Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Power --> Corruption? , Bishop Abusing his utopia powers.

Regular
    The cows are sitting on the grass Palem. Do you know what that means?

It means a storm is coming.

bishop lost his way a long time ago...did a survey a while back and over 30% of the replies indicated they would like to see bishop out of power..and considering very few players read and participate in the forums I'm sure much more than 30% would like to see bishop step down...you cant play and be an unbiased admin and to think you can is very ignorant

way too many people suck up to bishop so they wont get deleted which is also ridiculous so in forums it may appear that bishop has a decent player approval rating but in actuality they are just afraid to say what they know is true

Regular
    Is Bishop the sole admin? Maybe consider having another person to be admin, at least that decision made can be out of discussion and can lessen the complaints? Surely an additional admin wont harm and will ease the burden for Bishop. That said, I think a player from midrange/lower range KD or a retired player or even someone totally not playing the game (but at least understand the basics of the game) becoming an admin would be best - so we can avoid conspiracy theory.

Nobody is completely unbiased, lets be clear about that.

Flutterby - I disagree with your statement bout cry = cheating. Not everyone can just sit back when they are falsely accused.

my opinion comes from ages of seeing bishops actions...but id like to point out especially to flutt and the others who think its only the cheaters that cry I have never been deleted in the 10 rl years that i have been playing...but my opinion abut bishop stands he needs to go or atleast have a counterpart so he is not all powerful...he has become bitter and now acts without proper reason

Quote Originally Posted by siewpau View Post
    Is Bishop the sole admin? Maybe consider having another person to be admin, at least that decision made can be out of discussion and can lessen the complaints? Surely an additional admin wont harm and will ease the burden for Bishop. That said, I think a player from midrange/lower range KD or a retired player or even someone totally not playing the game (but at least understand the basics of the game) becoming an admin would be best - so we can avoid conspiracy theory.

Nobody is completely unbiased, lets be clear about that.

Flutterby - I disagree with your statement bout cry = cheating. Not everyone can just sit back when they are falsely accused.
    Naww won't matter, any person who sticks his/her head out in such ungrateful position gets flooded with complaints.
    So long this game is divided between growing as big as possible and warring as much as possible while lacking features to make both possible without ending up having to waste lots of time, it will never change. Although none of this means any criticism about the direction of the game or the actions made by admins is suddenly invalid.

I just hope it's somewhat as Palem mentioned a few posts earlier. That when it comes to information being given to the public and any taken into account of feedback and suggestions, just never leaves the circles of the devs and gets linked back to the actual players. Some sort of big misunderstanding and there are actually people still interested and dedicated to improve this game. Heh, long shot on the wishful thinking part seeing reactions and announcements over the past few ages. If scripting things poses problems, one could always take a look at the 'fake' 'inferior' 'rip-off' and see how things did manage to work there or other similar games.
    Things like -2% pop bonus, +5 tpa, -20% instant spell dmg, switching around 2 spells between races.. anyone can come up with that stuff within a few minutes, what actually would be appreciated is some things to make recovering after war easier so you dont end up with unnecessarily long downtime due to having to recover peasants from close to 0.. or severe AW spam by multiple rogues..
    Last edited by wutlol; 29-06-2013 at 02:19.

Does Bishop get paid for his services? I'm assuming not. We should be grateful for the time he puts into this as I'm sure he tries his hardest to make Utopia a fair environment for all of us.
    #sinners <---click to join

agreed he puts a lot of work in and kudos for that but that is not a license to just do whatever you please... and he wouldnt do it if he didnt enjoy having the power that comes with the position... maybe he started off with good intentions but he has obviously become bias and no longer performs his admins duties fairly its as simple as that...something needs to be done about this i liked the idea about having putting another person in power so that bishop's word is no longer law

Quote Originally Posted by Utopiannoob1 View Post
    agreed he puts a lot of work in and kudos for that but that is not a license to just do whatever you please... and he wouldnt do it if he didnt enjoy having the power that comes with the position... maybe he started off with good intentions but he has obviously become bias and no longer performs his admins duties fairly its as simple as that...something needs to be done about this i liked the idea about having putting another person in power so that bishop's word is no longer law
    There may be more to the story, but Bishop does not have to tell the Utopian community what Hellrazor did. Perhaps he doesn't want to even tell Hellrazor what he did because Bishop knows that Hellrazor knows what he did. After a cheater has been caught so many times, I'm sure a time comes when you get tired of explaining to them what rules they broke.
    #sinners <---click to join

