Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colapsing player base

Colapsing player base

we are soon to cut the 6k player line real soon. It it just be me or is recruitment starting to getting very hard. not to forget there is alot of jumping peaple that only want to be in a truely succesfull kingdom else they jump on to the next lucky basted

Enthusiast
    jesus christ, 6k players only??? If I remember correctly then at the start of the year there was well over 7k. damn, should come back to the game...

Need KuhaN here for that trademark one word post of his!

It's not uncommon for the player count to drop during the summer, a lot of people play at school. However, the reality is a lot of the oldest players who have been around the longest are out of school and into real life, so many of them are retiring or are already gone.
    S E C R E T S

Post Demon
    Its a massive time sink with no reward or benefit. Its gonna trickle down slowly asplayers retire, because no new players are incoming.

Insert Facebook app?
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Insert Facebook app?
    Facebook or a mobile app needs to be made asap if this game is to survive another year. Playing from a phone is so easy and means it is accessible to everyone. I know one is being made but it needs to hurry up as people playing with 6,000 others COULD keep them hooked.

Make funner changes instead of the sissy small modifications every age. Cowards.

The problem is utopia is way too time consuming. Utopia's direction of making wars more frequent and damaging have exacerbated it. New players don't come in faster than older players quit due to time constraints. So, if utopia continues this direction, the decline will continue.
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

We have been at 7k'ish players for a long time. I think summer plays a big part in the shrinking total. I am sure that next age we will see a increase in numbers.
    It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    As others have said, its summer. The care factor is in the basement

Needs to get out more
    In the end we can all make virtual kingdoms and debate how things would've gone if our kingdoms had relations. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    The problem is utopia is way too time consuming. Utopia's direction of making wars more frequent and damaging have exacerbated it. New players don't come in faster than older players quit due to time constraints. So, if utopia continues this direction, the decline will continue.
    People wan to be out and about. They can on a phone. Yes you can browse the game on phone browser but it is clumsy.

Enthusiast
    The problem is that there are many offense modifiers so topfeeding is optimal strat. So unless you go for crown you stay smaller and more pumped. People didn;t even explore in protection at start of age so stagnation hit really early making the game boring.
    Even if a total new kd starts now it can get to top 15 range by end of age and i bet they'll have more fun than those who were playing all age.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCurious View Post
    We have been at 7k'ish players for a long time. I think summer plays a big part in the shrinking total. I am sure that next age we will see a increase in numbers.
    I think we had 1 age where we were even. It has been dropping about 5% per age for ages... It was 10k like 3 years ago...
    My life is better then yours.

its a bit more then 5% thou..

Thread Information