts?

Someone posted taunt banners on all of Absalom and HoH. What's that all about?
    #sinners <---click to join

Post Fiend
    I dunno but the term is a racial slur where I live. Reported it and I would just as soon not give whoever it is any more exposure than absolutely necessary.

It's the kingdom name and there is a person with that nick here. Doubt they will do anything about it given it's not racially motivated afaik.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Quote Originally Posted by Drixx View Post
    I dunno but the term is a racial slur where I live. Reported it and I would just as soon not give whoever it is any more exposure than absolutely necessary.

lol someone needs to take a chill pill.
    The Coon as in raccoon...hence the black strip over the eyes and the raccoon tail. Don't be so uptight I think it is very funny and entertaining and kudos to Mr Mysterious, who is also supporting the game by paying for the taunts :)
    Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn
    Epic White Mage

Needs to get out more
    Yep. Figure folks can get upset once companies like Christian Mingle start posting their ads as taunts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Perhaps if you did some fact checking first before hitting the report button you would know I am sometimes known as TheCOON on irc and TheCOON is also a well liked character on a well known TV program.

Next age TheCOON fights for past injustices and TheCOON is also recruiting trusted allies to help fight past injustices.

TheCOON will use any and all means to achieve this goal. If you had also read more closely to TheCOON's taunt you would have noticed TheCOON said "TheCOON accepts no responsibility for what he says or does".

TheCOON will be putting up more taunts to finnish off the top 10 as soon as his hangover has subsided.
    Last edited by brickwolfman; 02-06-2013 at 07:55. Reason: TheCOON added more info
    The 4 Horsemen

*A cult worships their leader who is alive and well. A religion worships the same guy except he is dead.

Post Fiend
    I don't care what name you go by. In most of my country, your name is an offensive racial slur. You can say anything you like about your intentions but that doesn't change the history of the word and its use.

Regular
    comon drixx. we have a cheese called coon in australia (i assume thats where you are from as well). it aint an offensive word unless directed as such. stop being so p.c. and get over it.

love the taunts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Coon

That should be the end of the matter :)
    The 4 Horsemen

*A cult worships their leader who is alive and well. A religion worships the same guy except he is dead.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant View Post
    comon drixx. we have a cheese called coon in australia (i assume thats where you are from as well). it aint an offensive word unless directed as such. stop being so p.c. and get over it.

love the taunts.
    I signed up for the forums just so I could agree with this. Also, I wish TheCOON best of luck, looking forward to hopefully see something interesting next age :D

I don't care what name you go by. In most of my country, your name is an offensive racial slur. You can say anything you like about your intentions but that doesn't change the history of the word and its use.

It does, in fact lets take a great example. We all know the swastika right? In Europe its a shunned symbol but in most parts of Asia its a perfectly fine symbol and used well. Its all about context and culutural history.

Post Demon
    Fascinating

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    It does, in fact lets take a great example. We all know the swastika right? In Europe its a shunned symbol but in most parts of Asia its a perfectly fine symbol and used well. Its all about context and culutural history.
    And the cultural history that I've been on the receiving side of finds the word offensive. Also, I thought it was a bit over the top when whomever this yahoo was came and found me and harassed me on IRC. I'm probably not a very good investment of his time, but his behavior demonstrates that his intentions are not all pure and innocent like he would like you all to believe.

Oh ffs drop the p.c crap Drixx .. Stop being a precious little one and grow up, not everything is an insult. It's people like you that get me so wound up .. You're the only one here complaining and making a fuss about it ..

Sue Coon cheese for racism. I was born in South Africa and I don't take the least bit of offense at the word.
    Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn
    Epic White Mage

Thread Information