Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hostile, Notices, and top kd drama

Post Demon
    I seriously hope the majority of the community does not hold that frame of mind. But seeing as Havoc hasn't been GB'd yet this age I'd wager the community really has come to a point where no one even stands up for the belief of fair play anymore.

@Palem: So it's wrong to ask people what they consider courtesy and what their current practice is?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    I seriously hope the majority of the community does not hold that frame of mind.
    What you have to remember is the majority of the community isn't the top 20 and don't visit these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Forum Addict
    @Palem: So it's wrong to ask people what they consider courtesy and what their current practice is?
    Ezz, I think what you're missing here, is that... well, you kind of have a reputation... as a wordsmith, ya know what I mean? You're clever, you're quick, but most of all, you're... how to put this nicely... "that kind of player" maybe?

The kind of player who has an ulterior motive when they speak. The kind of player who, when you speak, smart people should really look at what you're saying and not take it just at face value. Like a passive/aggressive kind of thing. Don't feel bad, I'm not singling you out, there are many players like you... mostly in top kingdoms, naturally, because top kingdoms breed clever talkers... but I think the point you're missing is that players like Palem are fully aware that this is less about the community and more about you. (Please forgive, Palem, if I assume too much.)

Palem isn't saying you can't ask people what they consider courtesy... I think he's just saying that YOU can't ask people what they consider courtesy... because you actually probably don't care what they consider courtesy, you're starting the conversation with an ulterior motive that has less to do with helping the community and more to do with serving yourself or your kingdom.

Again, trying not to offend, because frankly, a self-serving player does very well in this game, which you have demonstrated with your immense success and high standing.

But let's be honest... and the Beastie Boys will agree... you're crafty.

Enthusiast

Woooohoooo

Hostile = Hostile Meter says "Hostile"

That is all....

I like to post
    I seriously hope the majority of the community does not hold that frame of mind. But seeing as Havoc hasn't been GB'd yet this age I'd wager the community really has come to a point where no one even stands up for the belief of fair play anymore.
    Havoc is not GBed because current age Rest from Kingdoms don't have enough power to make it. If they had enough power Havoc wont make all this double hostile. Problem is lack balance this age and for this other side use his power to do what he want.

Game is not about TOP only. Yes what Havoc did was very bad but its only small part from ****s around every age. KDs in middle/low rank face ****s like it regular and deal with them how they can. Only problem about Top atm is you cant deal like in middle range because they have his ally for assist and prevent it.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    Ezz, I think what you're missing here, is that... well, you kind of have a reputation... as a wordsmith, ya know what I mean? You're clever, you're quick, but most of all, you're... how to put this nicely... "that kind of player" maybe?

The kind of player who has an ulterior motive when they speak.
    That is hysterical. One would think that if he had an ulterior motive I would know what it was. Maybe if people stopped all of the assumptions things would actually change and top kingdoms wouldn't be turning into whining pansies.

Quote Originally Posted by DeDLySMuRF View Post
    Hostile = Hostile Meter says "Hostile"

That is all....
    Yes with shades of gray. If you max the hostile meter and then both sides stop hitting, that kingdom page will still say hostile for many days. By your logic, no other kingdom can touch them until it decays to unfriendly. Also past what a simple snatch news will show, nobody would even know. You don't get a free pass for more than a week simply because you stop hitting and meter still says hostile.

There are many other cases in which some would bend the rules of an actual hostile. If your kingdom does 20 hits in an hour on a kingdom and then a few randoms, are they in a hostile if no CF was sent by the other kingdom? What if you do a few randoms first, then full wave the next hour? Can the kingdoms you randomed hit into your "hostile" to retal?

There are a lot of things that certain kingdoms will choose to exploit when it comes to what is an actual hostile and what isn't. It all depends on if they benefit from the exploit or not.
    #sinners <---click to join

Post Demon
    It's easy to claim there is an ulterior motive. It's realistically easy to prove that wrong. I dunno what reputation you've heard about me, but this is the first time I can recall ever being referred to as a self-serving player.

