Thread: How did the USA become so awesome?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    You're assuming that I meant the USA never invaded Canada or Mexico, which I didn't.

We were talking about current events. I guess I incorrectly assumed that when I say things like "neither have been invaded" that there's an implied understanding of "recently", otherwise why would I even bring it up? I'm plenty aware of my country's basic history, enough to know that the Mexican-American War was a thing and I live by Lake Erie so I'm well informed of the battles that happened in and around Canada.

Then again, I shouldn't bother defending what should be simple understanding, because trolls be trolling.
    "We get along with Canada and Mexico pretty well. Neither have been invaded... "

I don't know its a strange way to say something. America gets on fine with tons of countries. But by adding the "neither have been invaded" is kind of silly. I mean America has great relationships with Japan, but America has also invaded Japan.

Go to texas and tell them the Alamo hasn't happened :p. If getting a long with a country is qualified by not currently being in a state of war with said country then Georgia and Russia get a long:P

To me that was legitimately a strange thing to say :p. As all the war memorials say, "forgive, but don't forget"
    Last edited by goodz; 21-07-2014 at 21:17.
    My life is better then yours.

Thread Information