Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running without banks

Running without banks

Just wondering if it would be doable to run an Elf/Mystic attacker without banks durring a war. Looking at a build like this:

10% Home
    8% Farms
    10% TG
    10% Rax
    13% GS
    10% Hosp
    13% Guild
    13% Tower
    13% TD or WTs(depending on rogue heavy kingdom or not)

What should I look for as far as raw WPA/TPA and Def/elites?

you can do it, but if I saw that on an elf mystic province, I would very simply keep riots and greed on you and then I would kidnap you down to 4 ppa. They I would ignore you the rest of the war and concentrate on ruining everyone else. At that point, you are no longer an attacker at all and, unless you are increadibly effective as a mage, you are most likely useless. If you do turn out to be effective, I would send one or two AW runs on you and then for sure, just ignore you.

Post Fiend
    9/10 of my kd run 0% banks during war.

Try 30%+ homes to achieve the goal you desire.

Forum Fanatic
    wasting 30% of your land on homes sure isn't good. raise your science instead and put the land into something more useful.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

eh? homes 30%? really?

unless you're warring a nub kd, keep 25-30% WT otherwise you're going to get AW out the ass

Post Fiend
    Yes. Really. Don't listen to the anti-home propagandists, run it for yourself and then decide for yourself.

Explanation/details in other thread, namely dwarf sage thread.

im a fan of high homes too. they basically pay for themselves. higher BE means you need less of each of the other buildings to get the same #s. not recommended for those easily FB'd or kidnapped.

Last age as an elf mystic, during one war I had :
    35% Homes
    25% WT
    12% Guilds
    15% Towers
    8% Farms
    5% Libs

I was safe from hits and it worked rather well. The bonus BE was great and i was able to have a ton of wpa/tpa/dspa while still having good ppa.
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spahrep View Post
    Last age as an elf mystic, during one war I had :
    35% Homes
    25% WT
    12% Guilds
    15% Towers
    8% Farms
    5% Libs

I was safe from hits and it worked rather well. The bonus BE was great and i was able to have a ton of wpa/tpa/dspa while still having good ppa.
    what kind of spec/elite distribution did you have?

For that war i was trying to run a unbreakable static province so i was 100% dspec.
    With those homes + science + prince pop bonus i was running 108% BE
    As the war went on and the max offense of the other KD dropped i started to build elflords to help attack.
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

Post Fiend
    I would recommend the following:

4 tpa, 6 wpa, 8 ppa, 10 dpa, 4-5 epa w/ the rest. This won't give u 'unbreakable' defense, nor will it give you total offense to break anyone, but you will have great defense w/ all army home plus decent defense when sending out w/ a decent attack, just attack people who have sent out/have low defense. That would yield a very nice wpa/tpa as well. If you want more attack/defense capabilities, go as low as 6-8 pez per acre, bump def per acre up to 12 and rest elites.

Yes, I am aware that this is 32 total pop per acre. My KD and I consider '32' to be sort of the 'minimal' # of pop per acre, any lower than this and you are doing something(s) wrong. My kd and I typically run 35-40 pop per acre. Can't figure out how to get this high? Maybe go back and read more of my posts/others who agree w/ me and see what we all had/have to say.

One more tip: Consider WT'ers, but they won't save you.

A decent war build would be something like:
    36% homes
    5% farms
    10% towers (thieves will love you if you keep a stockpile, so don't sit on a ton of runes, get them and use them and aid most of your hoard away).
    10% guilds
    8% Forts
    8% TG
    8% Hospital
    15% TD or WT

Remember, you're an elf mystic; if you wanted to attack hardcore, you should have chose a race that is better suited for it. Don't try to play to your weaknesses, if you are going to attack, keep it on the back burner to being a mystic.
    Last edited by SirVanir; 15-07-2013 at 00:16.

I wasn't dreaming of being a heavy attacker, i just wanted to be able to gather a few acres while we're in war. Mystic comes first, but if i can attack a little too, that's what i'm looking for. I hadn't thought of going so high on homes but i'll give it a shot; seems a lot of people like high homes %.

Thanks for the responses.

Post Fiend
    Actually, very, very few people like/agree w/ me and the "crazies" that preach high homes.

This thread just miraculously hasn't been flamed to death yet by the 'home haters'.

The fact that someone else came on and agreed that it is good, quite frankly, astounds me.

But that is neither here nor there :D. Maybe other people are finally starting to come around :D.

I haven't even mentioned libraries: When you get to 500 bpa, consider building 10% libraries, and 5% more for every 250 above that. Just lower every 'expendable' building down 1-2% to build the libs, don't lower essential buildings like guilds/homes/farms (which should already be as low as possible).
    Last edited by SirVanir; 15-07-2013 at 01:09.

SirVanir I have a number of questions:
    What BE are you getting with 36% homes and that draft?
    I thought I had seen the math showing that for non sage library were basically 1% per bpa after 5%, what you are saying is very different. Do you have math to back this up or is it empirical/trial_&_error?
    The hospital/TG are because you are not UB, how do you find your durability when you are hit? are you targeted often or do you only get hit after the high offense provs have been chained down.

I've been running UB T/M for a while, but thinking of taking a forey into something else :P
    Also <3 homes :)
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto

Thread Information