Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Getting people to find Utopia

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    You can play solo dolo. The game puts very few limits on how you may choose to approach the game.
    Perhaps I misread somewhere but didn't someone say that if the monarch didn't like you he could kick you out? I could see the issue; "Hey that stupid noob is hitting everyone in sight and now everyone is going to war with us, etc.."

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    Perhaps I misread somewhere but didn't someone say that if the monarch didn't like you he could kick you out? I could see the issue; "Hey that stupid noob is hitting everyone in sight and now everyone is going to war with us, etc.."
    Yes. The wise player moves on if he doesn't want to conform and wants to find a more appropriate kingdom. Essentially the decision comes to how active and how free thinking you are. As you go up the ranking it is less likely you get to function at your whim. Theoretically there should be kingdoms that let you run independently and they operate like a great team, say LeBron era Miami Heat. I think of it more as a jazz ensemble but you get the drift.

Anyways, this doesn't happen with 1 exception; super ghettos or retirement ghettos are kingdoms full of retired players who just want to have fun. The best come from top kingdoms and part of their fun is growing immense provinces. if you're new you probably won't learn much in a retirement ghetto but the company is nice. They tend to let those that can hang in there stay, but you're on your own a lot. I really like them, but most aren't in the mood to teach. If anything you'll get a few tips.

I've played solo. I mean completely alone as the only province in a kingdom. This is very labor intensive and rewarding. This I wouldn't recommend to a new player. It can create bad habits. - The only other alternative would be a barbarian kingdom, which I'm currently aware of none. Barbarians were players in kingdoms that ran completely or nearly wild. I was in Aggression is the Liquor which was such a kingdom. We did some disorganized raiding at different targets and we saw many double hostiles(hostile is the level of relationship required to war).
    Even so, I was in a kingdom that was randoming recklessly. We were in war and none of the kingdom much minded. We were hitting anything in and out of war. We had no monarch, as the team was so....well it wasn't even a team, just a bunch of attackers and sympathetic t/ms.

There are some fine teachers out there and I recommend you do as they say so you can become a better player. If you haven't posting in the recruitment thread you should.

Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Well thanks for the info.

Anyway this game needs to advertise that it is a REAL TIME playing game. I was trying to perform a function and now it tells me that function won't be completed until 16 hrs later. Where will I be 16 hrs later? Where will I be 4 hrs later? Do I need to constantly log into game to PUSH my offensive troops out or risk losing them to an incoming attack? (Yes I'm learning some stuff)
    So that isn't cool that this game doesn't advertise this. I know if I play risk online I am expected to be back in less than 24 hrs - or lose. I know if I am playing a turn game then I can come in and enjoy my turns and instantly see my rewards (or not). And if I play all the turns then I can see what a mistake that was to do the next day. But a real time playing game is hard to deal with. Real time is made for real human life experiences. I've never understood the attraction to these types of games. Can somebody enlighten me? Please?

Scribe
    Generally you will send all your offensive troops out at once in an attack or two at the same time. They will then be gone for hours. It's gonna be much easier to see when protection ends and you can see all attack options. You can shorten or prolong your attack times to fit your schedule.
    For example an attack you were planning to make will take 12 hours(the game will tell you the time it will take), but you know you will be sleeping at that time and won't be up again till 2 hours later. The you use the +2 hour option which will make your troops return in 14 hours instead of 12.
    So no, you don't have to constantly be there watching the game. You do however have to plan your time a little, if you want to run a successful province.

Thread Information