Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm really sick of these OOH hits.

Regular
    That depends What kingdom are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by xX NBK Xx View Post
    That depends What kingdom are you talking about?
    Not exactly relevant for the purpose of this thread IMO. I don't like target sharing.

Regular
    That depends really I've seen the kingdom I run mentioned already in this thread, So you have garnered my interest.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaDude View Post
    You're probably talking about a different kingdom.

It's not a target finder issue (although I agree that it needs fixing). They don't hit optimal fat provinces, they just hit hostile kingdoms for the free land.

That being said, this topic is about the prevalence of this behaviour and what can be done against it.
    Hitting into someone's hostile is not against the game rules. So you cannot expect others not to hit into your hostile nor demand that from them. If you feel mistreated by a hit into your hostile you should hunt them down and bring the fight to them. Tagging up as hostile, rebuilding, no war, please don't hit me or whatever is at best a polite request not to attack. It holds absolutely no value when it comes to game rules.

Such acts should be resolved in game with retals, deplomacy or have a friendly kingdom get them of your back. Not with changing game mechanics or comming up with unwritten rules that you expect others to follow

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I do feel sorry for Palem and can understand his frustration but quite simply they could of attacked more, they didn't.
    I'm going to use this explanation when I use 3 kds to seek my revenge. I didn't use 10, so I guess I deserve a medal.

Quote Originally Posted by DM_Benjamin View Post
    there is an ingame target finder?
    War Room -> Potential Targets (Tab at the top of the page)

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    I find the idea that you can can claim the right not to be hit from a tag ridicules. It is good that there are no penalties for hitting into a kingdom that is hostile with another. Everything should be a choice based on risk and reward. If you hit into someone's hostile they might come back for you afterwards. If you choose to extend your hostile you kd might recieve randoms or your bank might get plundered because he's so god damn juicy. Rather then QQing in the forums you should go take your revenge on them.
    Is the claim that you have the right to be left alone in wars ridiculous too? This isn't about game mechanics, or QQ'ing in the forums. I'm just wondering where the hell all the common courtesy has gone. If you want to go and abuse people who are abusing the hostile tags, then go and confirm that they're really not in a hostile and stay the hell out of my legit ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    The perfect solution: Don't drag out hostile.
    That's a little hard to do when the other side is the one that has the button.

Quote Originally Posted by black64 View Post
    i'm thinking Mr. Palem never had to deal with Abs who were hunting for acres ... if you don't hold hands, they will take your acres, same with pretty much any other big kd. This thread resembles a spoiled kid having his toy taken from him. At least that's what it makes me think of ... God know how many hits i took from bigger kds and had to eat it .. so i don't see the point of this cry thread. It's a game, it goes on , stuff happens, deal with it.
    I've dealt with Abs plenty. They don't screw with me. Not because I'm some big bad boss that's going to ruin their age, but if they mess with me, I mess with them and it very quickly becomes not worth their time.

Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    did TFC ever rob into people's EOWCFs?
    Couldn't tell you. I do know some people robbed into hostiles and I had apologize and give up a CF in return =\

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    Hitting into someone's hostile is not against the game rules. So you cannot expect others not to hit into your hostile nor demand that from them. If you feel mistreated by a hit into your hostile you should hunt them down and bring the fight to them. Tagging up as hostile, rebuilding, no war, please don't hit me or whatever is at best a polite request not to attack. It holds absolutely no value when it comes to game rules.
    A polite request to keep your fight 1v1 is all it should take. Apparently it's not and people need a good reminder in why it's not ok to act like a bunch of classes douchebags. It's not a matter of game rules, it's a matter of players respecting one another.

Swift justice is in order.

Those unwritten rules are already a part of the game. It would be a lot more fun if they weren't (though farming would become rampant). Adding game mechanics for hostile is a definite no.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I agree, there shouldn't be any in-game mechanics to protect a hostile. People should just have the good sense to leave a 1v1 as a 1v1 unless they want their future conflicts to not be 1v1.

Regular
    Palem get a life so you need three kingdoms to do what you can't, your not the only one with friends and any kingdom hitting in will feel the full force of all my allied kingdoms which are much bigger than yours. Simple fact of the mater a person hitting off a phone using the target finder has no way of knowing you were hostile, When i observed you were i ordered a stop to all hits after realising what had happened I did so out of respect for your hostile. You are one of the biggest douches this game has ever seen if this is the way you respond to simple mistake from a new player to the game attacking off his phone. who had no way of knowing you were in an active hostile.

Do what you have too, But don't for one second think that our allies wont be coming after each and every kingdom you get to help you. I doubt they would want to ruin their ages for a cry baby like yourself . You are just pathetic. Enough said, I tried to be nice and explain the situation honestly, there were many more targets in your kingdom i could have had my kingdom hit but as soon as I realized what a new to the game player had done i put a halt to any further attacks and advised them of the moral stance regarding hostile as it was the right thing to do. You need to grow up mate. this is how you act over 300 acres. The only thing your proving here is how much of a lamer you are, how about you learn how to play and come take us on 1 vs 1? If you bring in friends trust me I have a lot more than you in regards to top kingdoms who are all quietley laughing at your pathetic antics you are displaying here today. And they assure me they have my back 100%. So get your ghettos, No top kingdom would bother ruining there round after reading the crap you sprout on a daily basis. They are all quietly laughing at you this very moment. You bring 3 and Ill bring 10 kingdoms. Fact of the mater is i tried to explain nicely the mistake that was made by a new player but that isn't sufficient . You just proved who the real douche in this situation is. Please feel free to name the kingdoms you have coming my way since your so cocky about it.

