Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Kingdom ~ Mirror of Truth

Needs to get out more
    D&D Parallels:
    Faery cleric may seem tough to define but my experience says dwarf warlock is the best fit. Durable with limited offense that can be brought to vicious execution due to ops and sabotage bonuses. If you're looking for the anti-orc warlord this is it. octobrevs advice is to run this like a human cleric, thus a bit beyond my pay grade. The possibility for near max attacks gets more realistic as defenses drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Needs to get out more
    Realizing as I go along that this is a clarifying tool for me. This kingdom build offers center. If we compare this kingdom to others we can see the strengths and weaknesses. This can lead to strategic evaluation and help align the battle array. Compared to a top kingdom which is weighted in the dwarf/faery/human triad, this set up is a more mechanical interpretation. Wise win wars before they're fought, so look at top kingdoms in this light. Their doctrine feeds an elliptical of economy,science and size that yield quality/acre. As the curse of efficiency goes, this leads to predictability. The result is top kingdoms wrestling with diplomacy. Much can be learned by watching what top kingdoms do by scouring the options.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 04-07-2013 at 06:01.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Upon further review I'm inclined to investigate the partnerships addressed on page 1. - The human merchant and undead cleric together, and the avian tactician and dwarf war hero. Human/undead is pretty straight forward, but it's the avian/dwarf that has me intrigued. I'm curious if there's a way to bring avian tactician attack speed and dwarf war hero training speed together. The human has both ops/sabotage damage bonus to compliment the undead. The avian has a sabotage bonus and the dwarf has an ops bonus. As evidence, the ops/sabotage mechanic is better distributed.
    This does not necessarily influence how attacks are handled. We can see from differences in net worth, actual offensive capabilities and timing that these are simply ideals. What we're doing by quasi-dictation is setting the undead cleric at net worth floor through enemy traffic. We are not forcing a static set up, we are giving responsibilities that likely result in undead cleric roving the floor. This is my premise for guard stations and hospitals for undead cleric builds.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 04-07-2013 at 10:51.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Dont you ever stop to think about the poor peasantry, they are the heart and soul of all these kingdoms. There are going to be major socio/economic ramifications from any of these mergers.
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

Needs to get out more
    Desegregation is at the core of this kingdom concept. We anticipated complaints, but regarding the smell of undead and orc we have our sages working on some spice formulas to neutralize the odor. The undead are complaining about the curriculum bias more than expected. The dwarves are behind schedule building schools and had to be reminded ale tankards were not standard 'drinking fountains' in integrated lunchrooms.
    The halflings have successfully lobbied to allow smoking in all public facilities. The elves are not thrilled with the avian perches established in the sylvan parks, as the winged hooligans find dropping nuts and sticks on elven dance squads amusing. As expected the humans are sponsoring everything from military waves to the pledge of allegiance.
    ________
    Weed bowls

<3

fix your sig noob :)
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Spahrep View Post
    <3

fix your sig noob :)
    If I fixed my sig we would all be throwing up from motion sickness, especially here in my Rant Of Solitude. ;-)
    * hurl, technicolor yawn, holler new york, wet burp, yark *
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 14-07-2013 at 02:31.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    If it hasn't been clear, in the net worth ranges the ideal attacks occur warrior 1st, tactician 2nd, cleric 3rd with cleanup forces from dwarf, human, elf, halfling in descending order. The warrior scope allows for higher gains on the same target if additional pressure is necessary. The tactician is set to achieve 2 attacks in this order as well. In the obvious event the order is disrupted the attacker array is reconsistuted to max gains with tactician leading the spearhead and descending in subsequent order. Thus the disruptive attempts by the enemy still dictates an order of most accomplished attacker ability to least.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Poor Liar. You're welcome to reside in this virtual kingdom and RP away. My next move was to post appropriate build strats for each persona but that feels a little unRPG. I'll take a few and regroup my off-topica to add a RPG twist on strats. ;-)
    * On topic my intuition is to give steward to the province of Aspen Autumn, avian tactician. Reasons being that those who are particularly sensitive to HA array, intel, and troop status can jibe with the monarch on economic issues to guide resources. *
    - Additionally, Cosmic College has name changed to Cosmic Sparkle College to satisfy the urgent requirements of the faery sect.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 21-07-2013 at 23:33.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Chaotic Good: Those familiar with D&D will recognize this alignment. This is the conduct of Mirror of Truth.

A chaotic good character acts as his conscience directs him with little regard for what others expect of him. He makes his own way, but he's kind and benevolent. He believes in goodness and right but has little use for laws and regulations. He hates it when people try to intimidate others and tell them what to do. He follows his own moral compass, which, although good, may not agree with that of society.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    In my own words: good is the standard by which all actions are guided. We don't bully, unless we are asked. We random for the good of the game, not to discourage new players. Diplomacy is held to the meaning not the letter of the law. Unless a war is fought for honorable standards, winning is the only solution. Bottom feeders are to be punished and harrassed within the healthy means of the kingdom. Allies will be accommodated upon review of their honorable disposition. Hone vengeance with love: this is the key to complete victory. - thank you.

For the truly good you know you are a star among the dark and must remain so. Xenon of Thundercats last age is such. We may twinkle with regard from afar, but never coexist. This is a cosmic secret revealed for those who don't know why they are alone in a crowd.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 24-07-2013 at 01:07.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Activity: As stated in this thread, part of the triad concept is to gather like actives in one kingdom. This is not the end of my concept on the matter. Because of the mechanical diversity of 3 of each persona/race the player has a place and a purpose. Each is capable in their array of unique accomplishment. Special care is addressed to oow ability by natural default. For example, low resource loss by undead cleric, high yield by orc warrior and faster acquirement per mission by avian tactician. The top is difficult to jack science and the middle defends gold. The drag associated by undead is minimized due to ample support.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Hostile & Fortifide: Unlike some war heavy kingdoms this set up can function admirably. Having a decent portion of op deterrence and the correct builds in HA to continue high yield strikes this promotes activity. The array of 8 can each do it's part in answering enemy retaliation. The avian and orc have mana draining defense spells while the undead can do retaliation with lower losses. There should be ample MV available to cancel fading ops. Hits out of battle stance to bolster kingdom resources can be tailored to meet demands.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Thriving on the why: in my many travels I've been in several unsuccessful kingdoms, particular to war. More often than not I'll see a kingdom with certain personalities and race that doesn't perform at all in a manner you expect. Last age I was in a kingdom with several elves, yet they barely used NM: a spell I've seen used well. I see the overabundance of undead, and I play undead. The problem lies in kingdoms with large numbers of undead who don't also understand the pumping aspect of the t/m. These synergies get lost in static evaluation. The training time of WH is barely understood as an advantage, but again can be found in teamwork. This is the challenge of the smaller kingdom. Human is great, but it's also easier because it's vanilla. To leverage the strength of alternative races the ancient power of teamwork must be unleashed.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    A quick roll through the top 5 offers enlightenment in the goal oriented strats. Obviously pure skill is fundamental, but none of these kingdoms invest in races they feel would be a drag. The diversity is still there. AMA display a number of dwarves with the human serving as sprocket I had eluded to oiler. BB shows a more idealized version of the human torque engine with elves as the teeth, lever point, what have you. These kingdoms are set up like race cars. Some are dragsters, other are formula 1. I'm very interested to see Dirty' set up in the kingdom Realest has in the pipe.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Thread Information