Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dealbreakers vs HoH

I don't count HoH as Abs, just opportunists. When you say Abs I think, Rage/Sanc/Mercy/Dragons/Trinity.....
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyRabbit View Post
    Wrong. Rage broke deal when refuse to war. We broke CF with Rage.

Nothing to see here.
    all the logs i saw posted mentioned only an agreement for cf with notice until yr 3. you keep repeating that you had an arrangement to war but i never saw that proof. can you show me those logs where rage agreed to war you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lykron View Post
    all the logs i saw posted mentioned only an agreement for cf with notice until yr 3. you keep repeating that you had an arrangement to war but i never saw that proof. can you show me those logs where rage agreed to war you ?
    You're 15 episodes behind , there is a new season out there.

Rage left the show and HOH is the new drama queen.
    Jesters - Legacy - RoughKnecks - Strippers

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by flutterby View Post
    I don't count HoH as Abs, just opportunists. When you say Abs I think, Rage/Sanc/Mercy/Dragons/Trinity.....
    No Edge, Pansies, PlayBoys? Maybe I'm remembering a different age :P

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TitusAN View Post
    You're 15 episodes behind , there is a new season out there.

Rage left the show and HOH is the new drama queen.
    + 1

Post Fiend
    jss is so dreamy

so who's FARMiNG now?

summary please..

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by strippersFTW View Post
    your right endub 3vs1 was not enough to secure the advantage against our ghetto they should of went 4vs1 then maybe they stand a chance?

common now you all suppose to be the best of the best why you need more kingdoms to secure advantage
    3v1 is not enough to beat u down w/out slowing down any growth and stay competitive in the top. If they full 3v1 u thats 100% focus and it takes a time. 5 or 6 can destroy u in a day or two Or can each only half participate. its not just strippers they are fighting against remember, there are actually good kds they have to face too

Quote Originally Posted by endub View Post
    Not CF them and then what?
    and then theres like 5-10 kds above them (back when the fight started) who get free land. Now you've let em build banky people and catch up in size, gonna make life suck when they start deal breaking pewpew, AMA or swea any time doing so gives an advantage. appeasement and ignoring someone u know isnt trustworthy is never a good thing.
    Last edited by Persain; 08-07-2013 at 18:46.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    3v1 is not enough to beat u down w/out slowing down any growth and stay competitive in the top. If they full 3v1 u thats 100% focus and it takes a time. 5 or 6 can destroy u in a day or two Or can each only half participate. its not just strippers they are fighting against remember, there are actually good kds they have to face too

and then theres like 5-10 kds above them (back when the fight started) who get free land. Now you've let em build banky people and catch up in size, gonna make life suck when they start deal breaking pewpew, AMA or swea any time doing so gives an advantage. appeasement and ignoring someone u know isnt trustworthy is never a good thing.
    Thats true

Post Fiend
    Need to correct a couple things here. Rage's original CF with Debauchery/FSM had nothing about a war in it. In fact, Silva himself said it was a CF "with a view to extending". Feel free to look at my post history for the logs of the conversation. Whomever it is who keeps saying that we "broke our word" about warring is just making it up. There was never an agreement to war. They just dealbroke straight up, then bragged they could win even if they didn't dealbreak (But refused to give the acres back and war on legit terms).

As for the withdrawal, that's simply my fault but not an act of malice. I was led to understand that night that our allies would prefer we simply stop rather than spend days more razekilling, for various reasons which are probably not interesting to most people. When Cody, at the end of the diplomacy (which was pasted earlier in this thread) changed it so that hoh didn't get a cf to wipe relations, I made a mistake because I had asked him to restore their previous CF and I thought he was not going to give them back that CF. I was not aware until after I withdrew that HoH would face a war out of it, for 2 reasons. Firstly I made a mistake and thought debauchery/FSM was still going to clear relations but was going to then wave them, and secondly I thought it would just be the wave for range reasons.

People make mistakes, even in Absalom.

Back to the first thing I responded to ... I find it a little sad that even after getting a warwin out of dealbreaking, Debauchery/FSM still feels the need to lie. The order of events is very clear:

1.) Silva in-game mails me about doing a CF with 96-hour notice.
    2.) We talk on IRC and negotiate a deal to January 1st, YR3, and in Silva's words "with a view to extending". At no time was war ever discussed during this negotiation.
    3.) Some days later I approached Silva for an extension, which he at first seemed willing to give, but then later he said no way.
    4.) On June, YR2 a new player in Rage informed me of a threat from a 3rd party to wave us before debauchery/FSM would be able to.
    5.) On July, YR2 I talked to cody and let him know there was potentially another kd who might wave us. It's clear in the logs (which are also posted in the previous thread) that I said Rage would not be initiating any hostile. We have never run from fights.
    6.) On July 24th, YR2, before notice was even eligible to be given, Debauch/FSM dealbroke and hit both our cows and then proceeded to steal much gold and we also "mysteriously" got plundered several times while in fort before the actual fight.

