Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NSA Surveillance

Quote Originally Posted by John Snowstorm View Post
    land of the brave, home of the free!
    Great book that 1984 ...... Wonder if old George was thinking of America or England when he wrote it
    IMPERIALS KLA

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    The gov't knows I enjoy Little Ceasar's hot and ready pizzas.

I fear for my life.
    They say if you throw a frog in boiling water it will jump out, but if you throw a frog into cold water and slowly bring it to a boil, it'll stay there 'till its cooked.

Enjoy your Little Ceasar's.

Enthusiast
    are people dumb enough to believe that an intelligence agency wouldn't do something like this? that's what intelligence agencies do. not their place to give any ****s about how people feel violated.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    I'm confused as to why I should care if the government is tracking phone calls. Am I hiding terrorist activity? Does the government care that I'm going to the bar this weekend? Is there something I should be upset about?

should I care they are listening in on my drug deals then?

Corrupt politicians are a constant in life, I'm just saying the concept of this type of surveillance doesn't bother me one bit.
    Yup totally, corruption has been going on and on. Nothing new there. It's actually the lack of surveillance on the intelligence agencies by parliament that bothers me greatly. One needs checks and balances, if you can't get those, then you're aren't a real democracy, then you're a banana republic at best and at worst a brutal dictatorship.

Targetting corruption matters. Take Turkey for example. Everyone knows Erdogan is corrupt. Partially thanks to wikileaks we know this. But look at how Turkish police molest and even kill innocent protestors. All because Erdogan and his cronies want to close down a valuable park and square. He and his cronies probably make millions through lucrative real estate investment deals. That's why he doesn't back down and that's why gets more authoritarian all the time. He got too much at stake, he needs to keep his party funded. If he can't get the funds, if he can't get the press to shut up, his party wouldn't have 50% of the vote.

It creates a dysfunctional society and you don't need that, because you can get better than that.
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

by the way...

That doesn't mean that I think Edward Snowden is a hero. I'd rather have it done the proper way, then to leak. Parliaments need to do their friggin jobs right.

I doubt his supposed patriotism. Sure he probably is disgusted by their being a PRISM program, but probably by financial reasons. I reckon he is envious of the fact that he was stuck in a deadend job, making only 200 grant per year (excuse my understatement), when he sees the big bucks PRISM brings in. As to him leaving his girlfriend, I wanna bet it wasn't the happiest of relationships anyway, so I reckon he thinks it's no real loss to him. No matter how hard Lindsay tells she devestated, I'm just not buying it. Ed reminds me more and more of that American guy, also a highschool dropout, who in the sixties defected to North Korea.

I'm also kinda amazed as to the stupidity of some Hong Kong citizens, who wonder as to why Ed chose Hong Kong. Don't they know their own city? Hong Kong got lots of headquarters in the hardware industry. Heck it's the hub of the world, in regard to PC manufacturing and what's more it's close to mainland China with corporations like Baidu in Beijing, another internet search giant and a nation with a government that just loves to get his hands on his knowledge of the NSA. I kinda wonder how much he got for selling his story to the guardian newspaper. I wonder if he knows that the vast majority of Chinese congressmen are millionairs and billionairs. I doubt he knows that and they're probably going to get a real bargain out of him.

Forgive my cynicism, but I find this whole situation on all sides kinda hypocritical, laughable and deplorable.

Enthusiast
    There isn't a "proper way" to release this kind of information. Telling someone they're being watched, how they're being watched, and who's in who's pocket, isn't the way to run a surveillance program.

It's only a legal fiction that the NSA and any intelligence agency gives a rat's ass about privacy. From birth to death, the average person is fair game for anyone who can **** with them; laws, courts, and concepts of personal liberty are only a pretense that people want to believe in for their own sake, but are routinely violated, and that violation is glorified often enough that it should be obvious.

Connecting the dots as to who is getting paid off by whom is interesting to know.

Pretty sure the guy is either going to wind up "vaporized", "dead by suicide", honestly gives no ****s and has nothing left to lose (my guess) and will effectively off himself or drop off the grid, or the whole thing is a giant false flag.

Needs to get out more
    All this work goes toward division. Knowing people on the left and the right, oblivious to the machine which operates both sides. Love is the answer; or maybe that's not sinking in, as hate and violence only strengthen the position of those who benefit.
    Don't let American media fool you around the world. We already knew this was going on. Afganistan is practice for the Rocky Mountains, Iraq was practice for occupying insurgence. Just 2 birds with 1 stone. It's already over, here, many just can't wrap their mind around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

I'm confused as to why I should care if the government is tracking phone calls. Am I hiding terrorist activity? Does the government care that I'm going to the bar this weekend? Is there something I should be upset about?
    This article explains why you should care
    http://www.wired.com/opinion/2013/06...-surveillance/
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

That's a pretty ****e article in fairness.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    The point of that article:
    You should be allowed to break the law in private

lol

Quote Originally Posted by idiocy View Post
    There isn't a "proper way" to release this kind of information. Telling someone they're being watched, how they're being watched, and who's in who's pocket, isn't the way to run a surveillance program.

It's only a legal fiction that the NSA and any intelligence agency gives a rat's ass about privacy. From birth to death, the average person is fair game for anyone who can **** with them; laws, courts, and concepts of personal liberty are only a pretense that people want to believe in for their own sake, but are routinely violated, and that violation is glorified often enough that it should be obvious.

Connecting the dots as to who is getting paid off by whom is interesting to know.

Pretty sure the guy is either going to wind up "vaporized", "dead by suicide", honestly gives no ****s and has nothing left to lose (my guess) and will effectively off himself or drop off the grid, or the whole thing is a giant false flag.

I never said there was a proper way to release it, because you're right about that, there isn't a good way to say you got bend over forwards and being taken for a ride. I said there is proper way to keep an eye out on the National Spammail Agency. ;)
    Last edited by freemehul; 15-06-2013 at 12:29.

Enthusiast
    then... what is? make another committee in congress?
    i take it for granted that anything i say can be found by someone who is determined enough. even the whimpers i make in bed from being a sad panda could be used against me; which is exactly what has happened to me in the past, from organizations that give no ****s about anything. i'm not so worried about some NSA ninjas knowing what kind of pr0n i like, but i probably should be.

what intriges me the most is the "news" factor.. it ant news, this has been known for 12 years now... (might be more)..

yeah, there's some British claiming he knew about this in 1999, so that's more than 12 years allright.

Thread Information