Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orc/War Hero Strat

Orc/War Hero Strat

this will be my war build

farms 10%(I will drp this to 6-7% when I have food sciences and try to cast fertile lands 24/7 )
    banks 10%
    hospitals 10%
    stables 10%
    TG 12%
    Rax 15%
    Guilds 10%
    watch towers 15%
    towers 5%
    dungeons 3%

Protection

40% guilds?(til I get to about 1.5-2 WPA)
    10% armories
    20% banks
    10% farms
    10% towers?
    10% homes(raze them as soon as land is populated)

what do you think?

Lol.... you don't really need to pump your wizzy so soon... Focus on economy instead of ur wizzie pump. But very subjective to your KD strat here

Enthusiast
    i agree... way too many guilds, not enough banks and arms. ogres > goblins by a large margin.

Firstly why the war hero? I can't see any benefits from WH that another personality choice doesn't do better? The Plauge/Dragon immunity is nice but it doesn't prop up your admittedly weak economy as well as Merchant would. And I think you'd just get more flat out with warrior, cleric or tact in no particular order by the way. But that aside lets run with it.

I would think that 20% guilds would be enough for pumping wizzies in protection, your WPA really is the least of your problems if you come OOP without enough military to start grabbing acres or at least grabs against you. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume that you're in a pretty standard ghetto of mixed race/personas who'll likely be growing to all sorts of sizes so they're also unlikely to protect you from being hit if you come OOP without a decent military.

I think during protection I'd run something like

Homes - keep starting numbers, raze at max pop
    10% Farms
    20% Banks
    20% Arms
    20% Guilds
    10% Stabs
    10% Towers

Build those in the correct %s for you final size OOP. For instance if you're aiming for 600 acres OOP, you're aiming for 120 Banks/Arms/Guilds. Priority goes to the Banks/Arms and then the Guilds/Towers/Stabs are all built in a 2:1:1 ratio. Once the homes are razed and everything else is built to the correct numbers you've got 10% to allocate. This can either go to WTs coming OOP to help protect all that cash as you pump/plunder up to full draft for an early war. The other option would be TGs if you suspect an early war. This will give you a leg up in converting over to you war build and give you a wider selection of targets to plunder in the mean time. Drafting would start around the same time you finish up all your arms, maybe a little later if you're planning to run Pat as often as possible.

Coming OOP you army would probably look something like

1.5 dSPA
    1 TPA
    Everything else should be dumped into offence, preferably elites.

Once OOP you'd plunder to continue to train in a ratio of about 4:1 off:def points till you hit you targets or need to switch to a war build.

War is OK I suppose, it's going to be hard to fit everything you need in there seen as you don't get any freebies from your personality. I'd take Stabs/Dungeons to 8/2 respectively and bump the TGs up to 15%. For lack of something better to cut Id have to suggest pulling out the 10% bank and freeing it up to go into GS/WT. With 25% allocated between then two the mix will change depending on what stage you're at in the war. You're eco is gonna be paper thin but you wont have to worry about plague or dragons further compounding the problem I suppose. Which leaves us with something like the following

10% Farms (reduced as per science)
    15% TGs
    10-15% Rax (more or less depending on what you can handle on your schedule to be army in/army out)
    10% Hospitals
    10% Guilds
    5% Towers
    8% Stabs
    2% Dungeons
    25% WT/GS (you could probably leave the 10% banks in at the cost of GS in the first war to help keep training def specs while you credits train elites)

Without knowing your kingdom set up, where you plan to sit in the KD in terms of NW or any other specifics its hard to be any more specific then that. Hope it helps

Well, the benefits of WH is not an immediate effect. It won't be apparent until it matters most (being a WarHero) especially in war.... The personality says it all.
    In idle case, it is not a great personality.. I agree on that. It is not an easy personality to play either.

Enthusiast
    Orc is very bad when aiming for honor.
    Any kingdom or attacker that wants high honor should aim for any other attacking race.

