Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Getting people to find Utopia

Veteran
    About "Getting people to find Utopia"...........
    Long live Mehul!

Forum Fanatic
    Topfeeding is strong until you max the meter.

The Jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by Anri View Post
    Korp only fun in this game is going to the forum and add gasoline to any possible spark to let every topic derail into a flame or a huge fire. Its what he does best and this is his legacy in the game. He is good for nothing else. If anyone should get 1 year ban who better then him. His history on these boards speak in volumes. He might be avoiding bans by controlling the way he speaks better then most, but his only purpose is to get under peoples skin and create forum trouble. I pity Korp more then any other player. If only he was someone ingame worth fighting, but hes not and never will be. At best he can find himself being a core patriot for a group of leaders, he will be the dog, the loyal one, sniffing ass, marking his territory and brownnosing someones ass then go to the forum and act like a dick. This is why i will treat him like the dog he is while i keep a friendly approuch to next to all other players while im growing old with the game.

Yea i take a ban for this personal insult. Because im bored and it feels good, knowing Korp is douche. **** should **** have like we say in sweden...
    Yea, I should just threaten to come and break peoples arms cause I dont get what i want in a game over the internet. That is so much better right? :) (Funny story, once to avoid getting waved by my kingdom both calle and Anri threaten people in my kingdom to come and beat us up.)

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    Topfeeding is strong until you max the meter.
    Yes, then you go to war. At least I'm no advocate of hiding. I don't mind playing my hand and then seeing how things break. The center of fear is in the t/m sector, or most. This is why I have great respect for Palem as he tags kingdom, plays t/m and is willing to retal bottom feeders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Veteran
    Excellent debate about the game going on here. The topic though is getting people to play it! Is everyone who posted here willing to share the general on social media? Let's try it!
    Long live Mehul!

Scribe
    We get new players(maybe not enough but we get them). The problem is making them stay. I'd be wiling to wager over 70% quit within a week because they get fed on in game, killed off cause monarchs are to lazy to teach or made fun of in these forums. Even if they stay for an age come eoa they will get discouraged further by chart shaping and eoa bottomfeeders. The guide is outdated and not even close to complete so new players can't learn from that. So unless they land in a kingdom with a monarch that knows how to play and is willing to explain how to play new players don't stand a chance to learn.

Veteran
    That goes with any MMO! They're all sink or swim. To get more players, we need more traffic? Any ideas on how to get traffic to the site?
    Long live Mehul!

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Yes, then you go to war. At least I'm no advocate of hiding. I don't mind playing my hand and then seeing how things break. The center of fear is in the t/m sector, or most. This is why I have great respect for Palem as he tags kingdom, plays t/m and is willing to retal bottom feeders.
    the only problem with this is the farm out potential against a kingdom way oor. The war win bonus should be adjusted based on the relative size of your opponent.

The Jerks.

well, the only people I would point to this game are pricks. I don't think nice people are likely to stay.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    We get new players(maybe not enough but we get them). The problem is making them stay. I'd be wiling to wager over 70% quit within a week because they get fed on in game, killed off cause monarchs are to lazy to teach or made fun of in these forums. Even if they stay for an age come eoa they will get discouraged further by chart shaping and eoa bottomfeeders. The guide is outdated and not even close to complete so new players can't learn from that. So unless they land in a kingdom with a monarch that knows how to play and is willing to explain how to play new players don't stand a chance to learn.
    I haven't even started playing this game and yet I am already spooked from reading these forums. But it isn't the 'getting bashed' part as much as all the numbers and formulas players are throwing around. Is this game or a math problem? Is this a math game or a fantasy medieval game? And it seems more intense on win win WIN than have fun fun FUN!

Wow, from 120,000 players to what, 4,000(?). A shame. Presumably the decline happened gradually over the last 10 years?

Quote Originally Posted by cloud_86 View Post
    Wow, from 120,000 players to what, 4,000(?). A shame. Presumably the decline happened gradually over the last 10 years?
    Well back in the old OLD days these sort of TEXT games were highly popular. Now the internet has flashy graphics, animation. Plus back then these text game players were but children. Now those same kids have grown into jobs, marriage, their own children, and general life stuff; not much room left for playing text games that require quite a bit of concentration. (if you wish to win)

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    Well back in the old OLD days these sort of TEXT games were highly popular. Now the internet has flashy graphics, animation. Plus back then these text game players were but children. Now those same kids have grown into jobs, marriage, their own children, and general life stuff; not much room left for playing text games that require quite a bit of concentration. (if you wish to win)
    But this game uses VERY LITTLE DATA! A lot of gamers will agree that flashy graphics in similar games (like lord of Ultima, which now doesn't exist) just slow down and detract from the game! !!!! Also, if you play on mobile, which is the only technology that many even use these days, those graphics just eat up your data and don't actually add to the game. There are literally hundreds of thousands of gamers out there that would LOVE Utopia that do not know that it exists.
    Long live Mehul!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyguy View Post
    There are literally hundreds of thousands of gamers out there that would LOVE Utopia that do not know that it exists.
    Well how about you let me be the judge on that? I am a new player to this game after all. And IF I like it then you are correct.

A good text game needs a good handle (easy on the controls), has a fair playing field, is interesting to the consumer (I myself like these sort of games), and is highly enjoyable to play. REMEMBER though the text game needs more option flexibility compared to the animated graphic types. For example this game has 8 races + ruler personality types to choose from while the graphic blah types only has a few options to choose from. The bad news is this game has no solo play, poor wiki instruction for new players, and no testing place to try a province (= you are either in the main game or there is no game to play..)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You can play solo dolo. The game puts very few limits on how you may choose to approach the game.

Thread Information