Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mechanics of Crowning

im so happy im quitting soon.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    I don't know of valid your claim is that BB or somone in BB admitted to the "hacking" but you just admitted that munk had at least previously shared access to that VPN, there is no other reason to do this than to crosslog which is a breach of the rules btw.
    Even if we were to ignore that reason for a second it's sheer idiocy to let somebody have access to your computer that you cannot trust and obviously you cannot trust somone in a hostile kd. So in conclusion Havoc made a retarded move and got EXACTLY what they deserved and now they're crying about it.
    /thread.

It sucks if this was true but if munk had not changed his password in months/years it is his fault ultimately. Everyone should know in desperate times people will do anything to get a win.

Quote Originally Posted by American Badass View Post
    Everyone should know in desperate times people will do anything to get a win.
    Thanks for that. That's been the story this entire round. Desperate people doing desperate things. I'm personally above all of it and don't choose to participate. I don't need to win that badly.
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

/thread.

It sucks if this was true but if munk had not changed his password in months/years it is his fault ultimately. Everyone should know in desperate times people will do anything to get a win.
    Yes indeed it would suck if it were true, I asked some questions about the detalis behind the alleged "hack" only response I got was Godly telling me that I was a noob and to keep out of private matters, "private" matters munk chose to make public, to try and prove that Havoc didn't self hack his prov to try and get away from BB. I buy that story but this is actually worse, much worse and if munk has shared his vpn for purposes of xlogging either this age or in a previous one then he got exactly what he deserved. Ideally I'd want the perpetrator to be punished as well.

Oh and Godly does BB has players in Colombia? Because last time I heard munk said his trace had died off at a Colombian IP?
    I don't know who is lying here but I have yet to see any convincing evidence that munks vnc was hacked in the manner you traditionally call hacking, ie either a bruteforce attack or a weakness exploit, and in fact reality speak against that because the effort required to bruteforce a reasonably strong password makes it inconvenient at best and if you have to do it through an online connection there are very easy steps you can take to make it virtually impossible.

So from what is known so far I'd draw the conclusion that munk allowed people to crosslog his account at least sometime in the recent history and now he got burned for it, so there's really nothing to see here, Havoc got themselves into this mess just like Simians did, so I guess I have to apologize to Anri, the situation is somewhat comparable and Havoc doesn't deserve any better treatment than Simians got when their crosslog deletions came to light(it's still your own fault but the same thing applies to havoc and neither deserves pity for what happened).
    Last edited by Elldallan; 05-08-2013 at 22:00.

Elldallan, the reason I tell you to stfu is because you are asking questions about things that have already been answered and/or are blatantly obvious and don't require a response. You're also fairly annoying due to your disproportional amount of care (100) with respect to your level of involvement (0) -- on a scale of 0-100. You're like a less intelligent and more annoying version of Korp.

Forum Fanatic
    To be fair we deserve some pity just like the 24 other Havoc players. We had one player being sat and the one whom was sitting him logged into both his and the sitting account from his gf's mobile. I still to this day do not know why the person being sat got deleted, he had zero influence in it and his time invested in the game was lost. I do not know why his account could not be rolled back to when sitting got activated. This type of action encourages people imo to NOT get sitters if others actions can get there account deleted. Just like Havoc, it was obvious a hack took place, roll the account back and make them have to recruit someone else. Punishing kingdoms for individuals actions and admin acting like machines is what is killing this game.

At the end of the day the 100% truth will never come to light in either of the cases and that is what normally gets to me more than the event that actually took place.

I don't feel sorry for munk just as I don't feel sorry for Lendorav (I don't know you munk but it does sound like your fault). I do feel sorry though for the 24 other players that have ZERO input and can not do ANYTHING about it and had no influence into what happened and I also feel sorry for the people moaning this game is dying after some of the reactions posted here.
    Last edited by American Badass; 05-08-2013 at 22:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    Thanks for that. That's been the story this entire round. Desperate people doing desperate things. I'm personally above all of it and don't choose to participate. I don't need to win that badly.
    Above it all lol, no you're just as dirty as everyone else, Havoc didn't do anything to distance themselves from last age despite a partially new leadership, you still wear the same name and you are still a part of the same alliance, you still have players remaining from last age. This is the kingdom you got yourself involved with so you're crawling around in the mud just as much as everybody else.

What certain kingdoms have done to you is called payback, and your kingdom had to know it was coming after the **** they played last age, if you had been around at the time you may not have accepted it but by joining that kingdom you imply that you accept that sort of actions and that behavior or you should have chosen to play somewhere else, it's as simple as that.

American Badass: how many times are you going to compare 3 people getting drunk and going AFK to someone you are hostile with logging into your computer?

Just like Havoc, it was obvious a hack took place, roll the account back and make them have to recruit someone else. Punishing kingdoms for individuals actions and admin acting like machines is what is killing this game.
    As far as Havoc's situation is concerned it isn't obvious a hack took place, not as far as the devs should be concerned anyway, none of the "hacking"/tresspassing took place serverside so it could all be just an unfortunate accident by the owner, there is no way for the devs to tell a hack from an accidental screwup. So no, the province should not be rolled back, it opens up for so much potential abuse, not to mention it would take the devs a lot of time to sift through and investigate the requests.