Main reasons why:
    1. orc +30% gains, doesn't mean +30% honor per hit. So lets say:
    You hit for 130 acres, and gain 100 honor.
    You get hit for 100 acres and lose 100 honor.
    In the long run you end up getting big but not gaining much honor.

2. Orc elites have 1 defense which pretty much makes the open to hits at all times (lets say during hostile when you might not have troops out)

3. Undeads have clearsight

Well we can go on.. but the point is Orcs are not built to gain honor very well. Other races are. Orcs are good for smashing people.

Post Demon
    I was very happy with War Hero for Avian last Age. In the end I ended up being a Count most of the Age which gave nice bonuses, but that was n extra - I picked the personality assuming I'd be a peasant. Faster training time is nice, esp if you are attacking a lot and want to get those elite credits turned into elites fast. It's true economy is an issue, but it is for most attackers most of the time.

May be too late now since you'll have already built stuff, but I agree with above - an Orc does not need to be considering wizards in protection. More so than above I see no reason to run any more than 10% guilds. Focus on economy, economy, economy, get your troops trained, hit hard OOP and then consolidate afterwards.

A couple of general points on your war build, rather than specific:

I still see so many people who give a list of building percentages totalling to 100% as a strategy for war. If you are an active attacker you will never have anywhere close to 100% of your land built. If you are active enough to make full use of the Barracks you have then you will regularly have 2 attacks worth of buildings in progress at any given time and especially at the point you make your attack. Don't plan for having 100% land built. Focus on the more important buildings assuming at most 90% of your land built (to be honest it'll be more like 80% as an active Orc) and if you happen to have the other 10-20% built it is a bonus (or, to be honest, an indication you are not active!!). That is even before we consider the effects of low BE (you have no homes and you can be easily fireballed or kidnapped if your enemies wish) and Tornadoes.

The point is, when thinking of a war strategy, focus on key buildings, try to keep them up to the best effectiveness you can for what you want and let the rest slide to compensate for buildings in progress. e.g. an Orc does not need 10% guilds. What are you going to do with them? Ok so they mean your self spells are more likely to succeed, but if you can get runes sent to you 5-7% guilds will do fine with a few fizzles. Wizard generation is irrelevant for an Orc in war. If you are active enough to be "army in, army out" then stables are another area you can let the % drop as un-stabled horses don't leave if they are out on an attack.
    Last edited by pmyraje; 08-06-2013 at 10:35.

Agree with that.
    If you had already built those 40% guild, stop from razing it... just go explore more or hit OOP. It would be a lil waste of money and time to do anything about it now. :)

Forum Fanatic
    if your entire suite of attackers goes WH, then ok maybe
    otherwise WH sucks imo

Post Fiend
    if all attackers goes WH, i would never send a dragon against them.. saves me a lot of cash which can be given for aid and now those attackers are left only with extra honor, faster training time and immune to plague bonuses.. compare it with warrior or cleric, these WH will most probably lose..

unless KD is aiming for a honor crown, WH should not be picked KD wide..

People underestimate faster training time.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

In winning the battle at the bottom?

In winning any battle where piling on troops is key - feeding unbreakables, moving available net worth around etc
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Agree. As with any build it's your kingdom working together that makes the difference.
    - don't forget these are orc elite credits for you. Speed seems the undiscovered country in Utopia.
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Yup, they underestimate it unfortunately. :(
    A point to take note of... Economy versus training time.
    In war, a good back up of economy is crucial. Therefore recommending its best to have a banker in the KD to aid you. Coz in war, they probably disable the Orcs' first. Render your economy useless.
    -50% training time will sustained your OPA n DPA rather efficiently.

You would want some homes. Getting FBed is not the thing tht u want.

Having (5-10%) banks in war won't help you much unless you are going for elite pump (15-25%). I would say put it in hospital or barracks (you would want to consider lower loss of your elites & getting ur elites out ASAP. This is important especially if there is NS & MS on your tail). OR WT (it would always be cool to increase your eyes for thieves)

Thread Information