Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saphire Dragon & Auto Spell Fail

Enthusiast
    but how can you know how good +effectiveness is without any baseline to compare against?

Quote Originally Posted by idiocy View Post
    but how can you know how good +effectiveness is without any baseline to compare against?
    It was easier with genesis, but you just need someone with similar wpa, guilds, sci and nw to yours that doesnt have a mod. Then spam greed on a province that agrees to share their mod wpa and record the results. You could probably establish some good data using Mages Fury also.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

how about support lets me and idiocy set up 2nd accounts that interact with no other provinces and we can test this without screwing over our KD-mates by wasting our mana/time/builds on stuff like this.
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

One account per player, no exceptions.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    One account per player, no exceptions.
    Access to test server :P ?
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

Enthusiast
    haha, well i'm still wondering how 6.5 wpa, faery, mage's fury and +110% channeling science fails so bad. this game hates me.

I've known there was something wrong with magic since I met him

Quote Originally Posted by idiocy View Post
    haha, well i'm still wondering how 6.5 wpa, faery, mage's fury and +110% channeling science fails so bad. this game hates me.
    they got the same moods. and higher honor/more raw.. some do run with 8 rWPA you know

Regular
    Saphhire adds auto-fail. You fail way too much with Saphhire. It is not possible that there isnt an auto-fail.
    Also I have feeling that it increases self spell failing.
    Last edited by Suur; 05-10-2013 at 01:04.

Saphire does not have an auto fail, my KD is currently in a war and I decided to run a real world test on this concept. We gave them a saphire dragon for the first 24 hours, I run with 1 wizzard, that is not 1WPA but instead 1 wizzard which shows as 0WPA.

In that 24 hours I was the subject of a FB run and multiple other casting ops, there were a total of 2 fails on me which I assume were because I had Natures Blessing up. Well over 50 ops went through in this time, so the success rate against me was over 95% and I would argue that without NB negating a storms spell it would have been 100% success against me while having a Saphire Dragon on the enemy.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by anomander View Post
    Saphire does not have an auto fail, my KD is currently in a war and I decided to run a real world test on this concept. We gave them a saphire dragon for the first 24 hours, I run with 1 wizzard, that is not 1WPA but instead 1 wizzard which shows as 0WPA.

In that 24 hours I was the subject of a FB run and multiple other casting ops, there were a total of 2 fails on me which I assume were because I had Natures Blessing up. Well over 50 ops went through in this time, so the success rate against me was over 95% and I would argue that without NB negating a storms spell it would have been 100% success against me while having a Saphire Dragon on the enemy.
    Interesting test. Thanks for the comment.

Um.. natures blessing doesn't cause the spells to fail, if they try to storm you i believe it says that your lands were protected by NB. I could be wrong, its been a long time since i've had someone cast storms on me.
    The reason i think it has an auto fail is that the rate of self spell failure seems to go up substantially and thats not based on WPA at all, its based on guild % only.
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto

Thread Information