Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm really sick of these OOH hits.

As long as people is tagging "false" hostiles, other kds are going to hit into them. A bigger kd waves into a smaller one thats absolutly not going to take the fight, and then tags "hostile" to get free science or land ... People should hit into kds tagged "hostile" as long as most of them are actually not. No need to waste stealth as the big majority lies anyway. To bad for the ones that use it correctly, they should probebly stop doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    I have to agree with Spah. Larger kingdoms don't use the ingame target finder and certainly do pay attention to tags. So...... yeah they are just idiots.
    there is an ingame target finder?
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

I just want to say if it is Disturbed, that they hit into our Hostile as well.
    Last edited by bpitchfo; 16-07-2013 at 23:01. Reason: update

Hostile tags are the best target finders in the game if you play in the ghetto's. free hit/hits and just play dumb if target KD complains. Why waste stealth on SN when you can use it robbing gold
    The 4 Horsemen

*A cult worships their leader who is alive and well. A religion worships the same guy except he is dead.

Many people hit kingdoms tagged Hostile because of a few reasons.

1) Too much fake tagging so people dont bother to check.
    2) If your hostile with someone else, chances are your not going to waste a hit retalling someone not in your hostile.
    3) Generally if your in a hostile, people in the kingdom are going to have gc stocked.

That pretty much sums it up, its **** play and I also hate it, but its what happens. Adding game mechanics to have a true hostile meter tag wont change anything, people are still going to do it. Unless you actually put in negative gains for kingdoms who have high points on the meter with another kingdom - though that seems like somehow it could be abused.
    - = Paintrain = -

Veteran
    I find the idea that you can can claim the right not to be hit from a tag ridicules. It is good that there are no penalties for hitting into a kingdom that is hostile with another. Everything should be a choice based on risk and reward. If you hit into someone's hostile they might come back for you afterwards. If you choose to extend your hostile you kd might recieve randoms or your bank might get plundered because he's so god damn juicy. Rather then QQing in the forums you should go take your revenge on them.

They don't hit only tagged kingdoms, apparently they go out of their way to find hostiles to hit into (their low number of hits is given by their lack of targets in those kingdoms). It's pretty tough hurting a kingdom who is just happy being a mediocre whoring kingdom anyway. So why would anyone bother?

Their first ww was farmed (there is a thread here about it).

The perfect solution: Don't drag out hostile.

Seriously, I never pay attention to hostile tags. I don't hunt specifically for kingdoms tagged hostile and I won't ignore a juicy plunder just because the monarch changed the kingdom name. I have better things to do with my stealth than to snatch news.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    The perfect solution: Don't drag out hostile.

Seriously, I never pay attention to hostile tags. I don't hunt specifically for kingdoms tagged hostile and I won't ignore a juicy plunder just because the monarch changed the kingdom name. I have better things to do with my stealth than to snatch news.
    Another 'scumbag' like me :p

i'm thinking Mr. Palem never had to deal with Abs who were hunting for acres ... if you don't hold hands, they will take your acres, same with pretty much any other big kd. This thread resembles a spoiled kid having his toy taken from him. At least that's what it makes me think of ... God know how many hits i took from bigger kds and had to eat it .. so i don't see the point of this cry thread. It's a game, it goes on , stuff happens, deal with it.

P.S. I wouldn't waste stealth on snatch news either. Only thing i do check though is the kd page to see if there's a war and the size of the kd i hit in, so i don't get retaled too hard if i hit :P

I don't think anyone was talking about gc, just about land hits. People shouldn't hoard enough gc in a hostile to make people want to steal/plunder, especially since they can evenly distribute that and/or pay for a dragon.

Sometimes you just have to drag out the hostile. Most kingdoms don't declare instantly anyway as they can't get people online in a short notice and just a couple of hours are enough to get outside hits from the above mentioned Douchebags.