Simple fact of the mater a person hitting off a phone using the target finder has no way of knowing you were hostile,
    Snatch News is not blocked when you play from your phone.

In mod news: Banned for 24 hours for insults.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Forum Addict
    Palem went to Bishop and Bishop banned. lol

Palem has his own hammer, he doesn't come to me.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Demon
    Saying in one thread that people hitting into a hostile is bad because it should be 1 vs 1 whilst in other threads advocating that razing into other people's wars or calling in "allies" to do the same to your opponents under the slightest minor provocation is just ridiculous.

Wars should be 1 vs 1 in every circumstance, no kiddie excuses and toys out of the pram exceptions. Hostile is not recognised as being anything on the KD page so it isn't anything until it becomes war. There's no reason for hostile relations to be dragging on unless some kingdom of numpties has given another ops/spells and are then getting what they deserve in response.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    How is hitting out of your war keeping the war 1v1? Once you hit out it's no longer 1v1, so there's no obligation on your side to keep it that way either. Either way aren't you the one who spouts off about how if it's not against the game rules than it's fair game? Hitting into wars isn't against the game rules.

Palem get a life so you need three kingdoms to do what you can't, your not the only one with friends and any kingdom hitting in will feel the full force of all my allied kingdoms which are much bigger than yours. Simple fact of the mater a person hitting off a phone using the target finder has no way of knowing you were hostile, When i observed you were i ordered a stop to all hits after realising what had happened I did so out of respect for your hostile. You are one of the biggest douches this game has ever seen if this is the way you respond to simple mistake from a new player to the game attacking off his phone. who had no way of knowing you were in an active hostile.

Do what you have too, But don't for one second think that our allies wont be coming after each and every kingdom you get to help you. I doubt they would want to ruin their ages for a cry baby like yourself . You are just pathetic. Enough said, I tried to be nice and explain the situation honestly, there were many more targets in your kingdom i could have had my kingdom hit but as soon as I realized what a new to the game player had done i put a halt to any further attacks and advised them of the moral stance regarding hostile as it was the right thing to do. You need to grow up mate. this is how you act over 300 acres. The only thing your proving here is how much of a lamer you are, how about you learn how to play and come take us on 1 vs 1? If you bring in friends trust me I have a lot more than you in regards to top kingdoms who are all quietley laughing at your pathetic antics you are displaying here today. And they assure me they have my back 100%. So get your ghettos, No top kingdom would bother ruining there round after reading the crap you sprout on a daily basis. They are all quietly laughing at you this very moment. You bring 3 and Ill bring 10 kingdoms. Fact of the mater is i tried to explain nicely the mistake that was made by a new player but that isn't sufficient . You just proved who the real douche in this situation is. Please feel free to name the kingdoms you have coming my way since your so cocky about it.
    No you didn't. You tried to play it off like it was some other kd with nubs making mistakes. You haven't once apologized (in private or public) for the hits. As bishop said, your lazy nubs couldn't bother to waste their precious stealth to see if a hostile was actually a hostile and now it's going to cost you. Don't pin it on a "New to the game" player. Two people hit us. One could have certainly been a mistake, two isn't.

I'm sorry if holding people accountable for their actions is being a douchebag. I'd rather be a douchebag than some classless player with no respect outside of his own kd.

If your 10 kds really want to defend your own sloppy/dirty play, then they're going to have their own problems too aren't they? Also, you claim that top kds aren't going to waste their time hitting you, a 10 mil nw kd, but they'll waste time hitting us, a <4 mil nw kd. lol

Grow up Peter pan. You did something bad, did nothing to try and make amends and now something bad will happen to you in return. Welcome to the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by pmyraje View Post
    Saying in one thread that people hitting into a hostile is bad because it should be 1 vs 1 whilst in other threads advocating that razing into other people's wars or calling in "allies" to do the same to your opponents under the slightest minor provocation is just ridiculous.

Wars should be 1 vs 1 in every circumstance, no kiddie excuses and toys out of the pram exceptions. Hostile is not recognised as being anything on the KD page so it isn't anything until it becomes war. There's no reason for hostile relations to be dragging on unless some kingdom of numpties has given another ops/spells and are then getting what they deserve in response.
    Why should wars be 1v1? There are mechanics in place to allow hits in/out of war.
    To answer my own question; because it really sucks when its not. Same applies with hostiles, its just a courtesy thing. Two KDs matched up in NW/Land/Activity agree to war both expecting a solid exciting war. Then hits come in to one or both sides and while 'valid' and not against any rules, it really throws a spanner in the works for one or both KDs and its just unfortunate and can easily impact the outcome of the war.

Also why does everyone assume this hostile was dragging out? We arranged a war after 2 other KDs ran from us, and had a hostile of like 24 hours while they had the button.
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

C'mon you guys can be such sissies complaining over one or two hostile hits like you have never hit into another hostile before. We all get hits. Blame yourselves for being the weaker province or else just man up, suck it up and play the game. Like you said hitting into wars isnt against the rules much less hitting into hostile. Quit whining.

Thread Information