Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I got scammed and killed by kingdom

Regular
    Always two sides to the story and here is the side from the monarch that killed him off.

We have a sticky in the forum titled README first - Kingdom Rules & Information

It has our rules, what's expected of everybody, and asks for new players to tells us about themselves and acknowledge they have read the thread. After 2-3 days of Kevin joining he was sent a PM by me directing him to that thread to check-in. No reply. Another 24-36hrs I sent a 2nd PM directly to that thread. Still no reply. At that point one of the other core members sent him a PM also directing him to that thread. After another 24hrs of no reply he was removed from the kingdom.

It had nothing to do with being new. We've had several new players to the game recently. It had to do with not bothering to read the forums and/or reply to PMs.

Regular
    Well, someone was talking to him, otherwise how did he know to send <removed> his stash of cash for ermmm ....... 'safekeeping'?

New players require a gentle education into the expectations of the game - remember what it was like for you?

Either way, it matters not - it looks like he's found a new home where hopefully he'll receive a more nurturing, tolerant response.

I hope you'll reflect on this and treat new players to your KD with more patience in the future.
    Last edited by Palem; 29-07-2013 at 14:02.

Regular
    Addendum: I got into a pm convo with fishy and he asked that I post this, as he does not have a forum account and doesn't make a habit of visiting here:

OIC!

Yeah I was sad about that. tbh. I spent an hour teaching him how to change his buildings, and took his gc so it wouldn't get plundered since his dpa was so low and he had explored to 600 acres... a good target for a smaller province plunder attack. So made sense for me to take it as halfer rogue.

Not sure if the king checked in with our noobie training coordinator or not, but I asked the newbie dude to message the noobie coordinator to let him know he was learning, and to get involved in the forums. He might have missed the fact that I had done work with the guy, and he was a quick study. TBH I'd recommend to our king to bring him back in if he can commit to attacking twice a day. I'd take him under my wing. :)

Can you post this in the big forums for me? Running out the door for a bit, and don't have an account to those forums.

:) Lets keep the game alive. I liked that little noobie! hahah.

Seemed like a nice guy to me...

Regular
    Our noobie training coordinator as he put it was the 2nd one to message him that he didn't respond to. So again...we put in the effort, he chose to ignore, he was removed. Lesson learned for him.

To the kd 2 mil larger than us that decided to raze me because of this thread. I'm flattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Glimi View Post
    Our noobie training coordinator as he put it was the 2nd one to message him that he didn't respond to. So again...we put in the effort, he chose to ignore, he was removed. Lesson learned for him.

To the kd 2 mil larger than us that decided to raze me because of this thread. I'm flattered.
    I am the only one from my KD to raze you, if you want to claim it is my whole KD in here hitting you I can arrange that if you would like. That way your statement will be true!!! Also if you can lie about something as menial as that I'm sure you are lying about your treatment of the noobie :)

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaminium View Post
    I am the only one from my KD to raze you, if you want to claim it is my whole KD in here hitting you I can arrange that if you would like. That way your statement will be true!!! Also if you can lie about something as menial as that I'm sure you are lying about your treatment of the noobie :)
    To the PROVINCE in a kd 2 mil larger than us that decided to raze me because of this thread. I'm flattered.

*fixed* just for you. You want to know what drives players away more than new vs old mentality....power plays by larger kingdoms. By all means continue to show me how good you are by razing somebody 50% of your size while sitting in fortified.

Post Fiend

Incoming ban

Kind of dumb playing semantics when you do something as incredibly moronic and menial.

I've met a lot of stupid people along my life cycle in Utopia, and it's really hard not to put you in the top ten, in regards to this situation and your gullibility to believe a poster in the main forums.

If it smells like a farm, acts like a farm, it's most likely a farm, hence why he was even brought up in the discussion of his removal. I'm all for giving everyone a fair shake, but honestly, are you this stupid and desperate for attention that you'd attack into our kingdom because the OP magically posted the kingdom number?

Learn to noob more

he actually is a noob, but im not here to argue that. i'm here just to let you know to treat new players a little better because this game desperately needs them... like i said to you via in game message glimli the whole utopian community suffers when new players are treated this way. and calamity no need for personal insults here man, this is but a game. people hit for no reason at all so don't get your panties in a bunch because your monarch got razed for hardly any acres at all.

Also i do find it funny that this thread was here for over a week and none of you show up in it until someone hits you due to it. anyway i will ignore the personal insult, and wish your kingdom good luck for the rest of the age! :)
    Last edited by Zaminium; 29-07-2013 at 20:14.

Regular
    If you wouldn't have messaged me we wouldn't have seen the thread. Nobody in the kingdom pay attention to the forums unless it's during end of age reading about the changes. Getting on your high horse to preach to me about hurting the future of the game while razing me for doing something that the majority of Utopia does on a regular basis is comical. I am sure if I was to random into your kd and not reply to PMs or post in the forums I'd be removed as well.

i didn't mail you the thread so i have no idea what you are talking about there. anyway like i said good luck to you and your KD for the rest of your age. it should be a little better since you don't have to coach noobies! :-P

Post Fiend
    he actually is a noob, but im not here to argue that. i'm here just to let you know to treat new players a little better because this game desperately needs them... like i said to you via in game message glimli the whole utopian community suffers when new players are treated this way. and calamity no need for personal insults here man, this is but a game. people hit for no reason at all so don't get your panties in a bunch because your monarch got razed for hardly any acres at all.

Also i do find it funny that this thread was here for over a week and none of you show up in it until someone hits you due to it. anyway i will ignore the personal insult, and wish your kingdom good luck for the rest of the age! :)
    I don't care how many resources he lost. My panties are in a bunch because you decided to be a vigilante here without doing any sort of due diligence. So, yes, of course you'll back away. It was obviously stupid, even you see it now.

I'm normally a pretty easy guy to get along with, but this sort of crap just IRKS the crap out of me.

That MAYBE, just MAYBE we went out of our way to help this poor sap, and in the end just wasn't worth the trouble. All of utopia does it, so get off your high horse. He lasted longer than normal and we gave him an honest shot.

Regular
    how about you just acknowledge that this was a learning curve and let your community know you'll show more patience and talk to each other more, before damning a new player to hell?

All this smoke and mirrors is plain irritating.

And, it was me who sent you the link, Glimli. It was in the PM titled 'shame on you'.

:)

I helped him and took gc.

He didn't check in with the newbie trainer, king got this message and he got killed off, despite my investment of lots of time training and offering to hold the gc so he wouldn't get plundered. Misunderstanding is all. Kinda a hilarious one tbh.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    how about you just acknowledge that this was a learning curve and let your community know you'll show more patience and talk to each other more, before damning a new player to hell?

All this smoke and mirrors is plain irritating.

And, it was me who sent you the link, Glimli. It was in the PM titled 'shame on you'.
    Yeah noticed it wasn't Zam on the original after he/she said that. As for acknowledging patience, perhaps you didn't read the above where I listed all the communication attempts with no response. If new provinces can't be bothered to answer PMs or reply to a README FIRST forum thread before they are OOP then they will continue getting killed off until we find our 20th player that can.

No smoke and mirrors necessary.

Thread Information