Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NSA Surveillance

Post Fiend

NSA Surveillance

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...ion-documents/

Oh, sh*t! Don't click that link or you may be a terrorist.
    Sh*t, did I just say "terrorist"? Now I might be a terrorist.

....Thinks about his search history...

What is Jihad and do they get benefits
    When you hear people chant Allah Ackbar should you think it's a trap
    When should you dial 9/11 in an emergency
    Has anyone ever asked the Taliban why they're TaliBAD
    Is it true Wikileaks is an encyclopedia of notable wet farts
    Does Al-Jazeera still have a program to target the USA
    Is Chris Hanson in chat rooms posing as a 16-year-old Muslim extremist for a show called To Catch A Predator Drone
    Who made the PRISM album cover for Dark Side of the Moon
    Is Barack Hussein Obama related to Saddam Hussein
    Hamas vs. Galil Call of Duty
    Did Joe Biden use NSA surveillance data when he said the president has a big stick
    How to clean a dirty bomb
    What's a good dish that has ricin it

...F*CK
    Last edited by Budlightyear; 10-06-2013 at 04:36.

what I find pretty funny is the shock and horror coming out of the American public when the rest of the world shrug it off and say "yeh that's the US government ?"
    IMPERIALS KLA

Quote Originally Posted by Hurlin View Post
    what I find pretty funny is the shock and horror coming out of the American public when the rest of the world shrug it off and say "yeh that's the US government ?"
    Americans like to think they're superior. Reality is a *****
    http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...-cover-world#1

And this cartoon is spot on
    http://www.mattbors.com/blog/2011/06/03/mockracy/
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

So are there any policians that can be trusted to put an end to all this madness?

Quote Originally Posted by Mauler View Post
    So are there any policians that can be trusted to put an end to all this madness?
    Obama promised to do so in 2008
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-10784_3-9845595-7.html
    but you know how it goes with politicians and promises.
    Voting for the US Pirate Party might be your best option but the system is rigged against newcomers
    http://uspirates.org/
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by Mauler View Post
    call me cynical, but I've come to realize there are none

so you're best shot at stopping this madness is:
    A) become a politician yourself and start your own political party
    B) revolution

The electoral system is anything but democratic and fair and there are no neutral and unbiased traditional media, therefore I'm beginning to doubt the viability of option A. But then option B is very risky and not so viable either.

So therefore there are 5 possible ways of dealing with this situation:
    1) you join the established political parties and work your way up and attempt to become part of the government
    2) you work for the NSA
    3) become a politician yourself and start your own political party
    4) revolution
    5) you do nothing at all and do not even vote

The majority of the people choose option 5. I think at the moment that may actually be the wisest possible decision.

For option 1 to succeed you need a fat purse and lots of family connections. Success being that you can become that trusted politician to put an end to this. I reckon the odds of success in your case are about 0.001%. Which is still pretty high if you think about it. ;)

The odds of success in option 2 are about 0.03%. It largely depends on the fact whether you can get work in that security apparatus, if that succeeds, odds of succesfully sabotaging them are pretty darn high. The easiest way to sabotage them is to go operation 20 on them. It is a variation of a stratagem, that belongs in the category of winning strategems, which is also known by the name of "killing with a borrowed knife". This in itself shows that the politicians who established this mad system are in fact largely paranoid, amoral and weak individuals, or else you wouldn't even be able to use a strategem in the category of winning stratagems. But be warned, just because they're weak doesn't necessarily mean you can win that easily, because the person who leaked this information choose a desperate stratagem, namely" if all else fails retreat". You see he moved to Hong Kong.

The odds of success in option 3 I reckon are about 0.0000003%. Success being that you can become that new poltician who puts an end to this. The odds are so incredibly small here, because you are working against the tide. You spend a lot of your energy fighting established parties, established media, established companies, an establsihed electoral system, and the established security apparatus which you so loath, playing on their terms, and in a situation that is strategically unsuitable for you.

With a revolution you don't have to play by their rules and you can set the situation to your hand, but should your revolution commence the odds of it becoming a revolution that is succesful and that you can steer in the right direction are 1 out of 7. The odds for revolution to commence I reckon are higher today than 6 years ago. There are a few reasons for that: (1) high unemployment, (2) a weak financial system and (3) an inept and weak government. I do reckon that the odds of a revolution occuring, regardless of whether it is successful or not are higher than the other 3 options combined. That's largely because of how fragile this bad system is. It also means that you are more likely to see a revolution occuring in your lifetime over which you have no controll, than it is for you to get struck by lightning.

