Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Support the game - purchase ads-free utopia!

Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    it's the year 2013, and people still have not heard about ad-block?
    +1

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Websites need to make money to stay alive. This isn't 2001 when ads were bad and full of malware - mehul had terrible ad networks for example. Ads these days (such as the google ads in the game) are customised to users, filterable inside your gmail account and generally heavily vetted before being allowed on any rotation.

The majority of the games income comes from ads. Blocking them hurts the game. Is it really that much of an inconvenience?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Cool, i didnt know you could manage your google ad preferences, that was kind of a neat experience seeing what Google found for my interests. What wasn't listed was anything that would give me ads for whatever the newest game is that uses the 'evony' style of advertizing. Unless boardgames caused that.

Either way, I'm sure I'm willing to pay more to block forum ads than you'll get for my non clicking imprints, just give me the option.
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Websites need to make money to stay alive. This isn't 2001 when ads were bad and full of malware - mehul had terrible ad networks for example. Ads these days (such as the google ads in the game) are customised to users, filterable inside your gmail account and generally heavily vetted before being allowed on any rotation.

The majority of the games income comes from ads. Blocking them hurts the game. Is it really that much of an inconvenience?
    yea, ads by and large are unsightly. It's nothing personal, i block ads everywhere i go, not just here. It vastly enhances the browsing experiences. For example, I never have to sit through youtube ads which are annoying as ****.
    The End of an Era

NoScript Security Suite > Adblock Plus

just so you know ;)

I bought it because Utopia started to sense me when I had adblock on.

i just unblocked ads on uto sites through abp, i agree bishop, old school ads were terrible, these aren't bad, annoying or intrusive, so i put up with them.
    Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn
    Epic White Mage

Post Fiend
    You know why i dont buy anything ingame? Because I can only pay with Paypal. I have NO paypal. And im sick of asking other people to buy me creds. They should get some proper payment options up again. Like before when i could buy creds with my phone.

You can pay with a credit card also.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by LilDutchPrincess View Post
    You know why i dont buy anything ingame? Because I can only pay with Paypal. I have NO paypal. And im sick of asking other people to buy me creds. They should get some proper payment options up again. Like before when i could buy creds with my phone.
    You can use paypal as a one time feature whereby you do not have to sign up for an account...

*edit*

You be wanting :

Choose a way to pay

Don't have a PayPal account?(Optional) Join PayPal for faster future checkout

^^^ Click that and then it is just like ordering anything else online. You input card info, address and voilla. No Pay Pal account needed ^^^
    Last edited by American Badass; 16-07-2013 at 07:16.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    You can pay with a credit card also.
    Hmm doesnt show that on the top up page. But found it now. Not that that helps.
    In netherlands we have debet cards, not credit cards. Hence unless i buy a creditcard i cant pay for anything anymore. The dutch use "Ideal" mostly, allows you to pay with your debet card.
    And no im not buying a creditcard for utopia :P Ill just stare at those ads instead. Just wonder why the paying by mobile phone system suddenly disapeared.

Enthusiast
    In netherlands we have debet cards, not credit cards. Hence unless i buy a creditcard i cant pay for anything anymore. The dutch use "Ideal" mostly, allows you to pay with your debet card.
    And no im not buying a creditcard for utopia :P Ill just stare at those ads instead. Just wonder why the paying by mobile phone system suddenly disapeared.
    As far as I know you can use a debit card (though it isn't recommended for a lot of reasons)

I'm not going to give one more cent to utopia.

Just wonder why the paying by mobile phone system suddenly disapeared.
    It was too expensive

Postaholic
    if you cant even have a silly Visa card then maybe you shouldn't complain at all, lol.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by NoseBlood View Post
    if you cant even have a silly Visa card then maybe you shouldn't complain at all, lol.
    Why would you buy a credit card to buy utopia credits? A bit excessive huh?

Thanks Bishop for the answer. Too bad.

Thread Information