Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm really sick of these OOH hits.

I like angry Palem.
    S E C R E T S

Regular
    I'm joking with you Palem, In all honesty I think you should be petitioning for the removal of the target finder. People using phones from work rarely have the time to check papers, and having low nwpa provinces listed there with no kingdom name assigned signalling their hostile status does create a problem. I'm sure you would find there was no malice intended or else they would of hit you quite a few more times. I'm just saying there could be a simple explanation and not purposeful reason for them hitting you. One could assume this could be the factor in all the previous 'outside" attack you suffered this age or at least a great portion of them.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by xX NBK Xx View Post
    In all honesty I think you should be petitioning for the removal of the target finder.
    ha! good luck with that!

When people are looking for a decent target to hit, do you really think they are going to snatch news on every target and then take a SoT? Sometimes you drain all your stealth just to find a single decent plunder target... taking SoT + SN will drop the amount you can take in 1/2.

If they are a kd that looks to be purposefully hitting into a hostile then that is lame... but sometimes there is an honest mistake of someone just trying to find a target and not look at news.

I doubt very much KDs currently around 10M nw use the target finder and are oblivious to kingdom tags....
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

I have to agree with Spah. Larger kingdoms don't use the ingame target finder and certainly do pay attention to tags. So...... yeah they are just idiots.

Time to stop tagging Hostile obviously. Its accomplishing the exact opposite of what you want it to.

" Palems KD Hostile only if your a ghetto. (XX:XX) "

:D

Post Demon
    I rarely bother checking news on tagged kd's when stealing these days. Stealth is precious and tags are abused constantly. Some kd's I observed keeping tags for weeks at a time deliberatly.

Aren't they the same Douchebags who farmed their only ww this age? They have a habit of hitting into hostiles.

so something ive been saying for ages that got pooped on by the person creating the thread - nice when it happens to your kingdom hey.

ITS NOT HARD TO GET A SNATCH NEWS BEFORE HITTING!
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com | Utopia | UtopiaWiki | uTools
    YouTube: Official fuZZy Video | Official ZZ Theme Music
    Jerk by nature. 1 Bogdan to rule them all!

Postaholic
    If you talking about 'Disturbed' kd, i can confirm they hitted into our hostiles alot aswell.

Hope to return the favor soon :)

Quote Originally Posted by citadela01 View Post
    I rarely bother checking news on tagged kd's when stealing these days. Stealth is precious and tags are abused constantly. Some kd's I observed keeping tags for weeks at a time deliberatly.
    yea, you like to keep track when kds leave eowcf, and plunder/rob, nothing wrong ofc, just damn annoying :D
    Last edited by NoseBlood; 16-07-2013 at 19:57.

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    So basically you're too lazy to grab a snatch news and would rather be a scumbag taking advantage of other people's fights.
    I'm going to have to agree with Araqiel here.
    If SN was a 1% op of similar difficulty to SoT then yes I probably would spare stealth for a try or two but as things stand now it requires a non trivial amount of a very finite resource with multiple applications, I have better things to spend my stealth on.
    The hostile tag is abused more often than not so while I don't intentionally target somebody's hostile neither do I go out of my way to avoid it, it's too much of a hassle to just find out that they're faketagging which is what it comes down to most of the time.
    Last edited by Elldallan; 16-07-2013 at 20:57.

Needs to get out more
    Can't complain, but I still do - ;-) Thanks for bringing attention Palem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    On the contrary with the lower player base not every top 10 kingdom has the ability to recruit pro recruits so yes they do have some nubs in the kingdom that do use target finders, especially if they are at work , at a party or have 2 minutes to hit. All a bit of a over- reaction if you ask me. 10 hits sure, that's a bit much of a co-incidence. Two prov's hitting that's just a mistake.

All blown way out of proportion if you ask me. They didn't farm there war win it was a legitimate war win and might I add i think they were double hostile and and still won that war while having a province raze killed, seems like a lot of speculation here with no hard facts. Larger kingdoms do use the target finder as its simple, quick and for the most part the provinces listed for the smaller guys in the kingdom are all from smaller kingdoms thus safe land grabs. Point being they could of hit 10 times or more if they were real douches, they didn't. Enough said really this is all just baseless speculation.

And as Palem said he is sick of it because it has happened on multiple occasions this age to him. I think the kingdom name should be listed in the target finder so people tagged hostile can be clearly seen and avoided. If a kingdom is smaller I rarely if ever check their kingdom page, as lets face it they are smaller they usually don't retal . I've checked the snatch news for both kingdoms,

They could of hit Palem more, seems that when they realized what was happening they halted hits, and that's a douche move ? were talking about 3 hits here. not a full wave, how three hits can be considered on purpose with two of those 3 hits coming from one prov is beyond me. Give credit where credit is due the fact remains they could of continued with the hits and although the situation sucks Palem has said this has happened multiple times to him, so either they were all on purpose each kingdom that did it or there are some genuine mistakes, most relating to the lack of kingdom name in the target finder. Ofc some are douche moves but considering the size of the kingdom involved. They showed restraint even when a post like this was made attempting to organize a gang bang, they showed restraint and realized a mistake had been made.

Either way hater's are just gonna hate and there is nothing you can do about that. An no it isn't hard to snatch news before hitting but whats the point when you fail 3 sots then fail three snatch new's and loose 550 thieves or so in some cases. People rather do an SOM get the defense numbers and go from there, you can't expect people to waste stealth and thieves to losses when this could all be avoided by adding Kingdom names in a sidebar on the target finder. I rather look for solutions to problems than sitting there accusing everyone of foul play which is totally baseless.

I do feel sorry for Palem and can understand his frustration but quite simply they could of attacked more, they didn't. When the mistake was noticed they seemed to stop. A little credit where credit is due. If the target finder is going to be a part of the game from now on surely we have to accept it wasn't going to be perfect in its first round of implementation, so lets makes suggestions and tweak it in some way so things like this can be avoided in the future rounds. I'm sure if it was a great number of the hit's early in the round Palem received it would then leave no doubt in anyone's mind that a douche move had been undertaken.

I just simply don't think that was the case in this scenario. Sure it sucked but a lot more damage could of been inflicted but it wasn't. I do expect much more post's similar to this one through out the age as I don't think it will be a problem that is going to go away over night until the target finder is altered at the very least. It is frustrating and and similar hits have occurred against my kingdom when tagged hostile. I simply don't foresee this problem going away any time soon, unless we all start petitioning for the tweaking of the target finder by added an extra column with the kingdom name at the side. Then i do expect there will be a dramatic decrease in these types of mistakes.
    Last edited by xX NBK Xx; 16-07-2013 at 22:08.

Quote Originally Posted by xX NBK Xx View Post
    Wall of text tl:dr
    There's this thing called formatting, please learn how to use it.
    Nobody is going to read your post when it looks like that.

Post Demon
    Unless it's war then it isn't anything. Until hostile becomes an official game status rather than moron monarchs changing their KD name at the drop of a hat then it is fair game. I'm so bored of all the nitwits who constantly change their KD name to indicate some kind of status or other of their kingdom. It's a KD name ffs...show some sense and leave it the same for the whole Age and people might actually respect the kingdom.

Thread Information