Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Utopia Simulators

Enthusiast
    also, rushbuilding with BB in prot in sim is 10 hours, while in reality it's 11 hours

Would be awesome if you can fix "release forces".

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    I have a planned update for it, but I have not been able to afford the time to the project.

The planned future features are:
    Automated sci distribution (customizable)
    Automated military training
    automated self-spells
    spell casting successful by default, tick to fizzle.
    remember last spell cast

Essentially, when you start the age you can turn on sci and automate it to distribute your sci into a specified ratio every x hours. You'd be able to automate recasting self spells, and then automate your training when that time comes. It'll speed up the process a lot.

I'm considering "save points", but not considering at this point an undo/back button option.
    Sounds good. Save feature would be appreciated as normally you want to quickly redo stuff and try different bits from that bit so that would come in handy.

Also maybe a "cancel" button to undo just everything you did that tick? The save feature would b better but cancel could be sufficient if not

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by tamle View Post
    just a minor thing you can update for next age: Freeze -> Jan 1 Yr 0 is actually a tick, so in-game our buildings arrive on Jan 16 but on your sim they come in on Jan 17. Just a minor fix of changing the first page we visit (after entering our prov details) to "Freeze" instead of January 1, YR0.

Great jobs, much appreciated as always. :)
    This is a long known bug. Realistically, the 0 hour bug is a bug within uto itself, but I have honestly just been too lazy to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmyraje View Post
    Excellent stuff. And a pleasant surprise that exploring is cheaper in reality than in the sim :)
    :)
    This is true because the sim does not account for the growth of your kingdom mates (median sizes) and the formula for exploring has been changed 3 times since I last updated it into the sim. I can't be bothered to reverse engineer it every age. The reason I mention this is because it means if you explore bigger than your kd, explore costs are also more expensive than in the sim :P

Frankly, unless the explore formula is released, I'll never bother to update this.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiocy View Post
    also, rushbuilding with BB in prot in sim is 10 hours, while in reality it's 11 hours
    Thanks, I will note this and fix it for next age.
    Quote Originally Posted by psytrip View Post
    Would be awesome if you can fix "release forces".
    aha... forgot all about that. Yes... I suppose I could do this for next age's release also.
    Quote Originally Posted by American Badass View Post
    Sounds good. Save feature would be appreciated as normally you want to quickly redo stuff and try different bits from that bit so that would come in handy.

Also maybe a "cancel" button to undo just everything you did that tick? The save feature would b better but cancel could be sufficient if not
    A 'cancel' button to undo changes prior to a tick, as well as a warning message that unsaved changes before a tick cannot be undone sounds fine. In reality is more a matter of finding the time and inclination to finish the project.

Post Demon
    uSim has been updated with the proposed age 59 changes. Munk's prov sim will not be updated until the final changes are out (unless requested).

Also, the bug about BB + Speed Build has been fixed. I have not made any other changes/updates though, at this point in time.

Also should mention, explore costs will not be accurate and are only estimated based on the formula from 3 ages ago. The explore formula continues to change every age and I cannot be bothered to waste the time to reverse engineer the formula every age.

Forum Addict
    Awesome news. I was just playing around with the old version when you started the update so I'm pleased to see this post so quickly. :)

Need a betatester? I already found this when clicking on the council:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ']' in /home4/nyquest/public_html/simulator/sim/council.php on line 272
    Quote Originally Posted by :p
    The chance of needing 20 NBs to cure the plague is c. 1/470 trillion.
    Your logic is non existent, You should read more than one post.

Forum Fanatic
    Nice Job Ezzer. Bishop just make explore formula public already!

Post Fiend
    Sage doesn`t have 4 book per acre bonus.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    I already found this when clicking on the council:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ']' in /home4/nyquest/public_html/simulator/sim/council.php on line 272
    Fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snp View Post
    Sage doesn`t have 4 book per acre bonus.
    Fixed.

Post Demon
    Updated uSim to include the Zero Hour tick. Initial sign in should read on the throne page Game Time: ZERO HOUR (I did not care to test it).

Probably will only do bug fixes people comment about until final changes are out. Don't think I'll have time for much else.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    I'm considering "save points", but not considering at this point an undo/back button option.
    I just had this idea hope it's not annoying to you. How about as "save" feature you just export all relevant values into some text-based format like JSON and possibly copy to clipboard so the user can save on his own computer. Then just offer a textbox somewhere to read it back in. This would even allow to continue simulation after logout which I don't see how to do otherwise without login function and allocating disk space for the saves.

In the end it might just be calling a function to convert to JSON (or other format) if you already have a fitting data structure.

Save feature would save me a lot of time since I make so many mistakes. So this suggestion is mostly from selfish motivation but I guess others could benefit as well. :)

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    I just had this idea hope it's not annoying to you. How about as "save" feature you just export all relevant values into some text-based format like JSON and possibly copy to clipboard so the user can save on his own computer. Then just offer a textbox somewhere to read it back in. This would even allow to continue simulation after logout which I don't see how to do otherwise without login function and allocating disk space for the saves.

In the end it might just be calling a function to convert to JSON (or other format) if you already have a fitting data structure.

Save feature would save me a lot of time since I make so many mistakes. So this suggestion is mostly from selfish motivation but I guess others could benefit as well. :)
    /me shrugs

A save point feature has been added. You need to save the codes for the restore points (or at least the last restore point you create) in order to share the simulation with your kingdom or restore the simulation. These are not saved on the server.

If this gets abused or people get too carried away with creating restore points, I will remove it until I decide to put actual effort toward the project. Keep in mind creating too many restore points can corrupt your sim or crash your browser. So use them wisely. I have done no tests with the restore system, so if there are errors or it does not work, let me know.

Post Demon
    a quick test suggests that having more than 3-4 restorepoints will slow down your sim. This is because previous restore points are saved in newly created restore points. I could remove this restore history and make it less taxing, but then you would have to record all the restore points you create throughout a sim yourself.

I do realize either way it is better than not having restore points, but meh, if the goal is easy, might as well go easiest, yes?
    Last edited by Ezzerland; 09-09-2013 at 18:21.

Forum Addict
    Well cool. I didn't realize you were so far already with the implementation.

It did work nicely for me, I didn't write down any values to compare but everything seems to be in order after the restore.

Have to say that it's definitely one mighty long access code for the restore point! :)

Thank you 1k times for this feature!

Post Demon
    I wasn't far with the implementation... didn't start it yet :p
    That was my "lazy man" implementation.

It's long because it contains all the data of your sim, including your history, previous restore points, and all uto variables (there are a lot of these).

Glad to hear its working. Hope it helps save time :)

Edit:
    Oh.. and uh.. you're welcome...
    (where are my manners?) xD
    Last edited by Ezzerland; 09-09-2013 at 19:07.

Thread Information