The kingdom I play for (Monument) is not a crown contending kingdom. They've not interest in crowning. They enjoy war, and generally having fun. They have their ups and downs, but they are a good lot of people. I actually have more to lose than gain by creating this thread, because I'm calling out the people that it does effect (My kingdom and I are not affected by this at all) to better their behavior. If they don't care to, I can't change their opinions. They'll act as retarded as they choose. The best ulterior motive I can come up with is, at least in the future I'll be able to reference this thread every time they come whining about all this lame **** that they are too lame to address.

Edit- Say what's on your mind btw. I have 0 problems being called anything by anyone. I'm not a problematic person. I don't get upset/offended very often or very easily. I'm a logical person.

@UG: IMO, retals are absolutely acceptable. In both cases. And yes, there are always shades of grey. I definitely agree with that too. But, for example, if my kingdom sends a dragon and 6 hits (not enough to make hostile) at a kingdom, baiting to wait for them to respond, do I have the right to claim that is a hostile? Personally, I'd say no. But many, even in the kingdom I play for, disagree, and say that is enough.
    Last edited by Ezzerland; 01-06-2013 at 02:56.

In my opinion, only way to clearly show that you are hostile to another kingdom is:

1. Tagging hostile helps although there are a lot of fake taggers out there.
    2. Enough attacks from one side to give the other kingdom the war button. There is a time limit for this which common sense has to be applied. If the last hit of the hostile-initiating kingdom was like 24 hours ago, they aren't hostile in my opinion.
    3. A dragon usually clears up your intentions nicely.
    4. Leading up to your planned hostile, a solid 12 hour block of no attacks on other kingdoms helps make things pretty clear and keeps ghetto noobs from retalling into your hostile.

On the other side of the coin, there is the kingdom you are attacking. If they send a CF, that damn second the initiating kingdom is no longer hostile as the other kingdom has made it clear they don't want to fight. I don't give a **** if you accepted the CF or not. You are no longer hostile. If they don't send a CF though, keep pounding them until they do. But like I said above, you sit and not attack them for 24 hours or so, don't be surprised if another kingdom makes a move on you.

Sorry for the long post and if I went off track at all.

Forgot a few points where shades of gray might apply. At no point during an active hostile should someone do a random. Once you do, some other kingdom will exploit that saying that you randoming means you're not hostile. Also if a hostile is more than a day, which a lot are these days, you cannot just do 1 attack every 6 hours or so on the other kingdom just to still claim that your hostile is active. Minimum amount of hits every 24 hours on the kingdom you're hostile with should be the same number that initiates a hostile if that makes sense, or you may be the victim of an exploit.
    Last edited by UnknownGhost; 01-06-2013 at 03:21.

Post Demon
    I could agree with most of that except the part about an enemy sending a CF making you suddenly not hostile. They may have intent to cf but they still have a button on you. I think there may be grey areas around this also. Like if they retal waved for 3 days and then sent CF, you're not just gonna take it without some kind of deal.

Also, your post was neither long nor off track :P

I could agree with most of that except the part about an enemy sending a CF making you suddenly not hostile. They may have intent to cf but they still have a button on you. I think there may be grey areas around this also. Like if they retal waved for 3 days and then sent CF, you're not just gonna take it without some kind of deal.

Also, your post was neither long nor off track :P
    If they're retalling, then yeah that CF don't mean ****. I meant if they don't even send a single hit your way and send CF, then the hostile is dead. Another kingdom might move in on you. If you weren't smart enough to accept the CF and they withdraw it + declare, that's on you. Sorry, should have been more clear with my intent.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I didn't say or imply anything about ezzer having an agenda with getting courtesy rules down, but he wants to change the way people play and that's not going to happen.

If I say I think its totally fair to notice a kd while they're in eowcf and you tell me I shouldn't then I'm not going to stop because you don't think its fair. I think its fair and that's what is important when I'm playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    If I say I think its totally fair to notice a kd while they're in eowcf and you tell me I shouldn't then I'm not going to stop because you don't think its fair. I think its fair and that's what is important when I'm playing.
    When it's part of your agreement that you do not notice during EoWcf, than you shouldn't notice during EoWcf. What's the point of having the agreement if you can't follow what's stipulated in it?

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I didn't say or imply anything about ezzer having an agenda with getting courtesy rules down, but he wants to change the way people play and that's not going to happen.

I think you misunderstand. I'm trying to get ppl to stick to their ****. Right now they're all slimy.

Thread Information