Thread: Patriotism

Patriotism

As per the guide:

http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...ics#Patriotism

"...and offers partial protection against the Propaganda thievery operation."

How exactly does this work?

It reduces the gains they can prop off you. I assume its by the same amount it increases draft by, but i have no proof of that.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

so patriotism is still useful when at full draft %?

If you plan on getting propped.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

I know this is old thread, but question actually is unanswered and interesting, does pat indeed affects prop effect or not?
    Giving your population life and an innate desire to defend your lands, this spell increases the rate that you can draft peasants for several weeks, and offers partial protection against the Propaganda thievery operation.
    In description it claims to do some effect, but in actual effect field says that only draft is changed..
    Effect: Increases military draft speed by 30%

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Yes, Patriotism lowers prop losses

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Yes, Patriotism lowers prop losses
    no one knows the exact protection against prop...it's why the actual effect field doesnt have a value. my personal experience would guess in the 40-50% reduced gains, but its just a guess based on "feel"

it's not that effect doesn't mention exact number, but it doesn't mention it at all. If effect is there, why should you hide how much %?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by theluckymike View Post
    it's not that effect doesn't mention exact number, but it doesn't mention it at all. If effect is there, why should you hide how much %?
    Because the Devs don't formally update the wiki. It is user based. And the users haven't got an easy way of determining what the effect is on prop because the prop gains themselves vary wildly. With enough data samples we could probably get close to the answer, but I guess noone has cared enough to do it (or to open source it).

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris121 View Post
    Because the Devs don't formally update the wiki. It is user based. And the users haven't got an easy way of determining what the effect is on prop because the prop gains themselves vary wildly. With enough data samples we could probably get close to the answer, but I guess noone has cared enough to do it (or to open source it).
    no...prop is insanely varried so doing the math is almost impossible. anyway . i'll update wiki with a small comment

"Lowers Propaganda Damage received by unknown%."
    Last edited by Persain; 04-12-2017 at 13:56.

Veteran
    With enough data it must still be possible...but "enough" would be a big number ;)

Thread Information