The odds of option 5 can't be ascertained. If you do nothing and everyone else does nothing, the odds are 0%. This is quite likely to occur, because free-rider behavior looks like the risk free option for lots of people, which paradoxically it isn't. If you do nothing and someone else does something, you can't be certain what of the 4 other options that person chooses.

So in short the answer is there are none at the moment, there may be some in the future, or there may be none, or there may be politicians who make it worse than it is now, or there is you!
    Last edited by freemehul; 10-06-2013 at 14:06.
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

I'm confused as to why I should care if the government is tracking phone calls. Am I hiding terrorist activity? Does the government care that I'm going to the bar this weekend? Is there something I should be upset about?
    S E C R E T S

On a different note....

I've come to the conclusion that of every 10.000 visitors on my first website at least 3 of them are spies. I reckon that I have been tapped by the NSA at least once when I was talking over the phone with my grandparents in Michigan. And I've probably walked by a dozen or so spies at the University of Groningen, most of them Dutch, German, British, Chinese, Russian, Paki and Saudi agents. Of a Chinese woman and an Ukrainian man I'm fairly certain they are in the industrial espionage industry. She desperately wanted to get into google and probably already secretly works for Baidu. The Ukrianian guy the same, but this time for Yandex. I also reckon that one of my professors worked as a translator for the AIVD. My father knows a highschool friend who worked for the BVD, the predecessor of the AIVD.

And then I'm probably aware of only half of all the spying that's going on near me or around me.

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    I'm confused as to why I should care if the government is tracking phone calls. Am I hiding terrorist activity? Does the government care that I'm going to the bar this weekend? Is there something I should be upset about?
    actually you should care and worry even if you have nothing to hide regarding terrorism and such. Not all espionage being done by U.S. goverment agencies is legal. There are rumors for instance that Bush junior and his cronies abused intelligence data gathered by the NSA for their own purposes. It is reputed for instance that friends of Bush made a few million on the stock market, because they knew a European firm was interested in purchasing a firm in Canada and talked it over on the phone with their colleagues in the U.S. In other words NSA may have been abused for insider trading. Intelligence agencies aren't checked thoroughly by parliaments or congress, so they aren't as transparent. Where transparency lacks abuse follows. So in other words you should worry, because they can harm your interest. Even if you don't have any share in a company, then as a mere employee you should still worry, because takeovers and mergers are known to affect jobs too.

Now that an example of what may have happened over the phone. Imagine what Obama could do when his not so squeaky clean friends get their hands on whole reports being send over the internet.

Do I really need to remind how Obama when he was a mere social worker in Chicago managed to get asbestos removed from some residences in Chicago? Do I really need to remind you of how unlikely that is to happen in a neighbourhood where all the construction is controlled by "the Outfit"? McCain may have handed his "Joe the plumber" some lucrative plumbing contracts. U.S. elections aren't cheap. Can you imagine what friends of "Joe the builder" demand in return for their support?

So even if you're not concerned about your civil liberties being affected, you should still worry about privacy, because it certainly can affect your economic interests.
    Last edited by freemehul; 10-06-2013 at 15:05.

Corrupt politicians are a constant in life, I'm just saying the concept of this type of surveillance doesn't bother me one bit.
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    Please take my privacy away, I don't care about the constitution and want to live in a police state as soon as possible. I cannot imagine ever wanting to write a private email or have a private conversation that I wouldn't totally trust my government with.

I accept that politicians are corrupt but I am OK with handing them more power and letting them ignore our constitution.
    land of the brave, home of the free!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

#tactics

I'll McGovern you up, son. Wait, you know who McGovern was, right?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    The gov't knows I enjoy Little Ceasar's hot and ready pizzas.

I fear for my life.

for those who want to fight back: http://trollthensa.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    The gov't knows I enjoy Little Ceasar's hot and ready pizzas.

I fear for my life.
    You will when little ceasar's is outlawed and you are ordering from underground pizza bootleggers.
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    for those who want to fight back: http://trollthensa.com/
    That's hilarious.
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

Thread Information