Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I got scammed and killed by kingdom

I got scammed and killed by kingdom

I played this game a long time ago but forgot most of what I knew. I had been playing for a few days and talking to KD mates through chat for advice, and they were all very friendly. I mentioned that I couldn't spend my gold fast enough, and one of my KD mates, <removed>, told me how to fix it, and offered to hold on to some of it until I could spend it so that it wouldn't get stolen. I sent him most of my money, went to bed, and woke up to find that the monarch had destroyed my KD because he wanted more slots open for better players to join. Throughout this entire time, I was active, logging in a couple times daily to manage my province and read guides, this wasn't just clearing out an inactive member. They just couldn't stand to play with a new player and decided to scam me in the process.

I just wanted to post this in case any of you wondered why you never got any new players, now you know why.
    Last edited by Palem; 29-07-2013 at 14:01.

Forum Fanatic
    kevin, how much gold are you talking about here?

lol. This is a troll.
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Forum Fanatic
    i certainly hope so

Not much, only 500k. It's not the money that bothers me, I lost my whole province anyway. I'm just pissed they pretended to teach me the game just so they could scam me and kick me out.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    No locs. Not every kd wants to teach players but there are plenty that will. Quitting because you happened to land in a less forgiving kd is just a poor decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Carbonara View Post
    Not much, only 500k. It's not the money that bothers me, I lost my whole province anyway. I'm just pissed they pretended to teach me the game just so they could scam me and kick me out.
    You could join Rage, they are in the process of training new players
    The 4 Horsemen

*A cult worships their leader who is alive and well. A religion worships the same guy except he is dead.

I'm not worried about it. I've just played a lot of small games like this where the established players can't understand why no one wants to play their game while simultaneously running off all the new players, I thought some of you guys might want to know why that happens.

Disgrace this is. You shouldn't quit tho, check the recruitment threads and find a good home.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    Disgrace this is. You shouldn't quit tho, check the recruitment threads and find a good home.
    + 1
    RIP: Band of Brothers going out with a crown age 59!

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    ^^^

utopia is a harsh game for new players, true that.

Thumbs up

I just love how he bothered to post, then Godly and Palem two people who I think it is fair to say are "utopian celebrities" or maybe "higher level players" [I am sure there are other more suited terms, but you gather my drift] call him a troll and accuse him of making a bad decision respectively.

Way to prove his point guys!

roffle mayo
    Last edited by itchm; 23-07-2013 at 08:33.
    Disclaimer
    Take everything I post with a grain a salt. It tastes better that way.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I'm not sure how sympathizing with someone and telling them not quit the game is trolling/confirming the game's elitism...

Maybe stop actively trying to make mountains out of molehills and trying to damn people that you for no reason at all have a problem with. That would prolly be a better investment of your time.

Veteran
    you came off just a tad dismissive and cold is all palem, not friendly and comforting as maybe this newer slightly pissed upon person might appreciate :)

next dharan will come in and laugh :P and bishop will go, this isn;t a real utopia talk topic and close the thread :)

Thread Information