Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Dungeons strat

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums

High Dungeons strat

So I've never been shy of my love of Dungeons (best building in the game), but I'm curious if anyone has played around with running higher dungeon %'s.

Obviously keeping them full is an issue if you're sending them out on attacks, or it even might be an issue if you save them just from gaining acres faster than you can kill off troops. Releasing Prisoner's would be another downside, but I've never actually played with the op enough to know how strong/effective it is.

But yea, has anyone played around with higher dungeon %'s and had any success with it?
    (Should be worth pointing out that by high dungeons I mean like 15-20% rather than 50% or something stupid like that)

Enthusiast
    omg palem ur nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooob.

(hey gotta stay in the spirit of this board)

Anyway keeping dungeons filled is problematic unless fighting people with town watch. Each full dungeon is generating 10gc and filling 10 jobs, making them a much weaker version of homes and that aspect isn't particularly important. At the most, provinces can send 2-2.5 prisoners per acre on attacks, so anything over 10-12.5% is overkill for sure.
    I used to play with 5%ish dungeons every now and then, and it works pretty well. Usually the prisoners aren't necessary to make hits, so saving prisoners for attacks where they are needed is definitely doable. I'd be more worried about Plague than Free Prisoners (as I don't think anyone uses this op ever). Fighting against a kingdom with Town Watch users - including the stupid Undead - gives dungeons a lot more value.
    Having high dungeons also means that some will survive after a chain, and having dungeons post-chain is incredibly valuable with all of the quad hittting going on.

I never played with huge dungeons tho.

Needs to get out more
    Does this mean I can have my hospitals back?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by idiocy View Post
    Each full dungeon is generating 10gc and filling 10 jobs, making them a much weaker version of homes
    I found this part weird...

How is 10gc/tick < 7.33 gc/tick (and 7.33 is assuming you don't draft ANY of the pezzies you get from your homes).

Prisoners don't have NW, the extra population from homes do.
    Dungeons provide a small BE boost, not quite as much as homes, but the effect is really secondary.

Much weaker version of homes? lol

Needs to get out more
    So you can build dungeons instead of homes, and hospitals instead of TG. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular

If you don't go over 90% and name your province the "dungeon master", it's not worth it. Might as well make a kingdom with 25 faeries HAHA!!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Redemption View Post
    If you don't go over 90% and name your province the "dungeon master", it's not worth it. Might as well make a kingdom with 25 faeries HAHA!!
    25 faeries kd is so outdated... -.-"

Enthusiast
    Peasants are 2.75gc per...

im not really a fan of dungeons but i've never ran a larger % than about 4. it would be interesting to see the prisoners and the free prisoners op become more prevalent.
    Player History

-Returned in Age 55: "Happy Grasslands" Undead Cleric in WE KC (M)
    -Age 56: "Cortez the Killer" Elf Mystic in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 1st Half: "KC March of the Penguins" Avian Warrior in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 2nd Half: "Granny Smith" Halfling Rogue in TFC
    -Age 58: "A Horse With No Name - America" Halfling Rogue in HRS Partial (S)
    -Age 59 1st Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in HRS
    -Age 59 2nd Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in AC
    (S)
    -Age 60 1st Half: "Beaver" Elf Mystic in AC (M)
    -Age 60 2nd Half: "I don t want" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 61: "trizzle my wizzle" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 62: "Tras19 is amazed by midgets" Dwarf Sage in Beastblood (CROWN x 2)
    -Age 63 yr 1-12: "To learn his Elfabet" Avian Merchant in Beastblood
    -Age 63 yr 12-14: "Thanks for the death Flogger" Orc Tactician in Beastblood
    -Age 64 yr 1-6: "Lust and Thrust" Halfling Rogue in PewPew
    -Age 65: "back yet again" Elf Merchant in Old Skool (M)
    -Return again in Age 67: "Whimsyton" Elf Merchant in the ghetto
    -Age 68 1st Half: "This Girl is on Shire" Halfling Rogue in The Shirish Mafia (M)
    -Return Yet Again in Age 76 2nd Half: "Happy Grasslands" Dark Elf Paladin in BOL
    -Age 77: "?" Human Sage in ? (M)

Noteworthy Achievments

*** Age 62: Books of War ... KD Land Crown and KD NW Crown Winner with Beastblood ***
    *** Was a member of The Faery Circle, yet have never played Faery ***
    *** Have never had a province die except once when I let Flogger province sit me for 24 hours in a war ***

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by idiocy View Post
    Peasants are 2.75gc per...
    Edit:
    Nevermind, I'm an idiot lol.
    I always mix up whether unemployment or unfilled jobs are high.

/gg
    Last edited by Palem; 24-06-2013 at 14:42.

Strategy Moderator
    To be fair Palem high dungeons is like stables good if u can execute it correctly and crappy if u dont use them right. I tried this strategy back in the mid 40's on an avain clearic. Started with 25% rax and 15-20% dungeons filled up pre war, used the dungeons in place of banks in my build.

I personally didnt like it because the vast majority of your dungeons become useless after your first unique and if you dont get chained you quickly drop down to only filling 4-5% and end up with 10%+ of your land being completely useless. Added to that i felt my offense wasnt sustaining hard enough. It MIGHT work in "top" wars when hitting starts and both kds have 100+million gc and you can swap your build after you make a few "big" hits but i just didnt like it.

you might as well be like Vines and use 40%+ homes :P
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Vines would never be caught with a measly 40% homes.

Forum Fanatic
    you could play as an undead with dungeons and then you wouldn't have to worry about the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    you could play as an undead with dungeons and then you wouldn't have to worry about the plague.
    UD sucks big hairy donkey balls. better pick warhero if you're so afraid of the plague
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Thread Information