Forum Fanatic
    Have you actually got 100% proof that it happened and whom it is like solid evidence? (I do not mean chat logs and munks word. Perhaps he was stupid enough to leave an actual security question on his email account linked to fb, was hacked that way and he is now fabricating the story BB hacked him to make up for his silliness). Also we can not even 100% prove that someone got drunk and did log in and did this without cruel intent. How do we know it wasn't planned with Havoc before? How does anyone know anything? At least Flogger was man enough to back out the conflict so the culprit (if true) ****ed up his own kds age.

The one thing i am comparing is 24 players getting shat on.

*Edit* It was one person who screwed over 3 accounts that happened to be good friends with Brado. Due to Simians reps though who'd believe of such a move? After this if true, anything goes in Utopia it would seem so I trust no one really.

Forum Fanatic
    As far as Havoc's situation is concerned it isn't obvious a hack took place, not as far as the devs should be concerned anyway, none of the "hacking"/tresspassing took place serverside so it could all be just an unfortunate accident by the owner, there is no way for the devs to tell a hack from an accidental screwup. So no, the province should not be rolled back, it opens up for so much potential abuse, not to mention it would take the devs a lot of time to sift through and investigate the requests.
    And this is what I mean by people using their brains (not directed at you). WHY would anyone about to enter a war release 1WPA?

Surely Bishop would have access to IPs that logged the account and could back up if a random IP address that has never had contact with the account before accesses it and does this that it is odd?

I guess Zauper chose to keep Havoc in Absalom because Rage and Sanc are traditionally strong allies so it would have made crowning easy (a big attraction to all the mercenaries he was able to recruit). However, those two kingdoms completely shat the bed and put that idea out rather quickly. They should have hedged their bets by keeping just one previous Havoc King and boot him when things went south, but they did not (they kept most of the council). As well, their kingdom is full of greedy albeit talentled players who play in a way that is "dirty" and makes people turn sour on them pretty quickly.

All in all, this wouldnt happen if the aabs lineage stuck true to their roots and identified who their real friends were. Joining Absalom and cutting those ties comes with consequence, and that's just how it goes.
    The End of an Era

And this is what I mean by people using their brains (not directed at you). WHY would anyone about to enter a war release 1WPA?

Surely Bishop would have access to IPs that logged the account and could back up if a random IP address that has never had contact with the account before accesses it and does this that it is odd?
    Drunk people do stupid things all the time, so does tired people. But regardless of whether it would seem to defy all reason to release wpa or whatever action, there has to be actual evidence of foul play before the admins should act on it, not just suspicious circumstances.

You misunderstood what happened, there never was any IP other than munks that logged his account. munk had a virtual network client that allowed people with the password to access and remote control his computer, so everything was done through munks computer hence there is no evidence on the serverside of the game because everything came from the same IP it usually did.

Also in munks case he has a static IP afaik which means it's the same IP accessing the game all the time but the vast majority of internet connections around the glob doesn't have a static IP which means they'll be given a random one out of a pool of tens or hundred thousands of IP's every time they power on their modem.

This is incidentally why I asked the questions Godly claims were already answered or blatantly obvious, I had seen very little actual detail as to what happened on a technical level so I asked questions because gaining access to a system usually involves a fair bit of work, typically not something somebody would do over something as petty as utopia. Havoc claimed the account had been hacked and some people may actually buy into that because they don't know how unlikely it is for that to actually happen. Therefore I asked questions to shed light on something I already suspected, that the "hackers" more than likely already had access to munks system(because munk had given them access at one time or another) or munk ran a 3 letter password or something silly like that.

Drunk people do stupid things all the time, so does tired people. But regardless of whether it would seem to defy all reason to release wpa or whatever action, there has to be actual evidence of foul play before the admins should act on it, not just suspicious circumstances.

You misunderstood what happened, there never was any IP other than munks that logged his account. munk had a virtual network client that allowed people with the password to access and remote control his computer, so everything was done through munks computer hence there is no evidence on the serverside of the game because everything came from the same IP it usually did.

Also in munks case he has a static IP afaik which means it's the same IP accessing the game all the time but the vast majority of internet connections around the glob doesn't have a static IP which means they'll be given a random one out of a pool of tens or hundred thousands of IP's every time they power on their modem.

This is incidentally why I asked the questions Godly claims were already answered or blatantly obvious, I had seen very little actual detail as to what happened on a technical level so I asked questions because gaining access to a system usually involves a fair bit of work, typically not something somebody would do over something as petty as utopia. Havoc claimed the account had been hacked and some people may actually buy into that because they don't know how unlikely it is for that to actually happen. Therefore I asked questions to shed light on something I already suspected, that the "hackers" more than likely already had access to munks system(because munk had given them access at one time or another) or munk ran a 3 letter password or something silly like that.
    Tunneling a vpn into the game is illegal, if untracable. It's fairly clear why the vpn was setup in the first place, though Nick_Mi continues to deny there was any foul play for some reason.

At least when I cheat, I don't get caught.
    -- Freedom Valley - Cartoon Networth - Harsh Cheeses - HaLL of FORCE - The Fantastic Trollfags - Polar Bears - Simians - Pew Pew - RoO - Mango Unchained - RoO

Quote Originally Posted by Ovenmitt View Post
    Tunneling a vpn into the game is illegal, if untracable. It's fairly clear why the vpn was setup in the first place, though Nick_Mi continues to deny there was any foul play for some reason.
    I would tend to agree with that, the reason is obvious.
    I don't know if Havoc crosslogged through it this age but it has obviously been done fairly recently since some other utopian apparently had access to it and screwed munk.

Thread Information