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownGhost View Post
    There may be more to the story, but Bishop does not have to tell the Utopian community what Hellrazor did. Perhaps he doesn't want to even tell Hellrazor what he did because Bishop knows that Hellrazor knows what he did. After a cheater has been caught so many times, I'm sure a time comes when you get tired of explaining to them what rules they broke.
    Since we're back at the original topic.. Why is this discussion even going on. If he doesn't want to go into detail about it, or discuss it, why keep the topic open and let all the usual Utopia drama unfold? Just lock it down, take it through some private route.
    Giving incomplete information and blunt sarcastic, even ignorant answers only leads to what it was going on about a moment ago. Inevitable questions about it being a justified decision, same personal biased thing and even questioning if the person deciding is actually someone capable of making a proper decision..

Nothing to see here.

Post Fiend
    If topic is not locked down = usual utopia drama unfold, and peeps complain to lock it down and take to private route.
    If topic IS locked down = more drama, and peeps complain for freedom of speech in forum, mod/adm abuse of forum power n sh1t.

ffs some peeps are impossible to please lol..

and its Hellrazor started the thread, so unless the contents of this thread break some forum rules, it will most probably be allowed to stay open until it dies out.

More times than not people who are caught cheating are the ones that whine and cry about how Bishop is unfair.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by UnknownGhost View Post
    Does Bishop get paid for his services? I'm assuming not. We should be grateful for the time he puts into this as I'm sure he tries his hardest to make Utopia a fair environment for all of us.
    He volunteered, and that I think we should be grateful, doesnt mean his actions cannot be questioned. However, I wont go saying he is bias and not performing without any facts and figures to back it up - even that it is subjective. Again, its hard to be unbiased and it is a thankless job.

Quote Originally Posted by flutterby View Post
    More times than not people who are caught cheating are the ones that whine and cry about how Bishop is unfair.
    Will never know what are the statistics since we will never know for certain if a person cheats or not in every cases. But you could be right.
    Last edited by siewpau; 29-06-2013 at 03:25.

Will never know what are the statistics since we will never know for certain if a person cheats or not in every cases. But you could be right.
    Lets put it in these terms. People who do wrong are usually the ones who are so aggressive in the way they defend themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Bishop doesn't play. He "plays". He has a province, and logs in, but by no means does he try to achieve any kind of actual success in game. Mostly because people like the ones who have just surfaced will scream foul play if he would actually compete.

There are 3 other game devs that I know of and afaik none of them play. Wouldn't you know it, the ideal situation that you would have hoped for is in fact the reality of the situation.

my opinion comes from ages of seeing bishops actions...but id like to point out especially to flutt and the others who think its only the cheaters that cry I have never been deleted in the 10 rl years that i have been playing...but my opinion abut bishop stands he needs to go or atleast have a counterpart so he is not all powerful...he has become bitter and now acts without proper reason
    Bishop answers to the devs.
    Bishop also doesn't ban/delete people without reason. All of the people spouting off about how Bishop is being unfair and this and that don't have the slightest idea of what evidence bishop does or does not have and he is by no means required to share that information with the public forum.

Quote Originally Posted by wutlol View Post
    Things like -2% pop bonus, +5 tpa, -20% instant spell dmg, switching around 2 spells between races.. anyone can come up with that stuff within a few minutes, what actually would be appreciated is some things to make recovering after war easier so you dont end up with unnecessarily long downtime due to having to recover peasants from close to 0.. or severe AW spam by multiple rogues..
    You're right. Adding things like in-game calcs, in-game intel storage, in-game chat, offense calculators, ect are clearly pointless advances for the game to make. (and somehow favor the top kds even though they already have access to these things outside the game?)
    Devs should worry about making the already do-able task of recovering from war easier than it is so that way bad players don't need to learn how to play better. That'll save the game *rolls eyes*

Thread Information