Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Kingdom ~ Mirror of Truth

Needs to get out more
    I think this age 2 fixtures are for sure as far as core designation. The halfling rogue should be no surprise as a trio, but the more I look at dwarf war hero the more I'm sure we need a 3 count here as well.
    The spell combination is just too good to pass up in this strat. Mystic aura and fast training, war spoils and free build. The rest is the standard quick feet and fools gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Needs to get out more
    Age 60 build for overall capability. This requires teamwork which is the hallmark of this kingdom. My instincts have told me to continue the cleric/tactician/warrior spread over the heavy attacker type, but we'll forgo this in the interest of doctrine. The main thing to remember is that these are broken into 3 divisions. In this manner I think you can see a deeper synergy.

1) avian tactician
    2) avian tactician
    3) avian tactician
    4) dwarf war hero
    5) dwarf war hero
    6) dwarf war hero
    7) elf sage
    8) elf sage
    9) elf sage
    10) faery merchant
    11) faery merchant
    12) faery merchant
    13) halfling rogue
    14) halfling rogue
    15) halfling rogue
    16) human mystic
    17) human mystic
    18) human mystic
    19) orc warrior
    20) orc warrior
    21) orc warrior
    22) undead cleric
    23) undead cleric
    24) undead cleric
    25) faery mystic
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    The objections here might be that the human mystics will take their lumps and that's exactly the point. A strategy bent MS is the norm. I propose to forfeit that if the enemy is willing to crash the build. But look around you; this kingdom has speed, potential killers and bristles with every other magical capability. This kingdom is build to collapse the enemy core and work up. Time is a factor for any kingdom. We aren't as durable as cleric core, but can attack around cleric strengths. I'm not a guy who buys into UB, but in full use of resources.
    The avian tactician is part of a gap clearance strategy that makes the dwarf war hero a danger. The undead cleric is the guardian of the nw perimeter and the warrior feeds them into the wheels of the chain.
    Support abounds and all provinces can march.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    More thoughts.
    So what is it that I find fascinating and disappointing? Detractors of a virtual kingdom based in the jaded view of those who measure by success yet haven't achieved it by their methods.
    This isn't about success, this is about playing Utopia and enjoying. Let's dig into that because you might think this means failure. If so, you might as well move along.
    ~
    Here is what the virtual kingdom is for: To maximize player participation and enjoyment for actives. It's achieved by a team comprised of 3 groups of actives from different kingdoms. Of all the cores and angles and egos and spread sheets and organization I want you to note the last 2 crown winners weren't suppose to crown. And the reasons I hear have all the same rhetoric. But the fact remains that the less active, less pro, less experienced and less diplomatic have crowned 2 ages in a row. By accident? By hidden design by top chart shapers? Trolling?
    ~
    Only the most intellectually gifted and humble natured could know for sure. So what I'm saying is throw that away. Those who have challenged this logic essentially have not achieved their goals. Some have, but I want you to also note the number that leave the game upset. Why on earth would you play?
    Solution: play for fun. What's fun? Getting to flex your vibe, your groove and having it sinc with other players. Jazz is a musical freedom. You want to be in drum core go enjoy. Here it's about percussions, strings, woodwinds, brass and keys playing to the edge and back again. Together.
    ________
    Weed bowls

This was a good read. Hope it goes more fun based than archetypal in the future. We need fun.

Needs to get out more
    Sure, I'm just fond of archetypes. But this isn't about my wants as much as having a kingdom full of happy actives.
    - Please feel free to leave a version of your favorite build to be in the kingdom lineup -
    Thank you for you're input makeo. :-)
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Maybe I should elaborate my reasons for certain archetypes; this way a more knowledgable person may enlighten me on what can be more effective or flexible. - I'd like to guarantee 3 provinces that can land meteor swarms and 3 that can can land advanced thief objectives. Everything else here is flexible. My preference is to also include 3 of the widest reaching turtle-breaker aka killers, but that's flexible also.
    You'll note I chose not to go for meteor swarm reliability as following that doctrine is less efficient in this set up. But I base the efficiency here on the basic rules of the Virtual Kingdom: 3 of every race, 3 of every personality.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Enthusiast
    4 Faery Mystics, 4 Halfling Rogues, 17 Orc Warriors.

Kung pow!
    Live long and prosper

Needs to get out more
    That's a nice polka band there The Moon. ;-D
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    Here's something I've learned through designing a guitar that I think applies to kingdom design in Utopia:

~ acquire the best for the job intended ~

This actually requires more clarity than you may assume at first glance. For those that approach kingdom design as a blob of whatever race is calculated the best with accents of support, please move on.
    For those that can intuitively see the need for ops, the need for intel, the need for low loss attacking and out of range attacking you can stick around.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Needs to get out more
    I'm not criticizing success. Who could?

My intention is for kingdoms I see struggle with the same deficits age in and out.
    (One I see isn't just lack of economy, but not understanding diversification.
    There is a place for gold generation, runes, food and soldiers.
    There really needs to be a major source for gold and soldiers.
    (Another is intel and learning to use it as a strategic tool.
    There should be low cost, timely and accurate intel to adjust to the tide of play.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Ach, in that case, I'd try to blend that which is quintessential with that which is archetypal. :)

Archetypes, imo fade, quintessential elements remain. :)

Want more fluff tho. :)
    Last edited by makeo; 09-01-2014 at 20:36.

Needs to get out more
    Agreed. I have the same problem in D&D as this is roleplaying isn't it. Please forgive me on that account. :-)

So I always feel fluffier when I see Elit or any other top noodles fiddling with something Virtual. Today the war hero was mentioned so I immediately felt like I'm top strategy muse! ;-P

So what does one do with war hero? Well in war, at selected theaters, the war spoils spell can be used with the fast training. Complimented by some magic resistance and aid packets the war spoiled acreage can be fortified and ready to roll with accelerated build/builders boon. So this flips my dwarf plan to possibly elf. Faery is best equip stand alone if it can muster the offense to attack.

As with anything here there are vulnerabilities, but the kingdom is diverse enough to adjust to many circumstances.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Regular
    Halfer WH perhaps?

Fast train coupled with 4/4 leets at 400gc makes them quick and cheap to build up WS land (or 5/0 specs to boost off more). Plus half-price thieves to keep TPA up. And not forgetting Animate Dead to mean you can fast re-train 50% of any def losses.

Needs to get out more
    Great suggestion: will add it to the roster. Thx. - Halfling War Hero.

~ I'm not one to dictate strategy as much as shine a light on what the game gives but haven't seen. Fortifying war spoiled acres is not an end all tactic. It is another admission to the play book. I'm curious how AMA-PB used their War Hero core.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Thread Information