Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Utopia Simulators

Forum Addict
    Heh.. just had a funny moment with the sim.

Somehow I had two tabs of the simulator open and logged out in one of them. 30 mins later I re-discovered the other tab and clicked on throne which got me into an empty province with all values zero and multiple "division by zero" errors.

Not a problem by any means just wanted to mention it. If you want to be perfectionist about it some kind "session expired" message and/or redirect to login would probably look smarter. :)

Can also be recreated by just browsing to /simulator/sim/throne.php without logging in first.
    Quote Originally Posted by :p
    The chance of needing 20 NBs to cure the plague is c. 1/470 trillion.
    Your logic is non existent, You should read more than one post.

Post Demon
    I'm ok leaving that as a problem until I (never) recode the sim. But thank you for reporting it :)

Post Demon
    Since the final changes are essentially identical to the preliminary changes (as I predicted in this thread), this simulator has been done for a few days now. GL to all in the new age <3

Post Demon
    Updated Munks prov based sim for the new age.
    Updated AR's Ambush calc for the new age.

For uSim:
    Fixed Human Science bug (they were not getting the +30% sci bonus).
    Fixed the display bug for the science page (schools appeared to not be working, even though they were).
    Fixed a minor birth rate bug created by the addition of the 0 hour tick (sliding BR bonus for first 120 hours was giving first tick odd birth rates).

Post Demon
    Added the ability to release troops.

Post Demon
    Fixed a nw bug caused by sciences.

I should point out that the last few bug fixes were all reported by the same person. If you notice any let me know :)

Regular
    birthrates are bugged

edit: in uSIM
    Last edited by Betatester; 12-09-2013 at 02:32.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Betatester View Post
    birthrates are bugged

edit: in uSIM
    I double checked this, but I do not see a bug. Are you comparing it to the wiki formula? Because the wiki formula is wrong...

Post Fiend
    Building over 1/3 of your land into Mills results in negative build costs, so you earn money when you build.
    Allah speaks through me.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    I double checked this, but I do not see a bug. Are you comparing it to the wiki formula? Because the wiki formula is wrong...
    perhaps you are correct, I was basing my info on the wiki, but only because it seemed my peasants were coming in way faster than they should.

is base birthrate really 2.63% now? It seems crazy how fast my peasants come in.

Reflex final changes?

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Tox View Post
    Building over 1/3 of your land into Mills results in negative build costs, so you earn money when you build.
    Will address this when I have some time. Thank you.

Forum Addict
    Birthrate is probably too high in the sim.. if I sim my current province (dwarf) I get 6737 peasants compared to 6633 ingame.

Post Demon
    I will need to investigate further but I know the first couple of ticks were spot on with BR for my own sim to my own prov comparison. Keep in mind that state/council page on the sim show your next tick pop, whereas state/council page in-game show last tick. So sim tick would need to be one tick behind to compare.

If there is an issue, it's likely with homes (given the issue with mills), but again my first 2 ticks were spot on.

Forum Addict
    i was talking about total peasants only.. dwarf at 400ac and didn't raze homes.

edit:
    is 3.4% BR before homes normal?
    get +299 from 6000 with +46.8% from homes.
    Last edited by TommyB; 14-09-2013 at 07:49.

Thread Information