Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any white knights?

Any white knights?

After reading this in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    [...] if people think what SWEA did was messed up, then they will act. But I think it would be because they messed up Pew, not cause they hurt Debauch - because the bar is lowered on how Debauch deserves to be treated imo.
    I have a question for anyone with time to answer and felt it was unrelated enough to make a new topic.

Are there any solid examples where people actually have cared enough to act on behalf of another kingdom being wronged? I don't mean alliance play, like the Absalom kingdoms hitting someone who hits a kingdom in their alliance. And I don't mean someone posting an angry thread in the forums, lol ^.^

I mean a genuinely unallied kingdom getting bullied and other kingdoms choosing to put their own kingdom goals aside for a spell to right a Utopian wrong. The Pew Pew/SWEA probably isn't the best example for this, because I could see lots of people who want to crown going after SWEA regardless of how they feel about SWEA's recent hits into Pew Pew's war.

I haven't played nearly as long as most players have, and have watched top kingdom play for even less. But I don't have any solid examples jumping to mind from the recent past, especially not among "major" or well-known kingdoms. So I thought I would try to tap the knowledge of my fellow Utopians whose memories are probably better than mine. ^.^ Anyone?

Post Demon
    How many years back are we talking, and how many examples are you looking for?

The short answer is, yes. There are hundreds of examples of this over the years.

Thank you for taking time to answer, Ezzerland :) Preferably kingdoms who are still active?

Probably only if they had something to gain out of it themselves.

Strategy Moderator
    My kd does this from time to time. Whenever i get an in game msg asking for help i msg the kd causing issues...99% of the time simply threatening will help and u dont even have to attack. With that said im a big fan of handeling your problems yourself, if your in a fight there's probably a reason you're fighting. Asking for "help" should be a last resort.
    Last edited by Persain; 17-07-2013 at 11:58.

Why they gotta be white? You don't like "dark humans"?
    #sinners <---click to join

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    Probably only if they had something to gain out of it themselves.
    If we're talking about current utopia, this^. Top kds actively try to find excuse to get away with their own dirty play (They promised war!, They stole our gc durring EoWCF!, We called dibs!, ect). For ghettos it's usually a combo of not caring and/or not being a position to actually do something about it. Not a lot you can do when none of your provs can hit the offending kd.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    If we're talking about current utopia, this^. Top kds actively try to find excuse to get away with their own dirty play (They promised war!, They stole our gc durring EoWCF!, We called dibs!, ect). For ghettos it's usually a combo of not caring and/or not being a position to actually do something about it. Not a lot you can do when none of your provs can hit the offending kd.
    Very good point. I was looking for an actual example of 1-2 kingdoms to follow...I was going to compare them to kingdoms that are known for less "honorable" play and compare how they do over the course of an age to see a real-life example of whether selfish play is rewarded more than honorable play in the long run. But, it may be hard to find this for the very reasons you named.

Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by UnknownGhost View Post
    Why they gotta be white? You don't like "dark humans"?
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dicti...white%20knight
    Race has nothing to do with it, silly ^.^

Post Demon
    I don't know of any that exist in today's utopia, really. Sending messages here or there is one thing.. Nowadays kingdoms can hardly act in their own interest... never mind someone else.

Needs to get out more
    If only...I would explain, but chivalry must be kept a secret or the advantage is great for the lesser worms.
    One example: undead mystic random attacks and army is 13+ days out. Nice recipient with rax and aggressive stance opts to retal trad march only. Could have ambushed and trad march twice/learn/plunder. - A more seasoned player would have earned a much heavier penalty because it takes time and gold to reconstitute land lost, and they know that.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 18-07-2013 at 22:12.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thumbs up

"Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

I was in a kingdom once in which the monarch grew into a super fat turtle and then declared war trying to kill off his kd mates so he could control monarchy with 50%. I finally convinced my kd to take away his monarchy and surrendered the war after I gained control for my leadership. From there I asked outside kds to help rid us of this taint player and they did help.. because it was obvious he was a troll. Even from the outside it was clear.

Last age we (ghetto) helped out some guys needing help. It happens.
    PEW PEW PEW!

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by KuhaN View Post
    epiC.

Needs to get out more
    The core of the situation is 'which came first?' - I notice there are a lot of mean drunks that are brilliant mathematicians in Utopia. - for the intuitive I don't have to lead any further, but for the analytics the question is when did you get better at this game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information