Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shoot holes in my KD layout and Benefits of Human War Hero ?

Shoot holes in my KD layout and Benefits of Human War Hero ?

First a little background on the KD:
    Performance last age: We got 5 wins out of 8 ward last age and were wining the last (9) war by eoa, yet our opponents didn't see it fit to surrender otherwise it would have been 6/9 :/

We got a solid crew of players forming up and this age we are going to aim to have 10 wars and see how many we can win. We still got 2 slots to fill but those will come from KDs we beat.

I still consider us a Getho but hopefully this age we manage to break out of this echelon.

We are running heavy on Orc tacticians and undead warriors and clerics, these guys will start on the chain wars, hopefully getting plague and then moves in the heavy Cav....the Orc Tacts.

Following them up are the hybrids, a small mix of dwarf and elf mystics for FB and NM runs. Those will participate firstly with FB and FG on the enemy Economy and will lnd a hand with the NM when the time is right.

We have a Faery Sage (or was it Mystic?) and another Faery Rogue: They will be on MV duty as we opt not to rely on MS so heavily. Additionally they will contribute to NM runs when their time comes. Attacking wise they will be mostly keeping the chain targets we start on down.

Bringing up the rear are a few Halfling Rogues, nor NS / Prop / and AW. Maybe even some attacking midday through the war or once they heavy hitters start getting a beating.

Also 2 Human War heroes and a Human Sage.

The Question is, how do you envision the HU WH in this setup?

Thanks for the input.

Enthusiast
    war hero + human is bleh. should have gone elf/warhero if you wanted war heros, and human/anythingbutwarhero for just about any conceivable role. only human/tactician might end up being worse, and tact is still more consistent.

War hero on a turtle race like human is exactly what you want.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Needs to get out more
    Human war hero is your soldier producer to provide aid to your shells, especially under dragons. They can contribute a higher volume to dragon slaying and recover. I'd use them more from an aid standpoint with a higher TPA for kidnap and soldier production. They can adjust roles if your kingdom knocks out ops from enemy kingdoms and go attacking more aggressively. The math might stink, but they definitely have a role your HA can appreciate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Enthusiast
    War hero on a race that isn't particularly good at getting honor is not what you want. In order to be secure against chains the human has to be much bigger than most of their opponents, which does bad things for humans trying to honorho. 4 point defense is pretty bad, especially when human is almost guaranteed to be eating MS the whole war.
    I don't see many high-honor humans around, there is probably a reason for that.

Thanks for input so far.

StratOcastle

Human war hero is your soldier producer to provide aid to your shells, especially under dragons. They can contribute a higher volume to dragon slaying and recover. I'd use them more from an aid standpoint with a higher TPA for kidnap and soldier production. They can adjust roles if your kingdom knocks out ops from enemy kingdoms and go attacking more aggressively. The math might stink, but they definitely have a role your HA can appreciate.

Bishop

idiocy

War hero on a race that isn't particularly good at getting honor is not what you want. In order to be secure against chains the human has to be much bigger than most of their opponents, which does bad things for humans trying to honorho. 4 point defense is pretty bad, especially when human is almost guaranteed to be eating MS the whole war.

Was that sarcastic? we definitely don't plan on taking a back seat and turtle with it.
    We'll contribute with attacks and other roles depending on what the KD needs at a given moment during war. Remain as flexible as possible.

That's what we are looking to be this age, secondary banks and dragon slayers. And move in to take some of the pressure off the HAs
    We also didn't pick them for the H bonus, and it isn't what we are after. the -50% Training time is what we will be capitalizing on. quickly swapping off for deff and vice cersa during a war (7 Hour total training time)

We dont plan on being secure from chains, they are welcome instead. Gives the HA more chance to go unretalled and follow through on their chains.
    Sides, ToG + WH = pretty fast back in the game )

Final Thoughts?

your kingdom's t/m will always get a saphh dragon .... making them less pro to their enemy

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Enthusiast
    Not being sarcastic.
    If you have your Human/War Hero open to a chain against a low- to mid-tier warring kingdom, if they're smart they're going to chain that down hard. human and war hero lose pretty much every single bonus after they get chained. Of all of the races to target in that setup, chaining the human warheros is probably the most profitable course of action compared to how easy it is to implement, unless they start at the very top of the kingdom nw scale and can remain unbreakable.

Post Fiend
    What personality is the best for being chained?

Enthusiast
    anything (and i mean anything) that isn't war hero

Needs to get out more
    I'd switch out at least one orc tact and undead warrior to swap personalities. Yeah, I know the arguments for personal gains, but we're talking about kingdom capability. If you get your orc warrior a shot early on an UB Ito save you're kingdom a lot of hard work.
    When I played an orc cleric the ambush was almost welcome. My incoming gains were closer to my build credits. The real deal is you're taking gobs of enemy power: those buildings are gone, and the kill ratios on t/m provinces is ludicrous from what you see hitting HA. Many shoot this down, and sometimes war isn't your best option. I'll take aces in those situations. And besides, many come at this on a two-sided no hope scenario: what stinks for growth and what stinks for war. In the ghetto the lines are slurred, so build what youre instincts lead you to.
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by idiocy View Post
    There's no reason for a human to be bad at honor whoring and there are plenty of reasons they are suited - number 1 being a turtle elite which is next to essential.

Quote Originally Posted by Le_G View Post
    Was that sarcastic? we definitely don't plan on taking a back seat and turtle with it.
    Then you'll simply be swapping honor around in war and the result will come down to activity. You need to manipulate available networth targets correctly to push honor where you need it. If you dont then you should probably have gone a different personality.
    Last edited by Bishop; 10-06-2013 at 07:59.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Forum Fanatic
    I do not get the hitting with undeads first to spread plague on them being followed up by ORCs for them to maybe get the plague themselves? (I understand the concept of spreading for -15% def...) I'd switch that order of hitting around personally. Hit with ORCs with Blood lust first (more gains, can not get ambushed) then with undeads finishing hoping to spread the plague (less gains no need to anon) and due to BL kills maybe making them more tap-able = more attempts to spread plague.

Did you jst say not focus on MS? That is not a gd thing. I mean MS is a really gd way of taking down economy & military.
    MS during hostile is kinda crucial though... sometimes it does punish the attackers hellots.
    Last edited by kYs; 10-06-2013 at 13:32.

Thread Information