Thread: Protestors in Turkey, against the current government

Forum Addict

Protestors in Turkey, against the current government

huge protests against the current government of Turkey have started all around the country and all other cities around the world with a considerable Turkish population.. the main reason is the direction taken towards the islamic regimes, and ppl are fed up with each step taken in this direction - we've fought for our freedom before and now we are fighting again, fulfilling the duty left to us by Ataturk..

millions are flooding streets, fighting police forces.. there are thousands of injured and many dead.. all health-care is in emergency mode helping protestors and the army is creating police-free sanctuaries to help&heal the wounded..

special song of the day - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5047bfXGxn8

sadly, i cannot provide any local news link, because all local media is censoring the events except only one TV channel.. world media is monitoring the events much closer and you can find coverage about it anywhere easily - there are even live coverages..

stay informed about the fight we give for our rights and freedom, and support the protests if anyone taking place in the city you live in..

Francis, the Turk

p.s. i dunno if this post is against the rules, i just want ppl to be aware of whats happening and follow it through the news on internet..
    Last edited by LoRD_SaMPuaN; 01-06-2013 at 00:15. Reason: typo

Forum Addict
    here is a message ive received, and im sharing it here because it includes more details than my initial post..

'Dear friends all around the world,something brave and significant is happening in Istanbul, Turkey.
    A late blooming Occupy wave one might call it. Citizens tired of a bullying government with its corrupt management of public spaces and reckless abuse of land are coming together to protect a public park in the heart of the Istanbul which is under the threat of being demolished so the 94th shopping mall can be built in its place.
    People are holding in spite of the brutal attacks by the police (today's attack was at 5am in the morning one shall point out! including tear gas bombs, burning the tents, hospitalizing a person...). It is the 3rd day now, more than 10,000 people have gathered in the park!Meanwhile, public spaces are being sold to hotels, precious ecosystems are being wasted for more industry, power plants, 3rd bridge over Bosphorus!
    This has become a matter about more than just saving trees. This is an 'I can do whatever I damn well want', fascist mentality that not only supresses but attacks its own people.
    To make matters worse, media channels are being censored so as not to display the news.#direngeziparki is now the 2nd worldwide trending topic on Twitter.
    Please help us to share this message and stop Erdogan's ruthless, inhumane acts.
    What you can do:- Forward this message to everyone you know- Send your support messages through twitter with the #direngeziparki hashtag- Tag @bbc @cnn @reuters and other large media channels in these posts- Post this message on facebook- Let your local and national media channels know, please help spread the news globally. Thanks.'

I like to post
    I cant believe its real. I.m from Bulgaria and we are neighbor with Turkey. There is noting in our TV news about it.
    WTF is this, there cant be any censoring in EU countries.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Post Demon
    One of my kingdom mates was impacted by this. He is in turkey also. This is one intense situation.

I like to post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/01/wo...&smid=fb-share

Look like major problem. Stupid politics in all countries.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

I can feel your desperation as it also happen to Malaysia early last month. We had a corrupted election and people were stepping for the change. However the local media twisted the stories and happenings to manipulate the rest of our citizens who does not have internet to know more about the darkside of our current government.

We will support you!

Post Fiend
    After personally traveling to Turkey back in the summer of 2009-2010 Istanbul has a highlight for sure, and have been in that square I cant believe this is happening. And now as amk it almost happened here in Malaysia as well.

I have retagged the kingdom my heart goes out to all my friends in Turkey.
    Original wearer of the Raikonhat

Forum Addict
    http://www.kanalistanbul.com.tr/smal...ul-resistance/

here is a long list of links where you can find out whats happening in Turkey!

Murderer government

Turkish government has killed 1 more youth. A 22 year old protestor was shot in the head with tear gas cannon.

Turkish government, Tayyip Erdogan and his AKP, leading with terror and wants to continue to war Syria; Probably won't stop there.

Forum Addict
    each day brings sad news, and the government's bloodlust doesnt seem to have an end..

Thread Information