Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 58 changes

Age 58 changes

Please use this thread to comment on the Age 58 changes, which you can view here.
    Last edited by Bishop; 04-06-2013 at 11:03.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Enthusiast
    Why was faery nerfed and halflings and elves made even stronger?
    As if halfling/rogues and elf/mystic weren't overpowered already..

Survey of the world's races:
    Elf Mystic - 607
    Faery Mystic - 439

Halfling Rogue - 737
    Faery Rogue - 120 lol..

Faeries have no attacking (which elf and halfling have) capabilities, -50% honor bonuses (high honor elf/halfling rock), and **** tpa/wpa..
    At least they had some sabotage/spell damage.
    But your solution was to make them even more useless than before?
    Wonderful.

Halflings/Rogues didn't need to be made any stronger it's already the most choosen setup in the game by about 200%.
    Cleric was nerfed a bit too steeply i would prefer -40% casualties (instead of current -30%).. I mean TMs already do so much damage, now giving more casautlies to attackers is going to make them useless in wars even faster now.

Intel Store looks nice and should help out the medium level kingdoms..
    Last edited by fawk; 04-06-2013 at 11:23.

Veteran
    Interested to see the new features.

Seriously unsure about the Avian changes though, the minor buffs were nice, but adding another -5% BR means their eco is even worse than before, and that was their absolute weakest point.
    Also removing Faery tpa/wpa bonus is a bold move considering they are barely able to remain unbreakable against all of these orcs and undeads. They now have to worry about elf/halfer opping them to hell too.

Quote Originally Posted by fawk View Post
    Why was faery nerfed and halflings and elves made even stronger?
    As if halfling/rogues and elf/mystic weren't overpowered already..

Survey of the world's races:
    Elf Mystic - 607
    Faery Mystic - 439

Halfling Rogue - 737
    Faery Rogue - 120 lol..

Fearies have no attacking (which elf and halfling have) capabilities, -50% honor bonuses (high honor elf/halfling rock), and **** tpa/wpa..
    At least they had some sabotage/spell damage.
    But your solution was to make them even more useless than before?
    Wonderful.
    Because the world survey is an indicator of strength? Faery is more than acceptable.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Remember to turn off the target finder during protection so you cant use it for spying :)

It wont be available at age start until the islands are all viewable anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Because the world survey is an indicator of strength? Faery is more than acceptable.
    lol, if the survey was a good indicator they'd have nerfed UD instead of giving it a minor boost. (UD is the most overrated race currently)
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Cleric deserved to be nerfed!
    War hero is still unplayable
    Warrior got screwed this age
    Tactician remain the same so still a nice choice, especially for orc lovers
    Merchant buff is nice, so I expect to see even more humans/merchant this age
    Sage - a small nerf, nothing special really
    Rogue and Mystic - no change here

About the races, minor changes, as expected, but still I hate to see elves and halflings get even stronger! I was hoping to see a consistent buff for dwarfs, but I guess no one loves those tiny bastards :)

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    The survey is a good enough indicator.
    Faery is useless.

You think 10% WPA will compensate for anything?
    At viscount honor the faery is already down 4.5% tpa/wpa, and down 3% population bonus. That already is enough to negate the 10% WPA bonus it was given.
    Should we even consider the difference when at prince honor..

So give faery 10% WPA? wow..
    You give Elf 10% wpa too.. up to +50% WPA now on elves.. (+50% TPA for halfers)
    But for faery you dropped it from 40% spell damage to 20% spell damage..

Lets not forget faeries weak elites and 1 general which makes them useless as hybrids which is most top level kingdoms go for..
    So what exactly do they have going for them? The ability to cast clear sight? ToG?

If you think boosting elf/halfling and nerfing faeries was a good move.. well first of all you definitly did not play faery this age.
    And secondly you didn't run your numbers right.

The problem is not with Faery.. it's the people playing it. This race is a tank if you play it right. I was able to take out elf/mystics and halfer/rogues all age without them being able to op me, even with no race mods to tpa/wpa and with only half honor bonuses. I finished #1 honor because of this too, a lone rogue among many many mystics :)
    Last edited by koz; 04-06-2013 at 12:20.

Quote Originally Posted by fawk View Post
    The survey is a good enough indicator.
    Faery is useless.
    I disagree on both accounts. If it bothers you so much don't play faery then.

Quote Originally Posted by koz View Post
    The problem is not with Faery.. it's the people playing it. This race is a tank if you play it right. I was able to take out elf/mystics and halfer/rogues all age without them being able to op me, even with no race mods to tpa/wpa and with only half honor bonuses. I finished #1 honor because of this too, a lone rogue among many many mystics :)
    +1 Faery still a strong race with this update. And don't forget that Halfling got more penalty with that additional -5% attack gains than before.

Im excited for the new game interfaces. Even if they aren't as good as what you might currently be using outside of the game, i highly suggest everyone use them and give good constructive feedback so we can help make them even better. This is a big step in the right direction for this game and I'm very happy to see the development team putting some muscle into improving this aspect of the game.

Also Bishop hates Faery, you should all know this by now :P
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

Post Fiend
    Nice changes overall, allthough they are too minor for my love. At least clerics is a bit less OP compared to other attacking persona :D

Veteran
    Solid changes all but poor Dwarf that is still too week over all vs others

Thread Information