There was never any "agreement to war" included with our CF which they dealbroke, and it's clear from the various logs posted all over the place that they were quite aware that dealbreaking dramatically shifted the odds in the war for them. I was quite polite and congratulated them on capitalizing on the advantages they made for themselves. There's no need to lie. If you're going to dealbreak, then own it.

Strategy Moderator
    They cant own it or kds like pewpew, ama and swea would have a clear 100% obvious reason to just gb and be done. doding things lets abs look like the bad guy and elit/mansoor would rather see abs get screwed then come to their aid. Be intersting to see what happens when the next dealbreak leads to a massive acre gain.

Quote Originally Posted by flutterby View Post
    Not sure how that pertains to anything since I made it very clear I was talking about HoHs loyalty from the very start, so it doesn't really matter how you count them.

Regardless, they have treated some of those kingdoms you mention just as badly and had similar problems as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Drixx
    We have never run from fights.
    lol. gooby pls.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

#tactics

I'll McGovern you up, son. Wait, you know who McGovern was, right?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Drixx View Post
    Need to correct a couple things here. Rage's original CF with Debauchery/FSM had nothing about a war in it. In fact, Silva himself said it was a CF "with a view to extending". Feel free to look at my post history for the logs of the conversation. Whomever it is who keeps saying that we "broke our word" about warring is just making it up. There was never an agreement to war. They just dealbroke straight up, then bragged they could win even if they didn't dealbreak (But refused to give the acres back and war on legit terms).

As for the withdrawal, that's simply my fault but not an act of malice. I was led to understand that night that our allies would prefer we simply stop rather than spend days more razekilling, for various reasons which are probably not interesting to most people. When Cody, at the end of the diplomacy (which was pasted earlier in this thread) changed it so that hoh didn't get a cf to wipe relations, I made a mistake because I had asked him to restore their previous CF and I thought he was not going to give them back that CF. I was not aware until after I withdrew that HoH would face a war out of it, for 2 reasons. Firstly I made a mistake and thought debauchery/FSM was still going to clear relations but was going to then wave them, and secondly I thought it would just be the wave for range reasons.

People make mistakes, even in Absalom.

Back to the first thing I responded to ... I find it a little sad that even after getting a warwin out of dealbreaking, Debauchery/FSM still feels the need to lie. The order of events is very clear:

1.) Silva in-game mails me about doing a CF with 96-hour notice.
    2.) We talk on IRC and negotiate a deal to January 1st, YR3, and in Silva's words "with a view to extending". At no time was war ever discussed during this negotiation.
    3.) Some days later I approached Silva for an extension, which he at first seemed willing to give, but then later he said no way.
    4.) On June, YR2 a new player in Rage informed me of a threat from a 3rd party to wave us before debauchery/FSM would be able to.
    5.) On July, YR2 I talked to cody and let him know there was potentially another kd who might wave us. It's clear in the logs (which are also posted in the previous thread) that I said Rage would not be initiating any hostile. We have never run from fights.
    6.) On July 24th, YR2, before notice was even eligible to be given, Debauch/FSM dealbroke and hit both our cows and then proceeded to steal much gold and we also "mysteriously" got plundered several times while in fort before the actual fight.

There was never any "agreement to war" included with our CF which they dealbroke, and it's clear from the various logs posted all over the place that they were quite aware that dealbreaking dramatically shifted the odds in the war for them. I was quite polite and congratulated them on capitalizing on the advantages they made for themselves. There's no need to lie. If you're going to dealbreak, then own it.
    This might help your memory with regards to 2 and 3. From what I see, I was being unreasonable for not giving CF when Rage had cornered themselves by accepting CFs with all the top KDs knowing full well that they only had a 1 week CF with us (Strippers/debauchery/FSMz/Dealbreakers). Then came the constant pressuring to extend CF, growing the cows to 4x their original size and finding out they were short of time to prepare for end of CF with us. I am not here to debate the legitimacy of our actions but rather the questionable nature upon which these facts are presented. I am also finding from my logs atm where it is we had a clear understanding to war do not want to paste too much unnecessary stuff:

