18) Toke'N'Trade Tobacconists: human merchant
    19) Mountain Fist Metropolis: Orc warrior
    20) Thunderpick Plaza: Orc warrior
    21) Two-Handed Sword Squad: Orc warrior
    22) Obsidian Sands Occult: undead cleric
    23) Spectre Tome Occult: undead cleric
    24) Star Glacier Occult: undead cleric
    25) {M} Amberstump Occult: faery cleric
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 21-07-2013 at 23:22.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Needs to get out more
    Mirror of Truth is an idealized kingdom with a couple of goals in mind. One goal was to exercise the balance of personality and races to see how close the developers are to player experience. Another goal was to provide a 3 kingdom merge in which 8 of the best players from 3 activity challenged kingdoms could combine. The idea here was to preserve player synergy and expose them to alternative strategies with comparable province make up. Finally, my years in roleplaying games make characterizing the otherwise cold numbers game into something a little warmer. ;-)
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    The kingdom divisions being 3 units of 8 provinces. The divisions comprised of 8 provinces familiar with each others playing style. Each division has 1 of each personality/race. So let's say North Division looks something like this:
    A) Aspen Autumn: avian tactician
    B) Confectioners Toywerks: dwarf war hero
    C) Sylvan Phase Bridge: elf mystic
    D) Cosmic College: faery sage
    E) Platinum Manor Associates: halfling rogue
    F) Frozen Spit Jewelers: human merchant
    G) Mountain Fist Metropolis: Orc warrior
    H) Obsidian Sands Occult: undead cleric
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    So let's see if we can combine a roleplaying aspect to effective gaming. In the unit divisions I'm attempting to arrange each HA with an aid capable partner. Let's start with dwarf war hero and undead cleric. The dwarf war hero won't suffer from social interaction with the undead. We can think these along the lines of soldiers lost in battles past. I've attempted to add a love of food and drink to the dwarf provinces and a religious focus to the clerics. These two compliment each other in conflicts involving enemy undead. The low losses of the undead cleric and fast training of dwarf war hero can pad the shelling most undead experience with minimal soldier aid. As good soldiers the dwarves attempt to never leave comrades behind, be they dead or alive. The occult twist on undead is to portray a character of those who died doing what they love. Generalization is for the players to interpret this in their own way.
    *heraldic symbol: a mug and 3 links of chain
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 31-05-2013 at 23:00.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Finesse is the partnership between avian tactician and human merchant. Their relationship can best be described in mutual love of material wealth and services. The avian can, by virtue of winged travel, provide fast, safe delivery of merchant goods. In combat the dizzying speed and reliable intel of avian tactician combined with human merchant resources add longevity to this high casualty duo. These two hope to set the enemy in the path of the dwarf war hero/undead cleric for mop up and move on to the next target.
    *heraldic symbol: a golden egg
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 31-05-2013 at 23:01.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Orc warrior: break glass when needed - Is close to the opinion both elves and halfling share. Like the 6'6 white guy with an afro, wearing the browns t-shirt that says 'JIM' at the dive bar with barred windows, you know it's best you're not against him.
    None of these 3 are particularly social compared to our previous pairings. These pairings are about need. In war, depending on the status of your most defensively acute enemy, orc warrior will pair up with whoever makes the most sense. Be it an enemy faery, likely the halfling rogue can lend expertise. Halfling enemy? Elf mystic.
    Self preservation is the driver here, so quick work of crippling enemy provinces is at hand. The devastating offense of the orc warrior is prime for getting the enemy centered for the tactician to take by storm. This odd trio can certainly claim respect for each other, but can't get along socially. For this reason each will have separate heraldic designation.
    * heraldic symbol elf mystic: powder blue arrow
    * heraldic symbol halfling rogue: silhouette dagger
    * heraldic symbol orc warrior: broken anvil
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 01-06-2013 at 11:15.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    The faery sage are the good citizens that bring cultures together. It's in the long view that the colleges share knowledge with all in the kingdom. In times of war these relative safe havens provide health care and financial aid to the more combative provinces. Faery sage will partner with whomever is odd man out with the orc warrior. The general capability of the faery sage supports the concentrated efforts of either elf mystic or halfling rogue.
    For roleplaying purposes the halfling rogue, Platinum Manor Associates, is the prestige level thief. They provide the platinum which the faeries use for experimental purposes.
    * heraldic symbol: owl perched on scroll
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    The faery cleric is the visionary for the united triad. Unique in knowledge of both battle and the arts, the monarch recognizes the value each bring to the whole. The weak of mind are to be led to enlightenment and the physically challenged defended by the strong. In game we want the ToG provinces to pull particularly but not exclusively the elf and undead along oow. In the long run this should offer formidable resistance.
    The faery cleric can be seen as the the mechanical gauge for necessary conflict. By measure of break-ability of self and enemy. The build strategy involves command in the field, preferably at the top.
    Unlike human sage who tend to focus on what to build and what to break, faery sage bask in the curiosity and application of knowledge. The faery cleric monarch sees the defense of these ideals as central to a sometimes bloody path.
    * monarch has no heraldic symbol of it's own, but carries all on argent
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 01-06-2013 at 20:00.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Post Demon
    im so lost

