Thread: Elf/Mystic discussion

Elf/Mystic discussion

How do you run your elf mystics? Offensive or defensively? what raw numbers do you run for your troops? My current plan is 9dspec 9 elites 5 wpa 3 tpa with 4 ppa.

It is never nice to see a thread ignored. I will get back to this when time allows.

5wpa, 5tpa, 12dspec, 0 eliete, 8ppa.
    This only works if you can remain un-hit in the war, otherwise you have no good way to get land back.
    Also dont underestimate ospecs for attacking, a races ospecs defend ambush at the dspec value. so your ospecs defend at 5 vs ambush, that makes it very costly to ambush them.
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

12dspa? wouldnt that only result in 67.2 dpa? i feel like dpa that low would get slaughtered.

i just grew 800 acres in the last war (from 1700 to 2500 acres) so my science is pure crap right now :(

Enthusiast
    grow some balls, go elf attacker
    the only way to win is if you're willing to die - otherwise Elf is just a Faery without thievery, a full spellbook, or defense, in exchange for slightly higher wpa and extra mana.
    i'd be more worried about massacre and chain than AW tbh, AW is not as much of a guaranteed thing due to how strong WT can be, assuming you did the smart thing and built lots.
    a lot of success depends on having heavy attackers or banks that a kingdom would want to chain before the elf, so the enemy has to make a tough choice... chain/mass the elf and let the others go free, or chain the others and let the elf grow to where they can be unbreakable as big offenses drop.

incoming acres allows for a lot of dynamic strategies that faery can't do, why an Elf would refuse to use them is just silly.
    the problem is that elf can never defend against everything, but this is true even if they're pure t/m.

add in 15% forts to your build and keep minor protection rocking.
    Like i said, this only works when you are UB. You keep ntrading off ppa/dspa to be at the correct value.
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

Enthusiast
    anyway my preference for elf is 9-10epa, 2-3tpa, whatever wpa can be pumped and the rest as defense. drop peasants as low as they can go, since magic doesn't care about BE.
    build is heavy on forts and watchtowers, with training grounds, stables, hospitals, and gs being good as well. forts+gs+hospitals will punish anyone who tries a land chain, which most smart kingdoms would try to do. 10% guilds to start war, minimal towers at war start (build them on incoming acres instead)
    science is overwhelmingly tilted towards channeling, using war win rewards to raise alchemy+housing.
    later on build will include libraries in order to maximize wpa
    learn attacks are super useful, and the only way for an elf to get really good science since they lack any econ bonus or the overpoweredness of tog+fok
    once elf reaches count+ honor, they're able to widen the range of strategies available and use honor bonuses to make up for their weak army efficiency.

early age elf should almost always been heavily slanted towards attacking in order to accrue honor bonuses sooner. no reward without risk, and elf is risking a lot less earlier in age than later
    Last edited by idiocy; 22-07-2013 at 05:13.

Thread Information