Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting people to find Utopia

Getting people to find Utopia

I think the biggest problem why we dont get many new players is since its so hard to find utopia. When people want to play/find a online game they usually go to a famous site or google something up. I dont think the biggest problem is the game, but the marketing around it. These are some of the things i think would help tremendously:

- We as players could help out by having the utopia site in our signiture if we are member in another community.
    - Google adwords (although i dont really know how it works)
    - Like other people have said - Facebook apps, Mobile apps etc
    - The best tip - If you guys could make a Flash version of the game it would be a HUGE plus because we could add them to VERY famous online game sites where we could get loads of traffick. We as players vote the game very high at start and when people sort "highest rated" utopia will be there somewhere.

Also, we need better help for newcomers to understand the game :-)

There is already a thread about this.
    It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Yes, i know. But since that thread is pretty old i think more people will read it here then if i wrote it in the other thread. And the only reason Im writing this is to help the game survive.

Yeah, but if you post in the other thread, it gets moved up in the rankings and will end up on top. My point is just that too many start threads, that already exist, so the meaning of it looses its value. If we flood the forum with new subjects non stop, ppl wont read half of it.
    It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Forum Fanatic
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...lp-Utopia-Grow

The MODs wont help promote clicking it...

Already voted on those two sites American :-)

plenty of easy things they can do.. like if you get a freind to join you get xx.. like 5k sceince or whatever.. --> only new peaple ofc

Yep, not a bad idea. Only if the Mod can control it so people dont exploit these bonuses ofc. Although i really think if they could provide a flash version that can be shared on top gaming sites like armorgam... and other sites we would get much more traffic. Plenty of games that get huge success with this method.

Eventually, utopia will be down to 100 players and then we can make 100 kingdoms with 1 player a piece. Then I'll be happy!
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Post Demon
    I wonder what the stats are on player retention when new players do turn up and start. The top echelons of the game are so cliquey and political it's not at all tempting for new players to hang around really.

Yep, i understand that the activity and will to learn maybe is too much for the newer players if they turn up in a hardcore KD. But players there should either help out the new prov or at the very least encourage them to defect and continue playing in a KD that doesnt require so much activity. Lots of things we player can do to make the newer players stay.

Post Demon
    It's the activity more so than learning that is a killer. There are a lot of games people can play nowadays that immerse them more than Utopia does, with graphics, storylines and whatever else. Utopia is great as a game that you can log into on and off during a day or evening, make an attack a day or whatever else and have some fun, but there just aren't enough players any more. If you have even a modicum of skill and a semi-decent kingdom you grow to within reach of the top 10 and then the fun ends as you get fed on endlessly by the hardcore players.

Our kingdom has been a casual one for the last Age and a half, but we are all good players so even playing casually we quickly rise to the edge of or into the top 10, but then it is all politics and childishness. That doesn't interest a lot of casual players so a kingdom like ours has nowhere to go and good players start to leave the game as I myself likely will before the Age is out.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    Eventually, utopia will be down to 100 players and then we can make 100 kingdoms with 1 player a piece. Then I'll be happy!
    Smear the Queer, in the parlance of my time. Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Have everyone with a face book account fly a utopia (header) banner on their page, it's hard to get grass roots advertising happening if you don't know what your doing ( I'm truly in that position) ...... I've spammed my face book account a couple of times and also my old utopia hotmail/MSN account but really I have no true idea on how to get the message out to the masses ....... If some one does please speak up
    IMPERIALS KLA

Veteran
    We can spread the word ourselves on social media. Spamming your own FB page only draws so many ppl. I don't do twitter, so I don't know how it works, but on Facebook there are gamers pages, where gamers talk about gaming. That's a good place to share. Like this one: https://m.facebook.com/MM0Games?tsid...urce=typeahead
    Long live Mehul!

Thread Information