Drixx I don't understand why you're worried about giving us an extension
    Drixx can you walk me through what's worrying you?
    Drixx because you refusing basically means I can't pump or prepare for anyone
    Drixx you are essentially ensuring that I can't fight anyone on even ground all age
    Drixx and **** man, I have 4 empty provs in the last few hours
    Drixx check this **** out
    Drixx February 19 of YR2 Staying in the darkest shadows, The Wealthy slips out of the proud lord said unnoticed, never to be seen again.
    Drixx February 22 of YR2 Staying in the darkest shadows, Simon slips out of and not a soul unnoticed, never to be seen again.
    Drixx March 2 of YR2 Staying in the darkest shadows, goat slips out of In a coat of gold unnoticed, never to be seen again.
    Drixx March 2 of YR2 Staying in the darkest shadows, wine slips out of or a coat of red unnoticed, never to be seen again.
    Silva what is going on there?
    Silva people mass leaving the kd after one war loss?!
    Silva i would've thought rage would be built on a more solid core. but u have my blessings in sorting it out.
    Drixx this is why I'm asking you to cf me
    Drixx so I have time to sort it out
    Drixx and those people we knew were a risk for this when we took them on
    Drixx it worked for a few ages
    Drixx it stopped working today
    Silva i think you are aware of my situation as well. there is no incentive for me to give you an extension, and it can only work against my kd.
    Drixx what can you do right?
    Drixx I'm not actually aware of your situation to a great extent
    Silva drixx, if i was #1 kd in the world, and double your size, even in that situation i would give u a CF.
    Silva infer what u will from that as to my situation.
    Silva u are clearly a smart person.
    Drixx there's too many unknowns
    Drixx I /think/ you were a leader in hoh up until last age
    Silva lol
    Drixx that's about all I know about your kd
    Silva i joined HoH last age.
    Silva only for one age.
    Drixx see, I don't know the first thing about your kd
    Silva because there was an understanding between kygal and i, that i would go over and crown with hoh
    Drixx you're being all cryptic and asking me to read between lines I don't see
    Silva rage got half the crown (congrats)
    Silva so we shared the spoils. i also know how much trouble u guys gave kygal last age. not u, but abs in general.
    Silva i do not bear grudges on behalf of her.
    Silva i do what is best for my kd in any given situation.
    Silva i prefer that my kd remains an unknown quantity
    Silva myself included.
    Drixx I'm just asking for a favor
    Drixx the person kygal was mad at has stepped away from actively leading
    Drixx in the ensuing vacuum of who would take over I tried to let someone else do it
    Drixx he **** the bed
    Drixx then quit rather than work it out
    Drixx so now I'm the monarch but I've lost 5 of my best players
    Silva There are only a few outcomes to our relationship: If i give you CF, and you get CF with BB, you explore up and pump all the way, and you will become a threat to my kd. We war. This is your ideal scenario.
    Silva If you are engaged with BB, then I have no idea why you would want to do that other than to teach them a lesson - u will not get intereference from us anyway. So CF requirement averted.
    Drixx so you're worried that if you cf us we'll come back to haunt you?
    Silva If you are not engaged with BB, that leaves u with 1 week to pump assuming we cannot agree to an extension closer to yr3.
    Silva you could say that.
    Silva but that's not the only factor.
    Silva we are only driven this age to war the best.
    Silva and rage is the best.
    Silva we would not mind warring you.
    Drixx Rage was the best
    Drixx it remains to be seen if I can keep us the best
    Drixx I'm looking for like year5 here
    Drixx I'm not asking for you to give me all age to pump
    Silva give me tonight to think about it. i think you are a good guy, and we are all fighting for the best cause for our kd.
    Silva i will also consult my kd.
    Silva as we set goals together this age.
    Silva btw, we can still do that CF in-game on the original terms at the moment.
    Silva drixx, i think you have a mountain of a task to revert rage to a respectable outfit. in all honesty, you should just go and lead another kd where there isn't as much baggage. this endeavour of yours will cause your hair to turn grey if not already!!
    Silva this is frmo me to you personally. but other than that, if you are happy with your new role in the kd, then good for u
    Silva u will have my utmost respect if u can turn this around - i know you still have some very good players within the kd who can help. gdluck.
    Drixx I want to be the guy who keeps Rage going and returns it to the Rage that the rest of the game admired and rooted for
    Drixx I think that's a challenge worth aspiring to
    Silva i wasn't around when rage were admired and rooted for to be fair. long sabbatical from the game lol.
    Silva when i came back, there was alr quite a bit of hate.
    Last edited by Silvapwns; 08-07-2013 at 19:38. Reason: Logs paste was not everything i had.

Post Fiend
    Yes ... I never said I didn't try to get an extension, nor did I deny that at that time you said you wanted to war. But there was no requirement for us to war you attached to our original CF discussion, so the excuse "we dealbroke them because they refused to war us" couldn't possibly hold any water, even if we had gotten to some situation where we avoided warring you.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvapwns View Post
    This might help your memory with regards to 2 and 3. From what I see, I was being unreasonable for not giving CF when Rage had cornered themselves by accepting CFs with all the top KDs knowing full well that they only had a 1 week CF with us (Strippers/debauchery/FSMz/Dealbreakers). Then came the constant pressuring to extend CF, growing the cows to 4x their original size and finding out they were short of time to prepare for end of CF with us. I am not here to debate the legitimacy of our actions but rather the questionable nature upon which these facts are presented. I am also finding from my logs atm where it is we had a clear understanding to war do not want to paste too much unnecessary stuff:
    proving the legitimacy of your actions is what you should be doing if you don't want the name "dealbreakers" to stick to your kd. i am still waiting for those logs...

Thread Information