Needs to get out more
    * my eternal edit post.
    Given the 3 interpretations of each persona/race invites the idea of more balanced builds like avian cleric, faery mystic, undead tactician. I encourage you to experiment with the framework.
    My interpretation here is to present the strategist with tools that are purpose built. The avian tactician is fragile, but is the fastest in the game. If you haven't experimented with speed you probably aren't going to want this. I have.
    The undead cleric is popular for a reason. It is blue chip. My builds emphasize sustainable defense in dspec/GS/WT/hospital which many disagree with. My results were reliable midrange occupation. I've seen some impressive suicide strats, but they require a kingdom commitment.
    Human merchant is just another application for the most versatile race. This is where persona meets realistic kingdom goals. Ive played human mystic and can say I do like the charm of jack-of-all-trades. This is part of the balanced kingdom strategy which is all the reason to stand on. Ymmv.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 02-06-2013 at 17:14. Reason: Kindness prevails
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    im so lost
    Welcome DDodge.
    This is a virtual/fake kingdom aimed at fun and flexibility. You'll note no build strats here.
    I guess I should mention I know why human sage heavy kingdoms do well, but the results speak for themselves.
    I hope you enjoy building your new kingdom, it has me intrigued. ;-)
    * forgive the environment; it's a bit like the white room Morpheus offers Neo the blue or red pill.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 01-06-2013 at 23:25.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Off Topic - so you think up dream teams and here's one. Hair Band '80s for the guys and the girls. Talent was key, but hotness for you're pleasure.
    - Lead Singer: David Coverdale - Whitesnake
    - Lead Guitar: Jake E Lee - Ozzy/Badlands
    - Rhythm Guitar: Robin Crosby - Ratt
    - Bass Guitar: Kip Winger - Winger
    - Drums: Tommy Lee - Motley Cr?e
    * besides great hair, killer looks and musical talent these guys were chosen for singing in harmony and writing.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    So dealing with questions of the utility of double-down/stacker builds my position is that you're standing a little behind balanced builds. The fact is that performance will vary on what enemy kingdoms want to take away. Here we have several means to press advantage. Dwarf war hero, faery cleric with QF and avian tactician make 8 provinces with attack speed. Faery cleric, faery sage and human merchant make 7 with FoK and ToG. Dwarf war hero and undead cleric make 6 immune to plague. Elf mystic, faery cleric and faery sage make 7 with Amnesia and NM.
    Each elf mystic must handle MS on 8 provinces and the remaining blanket by faery sage. Orc warrior provides 3 capable of attacking UB. This doesn't compete with top builds, but offers a path to victory from several perspectives in the heart of the charts. Strength is in team, and all can default to effectiveness otherwise. The economy is versatile as well.
    I'm not under the illusion that this is THE answer, but simply a reflection of the developers intent.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 06-06-2013 at 23:11.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Details on kingdom breakdown is from a perspective I gained in traveling the lower tier. My experience was that most kingdoms have a fair amount of know how and activity from a 3rd to maybe half. Take 8 of the best players from 3 of these kingdoms and have them work together in their own unit. This is done for addressing synergy as they grow familiar with 17 other provinces. Units can learn tactics and strats from other units. Thus, there can be relative effectiveness and no one gets lost in the shuffle. Integrated tactics from ops, sabotage and attacks get players in touch with strengths and weaknesses. Strongest unit performance can address toughest portions of opposition and the methods are nearly limitless. Lattice tactics can flow across the entirety of the kingdom while focus is retained. Wonderers like myself could simply trade places with another unit to freshen play. Each unit has it's hand on the pulse of an intimate collective. This can help with recruiting specifically to kingdom need.
    ________
    Weed bowls

I like this guy, he's insane :P
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

Thread Information