Later edit: Believe it or not big kingdoms don't hit into hostiles on purpose (big kingdoms do have a lot of active noobs though, who will make mistakes from time to time). That won't stop them from getting your acres if your kingdom can't defend them at any other time.
    Last edited by ZaDude; 17-07-2013 at 09:09.

Forum Fanatic
    maybe palem's suggestion is that people intentionally hit into hostiles since there is lesser chance of retal?
    certainly plausible...

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaDude View Post
    They don't hit only tagged kingdoms, apparently they go out of their way to find hostiles to hit into (their low number of hits is given by their lack of targets in those kingdoms). It's pretty tough hurting a kingdom who is just happy being a mediocre whoring kingdom anyway. So why would anyone bother?

Their first ww was farmed (there is a thread here about it).
    You might want to check your facts, Perhaps ask Bishop even. That was a first war Mutual peace. no win. The win was from a double hostile and a raze to 7 acres of a province. Which was won against the odds in min time. They were categorically farmed after the first war. But they bounced back and did a whole lot less crying than everyone here seems to be doing over 3 hits. If you show up on the target finder in the war room as 135nwpa or less and as someone hitting off a phone you don't always waste stealth on snatch news or waste time when your at work checking kingdom and so forth, you get a SOT see they are not at war and you hit. It's quite simple and logical.

Palem stated this wasn't the first time a kingdom had done so this age, and I dare say it was the first time from that kingdom. So it's not like they sent in a full wave which they could of, the underlying issue is the target finder although useful has caused Palem headaches in the past and most likely will in the future. Perhaps listing kingdom names or tags in the targets finder, or even a small bit of text at the bottom of a SOT indicating the kingdom is hostile could prevent the problem in the future. I can understand Palems' frustration though everyone has to accept that it happens to everyone on the server no kingdom has impunity from those events.

And yes some top kingdom do actually use the target finder when they are forced to attack off their phone at work, or on the bus, or driving in their car. Don't hate the player hate the game. No rules were broken. No full waves tantamount to a double hostile were employed either. So no I don't see what everyone's problem is . Threatening gang bangs over 3 hits is just childish.

Forum Fanatic
    did TFC ever rob into people's EOWCFs?

Quote Originally Posted by xX NBK Xx View Post
    You might want to check your facts, Perhaps ask Bishop even. That was a first war Mutual peace. no win. The win was from a double hostile and a raze to 7 acres of a province. Which was won against the odds in min time. They were categorically farmed after the first war. But they bounced back and did a whole lot less crying than everyone here seems to be doing over 3 hits. If you show up on the target finder in the war room as 135nwpa or less and as someone hitting off a phone you don't always waste stealth on snatch news or waste time when your at work checking kingdom and so forth, you get a SOT see they are not at war and you hit. It's quite simple and logical.

Palem stated this wasn't the first time a kingdom had done so this age, and I dare say it was the first time from that kingdom. So it's not like they sent in a full wave which they could of, the underlying issue is the target finder although useful has caused Palem headaches in the past and most likely will in the future. Perhaps listing kingdom names or tags in the targets finder, or even a small bit of text at the bottom of a SOT indicating the kingdom is hostile could prevent the problem in the future. I can understand Palems' frustration though everyone has to accept that it happens to everyone on the server no kingdom has impunity from those events.

And yes some top kingdom do actually use the target finder when they are forced to attack off their phone at work, or on the bus, or driving in their car. Don't hate the player hate the game. No rules were broken. No full waves tantamount to a double hostile were employed either. So no I don't see what everyone's problem is . Threatening gang bangs over 3 hits is just childish.
    You're probably talking about a different kingdom.

It's not a target finder issue (although I agree that it needs fixing). They don't hit optimal fat provinces, they just hit hostile kingdoms for the free land.

That being said, this topic is about the prevalence of this behaviour and what can be done against it.
    Last edited by ZaDude; 17-07-2013 at 11:03.

Thread Information